who ya got?

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: who ya got?

Post by jfish26 »

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1 ... 9176557573

Keep in mind that emigration into Texas is heavy, and heavily from blue states (e.g., Californians and New Yorkers moving to Austin).

And that the population is getting younger on average, generally.

This would end the election.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Yep. Texas will turn blue if not this election, by 2024. Book it.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 am Yep. Texas will turn blue if not this election, by 2024. Book it.
Which would effectively cement Democratic control of the White House for as long as it takes the right to reform, and re-form.

It would be delicious if the GOP taking Texas for granted cost them this election.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

In 2016 Trump won 52% of Texas over Dowdy’s 43%, 4.6 million votes over 3.8.

Especially with the turnout thus far, it’s not outta the question
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:49 am
sdoyel wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 am Yep. Texas will turn blue if not this election, by 2024. Book it.
Which would effectively cement Democratic control of the White House for as long as it takes the right to reform, and re-form.

It would be delicious if the GOP taking Texas for granted cost them this election.
Given the voter turnout, it would not be surprising to see Biden win here. The polls have been close for a long while now.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:10 am In 2016 Trump won 52% of Texas over Dowdy’s 43%, 4.6 million votes over 3.8.

Especially with the turnout thus far, it’s not outta the question
He's going to need to hold texas if he wants a 4th and 5th term.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’ve said this a few times. The republicans fucked up so badly with electing Trump that the country is going blue for the next 20-24 years.

Not sure if the senate goes blue this election cycle, but it will by the next one.

Hope they really enjoyed the last 4 years.
Deleted User 310

Fwiw i do not see Biden winning Texas. Biden team pulled advertising from there weeks ago signaling they knew they were dead in the water with Texas.
Deleted User 310

Cascadia wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:44 am

I’ve said this a few times. The republicans fucked up so badly with electing Trump that the country is going blue for the next 20-24 years.

Not sure if the senate goes blue this election cycle, but it will by the next one.

Maybe the next several presidents for sure. Definitely the house. Senate they may not even get back this time around....but there will still be plenty of red states the next few decades/forever.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And I'm not in favor of long-term single-party control. At all.

You can find posts from me, on this website or a predecessor, worrying that the reaction to Trump would be so severe that the inevitable swinging-back of the pendulum would go completely overboard.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:45 am Fwiw i do not see Biden winning Texas. Biden team pulled advertising from there weeks ago signaling they knew they were dead in the water with Texas.
Again, what are you talking about?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 900472002/

They didn't pull advertising in Texas in recent weeks, they increased it.
Deleted User 310

Mjl wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:02 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:45 am Fwiw i do not see Biden winning Texas. Biden team pulled advertising from there weeks ago signaling they knew they were dead in the water with Texas.

My mistake, must have misheard that on the news. May have been trump pulling ads in certain states due to being strapped for cash. Probably got mixed up.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Mjl wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:02 am

That’s not what Fox News said!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 am

And I'm not in favor of long-term single-party control. At all.

You can find posts from me, on this website or a predecessor, worrying that the reaction to Trump would be so severe that the inevitable swinging-back of the pendulum would go completely overboard.
I completely agree.

I’ve said this before as well, I’m not really on ‘the left’. I lean left socially and lean right fiscally. Although I generally fine with whatever is best for the masses vs what’s best for me.

I like to be on the right side of history
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

As a matter off fact, Harris is campaigning personally in Texas along with guest celebrities. The higher the turnout the more likely Texas turns blue. There are already more Democrats. It was always about making voting too tough for them. The suppression strategies hurt the GOP more I wager this year. The military votes by mail in bulk and honestly, only the truly deluded form his base now.
Deleted User 310

Cascadia wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:20 am I lean left socially and lean right fiscally.
Same.

Although nowadays the right isn't all that fiscally responsible either....so not sure it can even be called "leaning right fiscally".
Deleted User 310

Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:22 am As a matter off fact, Harris is campaigning personally in Texas along with guest celebrities. The higher the turnout the more likely Texas turns blue. There are already more Democrats. It was always about making voting too tough for them. The suppression strategies hurt the GOP more I wager this year. The military votes by mail in bulk and honestly, only the truly deluded form his base now.
If they would stop having Cher lip sink I would be much happier.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I would much rather have Sonny Rollins
or Wynton, but they seem to aim for schmaltz.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:32 am
Cascadia wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:20 am I lean left socially and lean right fiscally.
Same.

Although nowadays the right isn't all that fiscally responsible either....so not sure it can even be called "leaning right fiscally".
The GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility...when a Democrat is in the White House.
Deleted User 310

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:38 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:32 am
Same.

The GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility...when a Democrat is in the White House.
For sure.