NFL Regular Season

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: NFL Regular Season

Post by Sparko »

Alex has won every game he started? Washington has a great defense. Never know. Henry deserves the MVP based on his year. Rodgers cries about no respect, but he has a run threat that allows him to throw. Tough year will probably end with a COVID asterisk sitting major weapons.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:42 pm NFC schedule sucks next weekend.
Chicago at NO
Rams at Seahawks
Bucs at NFC East.

AFC in the other hand is reallllly good.
Indy at Buffalo
Ravens at Titans
Browns at Steelers

NFC isn't too interesting to me (and probably most casual NFL fans who are not fans of any of the teams playing) either - "on paper" but then I realize the games might actually be pretty good based on....

Bears / Saints - had an overtime game during the season.
Rams / Seahawks - split their 2 games.
Buccs / Football Team - Only above .500 team the Buccs beat were the Packers. Football team beat the Steelers when the Steelers were 11-0.

My worthless predictions
Saints win by 17. Although, the Bears will hopefully/probably get THREE important DB back who didn't play the past couple of games. It will help them a lot.
Rams with Goff win by 14 / Rams without Goff win by 3.
Buccs win by 14.

AFC is very interesting to me - "on paper".

My worthless predictions
Bills win by 10.
Titans win by 8.
Steelers win by 7.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:49 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:42 pm NFC schedule sucks next weekend.
Chicago at NO
Rams at Seahawks
Bucs at NFC East.

AFC in the other hand is reallllly good.
Indy at Buffalo
Ravens at Titans
Browns at Steelers

NFC isn't too interesting to me (and probably most casual NFL fans who are not fans of any of the teams playing) either - "on paper" but then I realize the games might actually be pretty good based on....

Bears / Saints - had an overtime game during the season.
Rams / Seahawks - split their 2 games.
Buccs / Football Team - Only above .500 team the Buccs beat were the Packers. Football team beat the Steelers when the Steelers were 11-0.

My worthless predictions
Saints win by 17. Although, the Bears will hopefully/probably get THREE important DB back who didn't play the past couple of games. It will help them a lot.
Rams with Goff win by 14 / Rams without Goff win by 3.
Buccs win by 14.

AFC is very interesting to me - "on paper".

My worthless predictions
Bills win by 10.
Titans win by 8.
Steelers win by 7.
Man, I don't agree with you at all on the Rams prediction.

Here's my prediction..

Saints by 13. They're too good in the dome on their fast track.
Seahawks by 9. Don't trust Rams at all.
Bucs by 7. I think the WFT pass rush gives Brady fits, but Bucs do just enough.

Bills by 16. Phillip Rivers in Buffalo in January. Nah.
Ravens by 4. Revenge game from last year. Titans defense is worse. Ravens do just enough.
Browns by 4. Browns had all the pressure on them yesterday while Steelers played freely. Now the Browns can play free while Steelers will feel the pressure.

Next weekend would be

Bucs at Packers
Seahawks at Saints

Browns at Chiefs
Ravens at Bills
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Newton.......

We are in agreement about the Saints. I just don't see how the Bears beat them.

You're probably going to be a lot closer to being right about the Seahawks/Rams than I am.
I guess maybe I am brainwashed in to thinking the Rams defense is better than they are - and that they are on a high as a team right now.
I forgot that the Seahawks just beat the Rams just a few weeks ago.

I laugh about Brady after watching Chase Young walking off the field yesterday.
https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-s-c ... i-want-tom

Bills are playing great football right now. I don't count out the Colts but I think the Bills are simply the better team.

Only reason/s why I picked the Titans is because Henry has already proven that he can run through the Ravens defense and Lamar Jackson struggled with the Titans defense. I would never bet substantial money on the Titans to beat the Ravens but if I had to wager on the game I would take the Titans plus the 3.5 that they are/were getting.

I hope you're right about the Browns. I usually like the Steelers but I am tired of them.
Reason why I said Steelers by 7 is because the Steelers had no problem kicking the Browns ass/es back in October. I think the Browns are better and the Steelers are worse now but not enough that the Steelers lose the game.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Doug Pederson is out as Eagles coach.

Wow.

He's barely over .500 due to a bad year this year, but still surprising considering they went to the playoffs in 3 out of the 5 years and won Philly's first SB ever after being there only twice before.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

You have to think Matt Nagy may also be on the way out. When the Chiefs lose EB and maybe Kaftka does Andy give a call to his old buddies to fill open positions? I have a hard time imagining either Nagy or Pederson will be hot commodities for open HC positions next year.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:03 pm Doug Pederson is out as Eagles coach.

Wow.

He's barely over .500 due to a bad year this year, but still surprising considering they went to the playoffs in 3 out of the 5 years and won Philly's first SB ever after being there only twice before.
The way he handled the 4th quarter in the final game really sunk him ( though it was, in a vacuum, probably the right call for the future of the team ).
Add that to a regression by Wentz and maybe just general player disdain.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:17 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:03 pm Doug Pederson is out as Eagles coach.

Wow.

The way he handled the 4th quarter in the final game really sunk him ( though it was, in a vacuum, probably the right call for the future of the team ).
Add that to a regression by Wentz and maybe just general player disdain.
So I think one of 2 things happened. Pederson was told to tank, he didn't want to, but he reluctantly did so and made it super obvious. Or he wanted to tank, Eagles front office told him no way, but he still did it.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Urban all but official as Jags Head Coach.

Interesting for sure.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

This is fantastic news for the Fox Sports college football studio shows.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Jags, Dolphins, and Chargers fans all have to be pretty excited right now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Urban Meyer.
Trevor Lawrence.
Showtime.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also the Jags have a bunch of draft picks this year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Clyde Edwards Helaire was downgraded to DNP.
We may be down CEH and Sammy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bye Phillip Rivers.
I'll remember sitting at the bar at Bambino's, having a couple beers, and watching you at NC State tear us Jayhawks apart in some rando bowl game.

Lots and lots of games v the Chiefs.
I'll remember freezing my butt off to watch the Chiefs beat you without Alex Smith in a season finale which eliminated you from the playoffs - in which you got sacked 7 times.
I'll remember you struggling much of the time in Arrowhead but also that one time the officials decided to ignore what pass interference was and allowed you to beat the Chiefs.

Good run.
No Super Bowls but a solid career.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Brees, Rivers. Maybe Ben too.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

End of an era with Brees and Rivers. Also fun that they were teammates for a couple of years.

But Brees, Rivers and Big Ben (Likely) all gone. Brady will be gone within a couple of years. Rodgers maybe has a few years to go..

Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Watson, Lawrence, Herbert and Murray will be the new guard. And every one of them but one are in the AFC. Wow.

Much like the 2000s when it was Rivers, Brady, Manning and Big Ben battling every single year.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I would add Wilson and Dak* staying relevant. Hurts/Tua/Mayfield - perhaps one of those stick.

Watson to the NFC is now not a complete long shot. Maybe Luck comes back and goes to the less QB-loaded NFC.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we are mentioning Tua or Hurts, I wouldn't write off Joe Burrow either.