Kenosha

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Kenosha

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:33 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:18 pm According to that Vice article, that dude was all paranoid the right wingers had a hit out and were hunting him, and were working with LEO so much so that he couldn’t go to cops about it?

He also claims he was acting in self-defense.

Unfortunately, he won’t get his day in court.

Who knows whether his paranoia was warranted, or whether he just self-fulfilled his own prophecy.

Either way, and regardless of whose “side” he was on, dude sounded too vigilante for his own good.
Come on man, you think the US Marshalls were "working with the right wingers" and acting as hitmen? That sounds so ridiculous. Talk about conspiracy theories.
Because it's so crazy for LEO to coordinate with right wing militants? How quickly we forget the actions that led to this thread being created.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:42 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:18 pm According to that Vice article, that dude was all paranoid the right wingers had a hit out and were hunting him, and were working with LEO so much so that he couldn’t go to cops about it?

Who knows whether his paranoia was warranted, or whether he just self-fulfilled his own prophecy.

Either way, and regardless of whose “side” he was on, dude sounded too vigilante for his own good.
Come on man, you think the US Marshalls were "working with the right wingers" and acting as hitmen? That sounds so ridiculous. Talk about conspiracy theories.
Because it's so crazy for LEO to coordinate with right wing militants? How quickly we forget the actions that led to this thread being created.
Wow. You guys are nuts. This thread was created because a stupid 17 year old with a gun decided to kill 2 people. He wasn't operating "with" law enforcement or at the "direction" of law enforcement.

And comparing US Marshalls with local police officers is fucking laughable. No wonder so many on the right think some of you are so anti cop. What you are accusing law enforcement officers of with no evidence other than a vice article is ridiculous.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I don’t mean to peddle in conspiracy theories.

That’s why I said, “Who knows whether his paranoia was warranted, or whether he just self-fulfilled his own prophecy...”

It was awful dumb of him to pull a fucking gun when surrounded by US Marshalls.

But, short of actually saying dude’s paranoia was warranted, considering law enforcement has been cozy with right wing racists since THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF LAW ENFORCEMENT IN MERICA, I don’t think it’s necessary a conspiracy to suggest LEO and these right wing vigilantes might have more in common than anyone wants to admit.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

there are historians that posit that law enforcement has its roots in racism, with the formation of “posses” tasked with “rounding up” escaped slaves
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah.

Many modern police departments started as “slave patrols”
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:50 pm there are historians that posit that law enforcement has its roots in racism, with the formation of “posses” tasked with “rounding up” escaped slaves
I think that is true from what i have read.

That is not what happened in this scenario. The guy pulled a gun on US Marshalls. The US Mashalls were not acting as hitmen for anti BLM protestors. Saying things that insinuate otherwise (or even pretend there is a chance that is what was occuring), with no evidence other than a crazy guy's conspiracy theory, is reckless/dangerous/stupid.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:44 pm

I don’t mean to peddle in conspiracy theories.

That’s why I said, “Who knows whether his paranoia was warranted, or whether he just self-fulfilled his own prophecy...”

It was awful dumb of him to pull a fucking gun when surrounded by US Marshalls.

But, short of actually saying dude’s paranoia was warranted, considering law enforcement has been cozy with right wing racists since THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF LAW ENFORCEMENT IN MERICA, I don’t think it’s necessary a conspiracy to suggest LEO and these right wing vigilantes might have more in common than anyone wants to admit.
Well back in the day the racists were left wing....but yeah....glad to see you are fully bought into "all/most cops are racist". JFC.

I think i will bow out of this one. I can't believe we are actually acting it is even a possibility in this scenario.

He was white. He killed a person. He pulled a gun on US Marshalls.

US Marshalls are not local law enforcement. These guys are well trained. It is not an easy job to obtain, unlike being a local cop (in many instances).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:42 pm
Wow. You guys are nuts. This thread was created because a stupid 17 year old with a gun decided to kill 2 people. He wasn't operating "with" law enforcement or at the "direction" of law enforcement.

And comparing US Marshalls with local police officers is fucking laughable. No wonder so many on the right think some of you are so anti cop. What you are accusing law enforcement officers of with no evidence other than a vice article is ridiculous.
Who is comparing US Marshals to local cops? What are you talking about?

