who ya got?

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: who ya got?

Post by ousdahl »

Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:36 am I would much rather have Sonny Rollins
or Wynton, but they seem to aim for schmaltz.
I think Sonny’s my fave tenor sax player.

Sorry, Trane.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Just listened to Sonny Side up this morning.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:56 pm
Grandma wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:29 pm
Walrus wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:21 pm They have proof he was with underage girls -- Trump was with of age prostitutes. Not the same comparison.

Of course, I'm not surprised you still support him, as it's consistent with the dogma you've shown.
You do understand Hunter Biden and Joe Biden are two different people. Right?
"They" is who/m? As reliable of a source as I would be if I were to run a story in the Daily Beast about how you fucked dogs and and 9 year old boys?

Yes, I still support JOE Biden.

Um... he is under investigation by the FBI. You going to tell me that is fake too? :lol:

You are right, he is not Joe, but I personally could not vote for someone who ruined his son's life. It's really, really sad and fucked up.
"Um" who is under investigation by the FBI? Hunter? Joe? DONALD? All 3 of them?
Ok, and?

Again, please forgive my ignorance. I am extremely interested to know how exactly JOE Biden ruined his son's life.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lobster’s a yuge Michael Moore fan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Another man after Lobster's heart.

Don't inject Lysol.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Time for predictions/SWAGs?

I say Biden is down end of Tuesday night with Wisconsin and Pennsylvania still undecided, but with Biden down a decent amount in both. Thursday he passes Trump in Wisconsin to seal the deal with this map (if PA ends up staying Trump)

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Michigan is going to Trump, as are Arizona and Wisconsin.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Just got back from early voting. I was surprised to see Kanye West on the ballot. I knew he was talking about running, but I never knew he made the ballot.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:59 pm Just got back from early voting. I was surprised to see Kanye West on the ballot. I knew he was talking about running, but I never knew he made the ballot.
He did in some states, including mine, but not all.
Deleted User 289

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:59 pm Just got back from early voting. I was surprised to see Kanye West on the ballot. I knew he was talking about running, but I never knew he made the ballot.
Thankfully he's not on the Illinois ballot. Not that it would really matter if he was.
He took out a two page ad in the New York Times that basically said if he's elected God, love, and Jesus will fix the country and the world.
Hey, he might be on to something.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:48 pm Time for predictions/SWAGs?

I say Biden is down end of Tuesday night with Wisconsin and Pennsylvania still undecided, but with Biden down a decent amount in both. Thursday he passes Trump in Wisconsin to seal the deal with this map (if PA ends up staying Trump)

I don't think it will end up being that close.

While the media is rightly not counting any chickens, the math is just too difficult for Trump.

If the polls are off as much as they were in 2016...then Biden would end up at 315 votes or something.

Trump effectively needs an inside straight; any pair, or perhaps even a good high card, would do it for Biden.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:56 pm
Mjl wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:48 pm Time for predictions/SWAGs?

I don't think it will end up being that close.

While the media is rightly not counting any chickens, the math is just too difficult for Trump.

If the polls are off as much as they were in 2016...then Biden would end up at 315 votes or something.

Trump effectively needs an inside straight; any pair, or perhaps even a good high card, would do it for Biden.
Take the quoted Biden win map above (with current 538 figures).

Thing that went Biden's way: Arizona (B +3.1), Wisconsin (B +8.6), Michigan (B +8.9)

Things that went Trump's way: Iowa (B +0.3), Ohio (T +0.9), Pennsylvania (B +5.2), North Carolina (B +2.2), Florida (B +2.2), Georgia (B +1.6), Texas (T +1.2)

So, in a map where Biden wins, Trump wins every single thing within the margin of error, and also Pennsylvania?

That's just...very very uphill.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I generally think we’re more likely to see a red state turn blue, than the other way around.

But here’s one for ya:

How bad does Trump loose the popular vote either way??
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:42 pm I generally think we’re more likely to see a red state turn blue, than the other way around.

But here’s one for ya:

How bad does Trump loose the popular vote either way??
I’d bet the over all the way up to 8M
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Radical idea time:

Maybe we should just split into 2 totally seperate countries? The differences between the always red and always blue states is so great that we will never be a unified country ever again. Just peacefully do a split and let the people go where they feel they fit in best. Call it a day.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:03 pm Radical idea time:

Maybe we should just split into 2 totally seperate countries? The differences between the always red and always blue states is so great that we will never be a unified country ever again. Just peacefully do a split and let the people go where they feel they fit in best. Call it a day.
I suggest you go visit a map of which states are net payers, and which states are net takers. That arrangement would not work out so well, on the balance, for red states.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:06 pm

I suggest you go visit a map of which states are net payers, and which states are net takers. That arrangement would not work out so well, on the balance, for red states.
No doubt. But it is what it is.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I'm not against this, but all the blue states would be broke.
Deleted User 289

Walrus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:23 pm

I'm not against this, but all the blue states would be broke.
I'm trying really hard to be nice.
What the fuck?
Are you both being serious?
Might be time to put away your weed and crack and step away from the device that you are posting on.
This is going to lead to people like me saying - Well, "maybe we should just" blow up DC, kill all politicians, and become an anarchist country.

P.S. Here is a somewhat interesting fact.
In my life time Alaska, Idaho, Kansas, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming are the only states that went red each Presidential Election.
D.C. isn't a state but it is the ONLY place that went blue each Presidential Election.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.