NCAA Tournament 2024

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by KUTradition »

i’ll forever be norfolking
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:42 pm KU gets more better players and more better shooters than Creighton.

Fuck Creighton.

I don't care how few shooters we have this year. It'll be a cold day in hell before I utter the words "when is KU going to get players like Creighton has". LOL
1) Create a statement that no one said

2) Argue with someone about them saying what they did not say

3) Repeat until end of time

All I said is that I wish that KU had more players that could make a three. You chose to change that into something entirely different. You had to create something entirely different to find something to argue with.

LOL indeed.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

who doesn’t like more better though?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:52 pm who doesn’t like more better though?
It was supposed to be mo' betta', but fucking autocorrect.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We're one of the worst three point shooting teams in the sport. The last KU team to have a guy hit 100+ threes in the season won a natty. I didn't think "I wish we had more guys who could hit multiple threes" would draw any arguments but I was proven wrong.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:47 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:42 pm KU gets more better players and more better shooters than Creighton.

Fuck Creighton.

I don't care how few shooters we have this year. It'll be a cold day in hell before I utter the words "when is KU going to get players like Creighton has". LOL
1) Create a statement that no one said

2) Argue with someone about them saying what they did not say

3) Repeat until end of time

All I said is that I wish that KU had more players that could make a three. You chose to change that into something entirely different. You had to create something entirely different to find something to argue with.

LOL indeed.
1) it's not that serious, don't take it so seriously

2) I agree KU needs good shooters

3) Fuck Creighton
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so much hostility
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:56 pm "I wish we had more guys who could hit multiple threes"
Woah there bluejay, that's not EXACTLY what you said.

You said "When the hell is KU going to get some dudes that can drain the three all day?"

Don't be arguing with yourself about something you didn't say.

Oh, and, Gradey Dick says hello.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

illy, let it go
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:01 pm illy, let it go
Sorry, I am just joking with him anyway.

Background: When I was in college, Creighton was still in the MVC. SIUC was not big fans of Creighton back then. Their fans were massively annoying at conference tournaments. So it's fuck Creighton for me.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:00 pm so much hostility
Shitty seasons breed shitty attitudes.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i sure hope shannon isn’t found guilty once he gets his day in court

i know “innocent until proven guilty” and all that, but i’m not sure how i feel about a court injunction being the reason he’s playing. i’m sure the recent and somewhat similar issues with KU are jading my reaction
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:08 pm
i’m actually more stress-free today than i may have ever been for a first-round tourney game, oddly enough
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:11 pm
i’m actually more stress-free today than i may have ever been for a first-round tourney game, oddly enough
That's because it doesn't mean anything. No expectations = no worries.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:10 pm i sure hope shannon isn’t found guilty once he gets his day in court

i know “innocent until proven guilty” and all that, but i’m not sure how i feel about a court injunction being the reason he’s playing. i’m sure the recent and somewhat similar issues with KU are jading my reaction
I work quite a bit in Champaign. Everyone's all downplaying it like it wasn't that big of a deal to make themselves feel better about it.

I think he's probably guilty. I think it'll get settled quietly once he gets drafted and has more money to make it go away.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:13 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:10 pm i sure hope shannon isn’t found guilty once he gets his day in court

I work quite a bit in Champaign. Everyone's all downplaying it like it wasn't that big of a deal to make themselves feel better about it.

I think he's probably guilty. I think it'll get settled quietly once he gets drafted and has more money to make it go away.
gross
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:15 pm

gross
Throw Underwood in that bucket with the Bama coach as far as I am concerned. They wanted that injunction so they could play him.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:13 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:11 pm

That's because it doesn't mean anything. No expectations = no worries.
yup

the McCullar situation was the straw…zero expectations now

but admittedly, very little expectations for the past month and a half or so
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:16 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:15 pm

gross
Throw Underwood in that bucket with the Bama coach as far as I am concerned. They wanted that injunction so they could play him.
yes, definitely birds of a feather

unless i’m misunderstanding the situation, though, there very likely wouldn’t have been an injunction if not for the NIL situation and his potential financial hit if not allowed to play

extra gross
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:00 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:56 pm "I wish we had more guys who could hit multiple threes"
Woah there bluejay, that's not EXACTLY what you said.

You said "When the hell is KU going to get some dudes that can drain the three all day?"

Don't be arguing with yourself about something you didn't say.

Oh, and, Gradey Dick says hello.
As it turns out, he and McCullar will participate in the same number of KU tourney games.