The fact of the matter is that we have no clue what happened out there. For allI know, the guy was seriously mentally imbalanced. Or maybe he was the most sane person on the planet. No clue.

I point out that the arrest was being made by the US Marshals right after Trump made the comments along the line of "you just wait and see what we're about to do" because I remember that the federal officers that were roaming the streets of Portland kidnapping possible protesters were also primarily US Marshals officers.

If you think this was just some random group of Marshals out of the local Portland office, you're a sucker. What line would Trump and Barr not cross? Seriously. Try to name one and not laugh.
Deleted User 310

My lord. You are totally incoherent.

Who is comparing US Marshalls with local cops? You were. Do you not even remember what you have said?...
twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:42 pm Because it's so crazy for LEO to coordinate with right wing militants? How quickly we forget the actions that led to this thread being created.
🤔🤔🤔

Back to the Chiefs game.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:19 pm My lord. You are totally incoherent.

Who is comparing US Marshalls with local cops? You were. Do you not even remember what you have said?...
twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:42 pm Because it's so crazy for LEO to coordinate with right wing militants? How quickly we forget the actions that led to this thread being created.
🤔🤔🤔

Back to the Chiefs game.
Eh, that's kind of a stretch there, man. But if you want to call that "comparing" then so be it.

Go Chiefs!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

As expected Rittenhouse lied about his age and capacity according to a someone who was in his group:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/202 ... articipant
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Another hit piece on a minor. Disgusting. The media should be ashamed, but I know they don't care about who they try to ruin.

The truth is, that kid showed more poise than most men (especially here) will show their entire life. It was absolutely amazing he could keep himself that cool in a situation like that, and even managed to disarm someone who tried to murder him.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:36 am Another hit piece on a minor. Disgusting. The media should be ashamed, but I know they don't care about who they try to ruin.

The truth is, that kid showed more poise than most men (especially here) will show their entire life. It was absolutely amazing he could keep himself that cool in a situation like that, and even managed to disarm someone who tried to murder him.
Michael Edison Hayden is a writer but the Southern Poverty Law Center is not the "media".
The "media" should try and ruin those who deserve ruining. Should they not?

"The truth is", the 17 year old kid wanted to feel important.
He showed up somewhere he probably didn't really belong (but felt he did) - with a gun. Why?
To protect/defend?
How did that work out for him - and those he shot and killed? Not too well.
Game over for all of them.
You find it "absolutely amazing he could keep himself that cool in a situation like that".
I and most sane people feel he hardly kept himself cool. The kid shot someone and then fucking panicked when people tried to stop him from shooting others. I don't fault him for panicking. I do fault him for ruing HIS life - and other's lives.

"The truth is", you're often a complete asshat who has either proven to be brainwashed conspiracy nut or you're purposely just trying to fuck with people.
You come on this site to spew your narish knowing full well that you are agitating people to the point of their feeling you are unbearable and making them feel the need to leave this site - and you get off on it.
I have a perfect alias for you. It's a tribute to two people you seemingly idolize. I'm going to refer to you as Kyle Owens from now on.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Walrus wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:36 am Another hit piece on a minor. Disgusting. The media should be ashamed, but I know they don't care about who they try to ruin.

Here is your post, edited to be at least within a few standard deviations of honest:
Another account that does not support my worldview. Disgusting. The media should be ashamed, but I know they don't care about whose reputation is ruined by reporting of facts.

The truth is, that kid showed more recklessness than most men (especially here) will show their entire life, by intentionally inserting his armed self into a confrontation in which he had no place. It was absolutely foreseeable that he would not keep his cool in a situation like that, and murdered people.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Question: Why do we continue to engage with the dumbest dumbfuck from Dumbfuckville?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Poise? He shot three people.

I will never need to show this type of "poise" because I would never put myself in this type of situation. You dont get credit for handling a hard situation poorly when you intentionally injected yourself into it in the first place.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Leawood wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:57 am Question: Why do we continue to engage with the dumbest dumbfuck from Dumbfuckville?
For the same reason that people keep asking this question.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Leawood wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:57 am Question: Why do we continue to engage with the dumbest dumbfuck from Dumbfuckville?
because on some level we suspect it may be art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rqSoP9Kbqc
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

This pretty much seals the deal and clears the kid. How hilarious that some people were trying to paint him as a "white supremacist".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4dhPM9 ... 1600888128
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."