Deleted User 89

Re: Violence

Post by Deleted User 89 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:25 am And I quote:

Then: “we can not begin the heal as long as dt is our president”

Now: “we can not begin the heal because dt is our last president”

Why am I surprised.
who are you quoting? and from when?

and in your fake, manufactured quote, you at least got one thing right...BEGIN to heal. that process starts, as Japhy said, by practicing accountability
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:26 am I'll just go on record as saying I'm not interested in healing and unity. You trumpers can fuck off and die, you're the worst people on the planet.
Right. Healing and unity will come from: (1) the Biden administration and the D-controlled legislature simply doing their jobs, and (2) the GOP coming to grips with, and admitting without qualification, that it nearly toppled our entire system of government.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 am
and you wanna talk about healing and coming together? NOBODY assumed or said that Biden can do it all by himself
Meaningful, long lasting heal has to happen at the grassroots level. So far I have seen none of that. Just more of the same hateful rhetoric by the same people spewing their hate.

So much for new beginnings.
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:31 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 am
and you wanna talk about healing and coming together? NOBODY assumed or said that Biden can do it all by himself
Meaningful, long lasting heal has to happen at the grassroots level. So far I have seen none of that. Just more of the same hateful rhetoric by the same people spewing their hate.

So much for new beginnings.
answer my question...who were you quoting, and from when?
Deleted User 89

mich is going full lobs

doesn’t like reality and facts, so just decides to make up his own

how do you expect anyone to take you, or your viewpoint seriously when you just make shit up?
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think people need to come to the table with why Trump voters feel the way they do without immediately labeling them. There can't be 75 million people as trashy as some here make them out to be.

Like I said before, if you voted for Trump, you should be ashamed in yourself, because he as an individual was dangerously narcissistic but I certainly don't think you should die. But the solve here takes verbalizing what are the major issues that led you to vote for Trump - and it will take pushing emotion/animosity out of the conversation - and as triggering as this word is here, from BOTH sides.
Deleted User 89

it’ll take trump supporters embracing reality and fact

mich, i’m waiting
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:34 am I think people need to come to the table with why Trump voters feel the way they do without immediately labeling them. There can't be 75 million people as trashy as some here make them out to be.

Like I said before, if you voted for Trump, you should be ashamed in yourself, because he as an individual was dangerously narcissistic but I certainly don't think you should die. But the solve here takes verbalizing what are the major issues that led you to vote for Trump - and it will take pushing emotion/animosity out of the conversation - and as triggering as this word is here, from BOTH sides.
The problem is, not even a meaningful fraction of that 75 million will admit out loud what is really and truly the animating force of the GOP.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:36 am it’ll take trump supporters embracing reality and fact

mich, i’m waiting

But they won't. Most are Christians who believe if they say they're sorry, they're forgiven. And that's exactly what they want here. Two words (I'm Sorry) to erase 4 years of transgressions.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:34 am I think people need to come to the table with why Trump voters feel the way they do without immediately labeling them. There can't be 75 million people as trashy as some here make them out to be.

They voted for Trump because they were made the liberals put a black man in the white house.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:44 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:36 am it’ll take trump supporters embracing reality and fact

mich, i’m waiting

But they won't. Most are Christians who believe if they say they're sorry, they're forgiven. And that's exactly what they want here. Two words (I'm Sorry) to erase 4 years of transgressions.
You'll be lucky to get even that from even half of them.
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:25 am And I quote:

Then: “we can not begin the heal as long as dt is our president”

Now: “we can not begin the heal because dt is our last president”

Why am I surprised.
c’mon, mich...who were you quoting?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:45 am

They voted for Trump because they were made the liberals put a black man in the white house.
No.
This is dumb.
And is one reason why the divide will grow.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:51 am

No.
This is dumb.
You're delusional and it's well documented. You take great joy in being on the wrong side of history.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

No.
This is dumb.
To your point, at least a sizable portion of them voted for Trump because they didn't want to put a woman in the White House.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:54 am

No.
This is dumb.
To your point, at least a sizable portion of them voted for Trump because they didn't want to put a woman in the White House.
Yep, that too.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

To your point, at least a sizable portion voted for dt because they didn’t want to put hc in the White House.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

No.
This is dumb.
Um, it was actually quite a big reason, honestly. Trump riled up a base that was deep and wide, but mostly silent. Once he got them going, it was honestly quite obvious that people were mad that a person of color was in charge of them.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

No.
This is dumb.
it may not be true for all of them, but for pretend that sentiment wasn’t there for a non-insignificant portion
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:57 am To your point, at least a sizable portion voted for dt because they didn’t want to put hc in the White House.
c’mon, mich...where was that quote from?