2022-2023 Lineup

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 2022-2023 Lineup

Post by ousdahl »

didn't Illy hot take the other day that Dajuan would be our leading scorer? Or was it our clutch bucket guy?

cuz I talked to my dad and he started ranting about how that dude went like over a month straight or whatever without shooting a free throw.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:41 am didn't Illy hot take the other day that Dajuan would be our leading scorer? Or was it our clutch bucket guy?

cuz I talked to my dad and he started ranting about how that dude went like over a month straight or whatever without shooting a free throw.
Not our leading scorer.

But down 1 or 2, wouldn't be totally unrealistic to draw up a play where 1 of the options within the play is DH getting to the basket.

Not sure if you remember or not, but it happened a time or 2 last year in late game situations. Worked some. Didn't work some. Iirc.

My "hot take" was that I wouldn't be shocked if Clemence was our leading scorer...but that was prior to JW announcing he was coming back.

Pretty much a lock JW is our leading scorer.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I am hoping that Gradey Dick is our leading scorer. I just don't think Wilson is a good enough shooter to be that guy; he got so many of his points cleaning up McCormack's missed bunnies. But maybe the feedback from the NBA Draft process gets Wilson into the gym early and often and he improves his shot percentage and he also avoids any legal entanglements that result in him starting the season out of sorts and ice cold. Fingers crossed.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wilson is a career 11ppg guy. He's also a career 29% 3pt shooter, and not the most consistent finisher on drives, so that means much of his scoring comes just from garbage buckets.

If he can bump up his fg% numbers on set offensive plays as an upperclassman leader and more of a featured part of the offense, while also getting putbacks off boreds and such, he could be in the 15+

but maybe he's a career utility guy, and still won't necessarily get a ton of set looks in the offense.

either way, he's a 4th year player, returning starter, and leading returning scorer and rebounder. Ya gotta figure he's gonna play a big role.
Deleted User 863

14ppg might lead our team in scoring next year. That's totally realistic for JW.

I guess I "hope" Gradey is our leading scorer too. I am just hesitant to expect huge numbers out of a freshman ranked in the mid 20s.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:32 pm he's a 4th year player
Kinda.
He broke his ankle in the 2nd game of his '1st' season.
Then was out for the rest of it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah.

Not a full four years of playing experience, but at least his fourth year at the D1 level, and all in our program.

"Medical-Redshirt Junior" would be the term
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:47 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:41 am didn't Illy hot take the other day that Dajuan would be our leading scorer? Or was it our clutch bucket guy?

Not our leading scorer.

But down 1 or 2, wouldn't be totally unrealistic to draw up a play where 1 of the options within the play is DH getting to the basket.

Not sure if you remember or not, but it happened a time or 2 last year in late game situations. Worked some. Didn't work some. Iirc.

My "hot take" was that I wouldn't be shocked if Clemence was our leading scorer...but that was prior to JW announcing he was coming back.

Pretty much a lock JW is our leading scorer.
at least 1, against Iowa St. But it wasn't the way the play was drawn. It just happened that he ended up with it. Or at least thats how he and Bill explained it.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Very, very curious as to how McCullar develops in Self's system. He's a great defender and a weird shaped match up guy so he will definitely be able to switch 1-5 on defense and create some mismatches on offense. If he turns out to be solid then KU is going to be a contender again next season.
Deleted User 863

KU is a contender whether McCullar plays or not.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

do you think the ncaa will let us play in the postseason next year.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, if they DON'T let us play next postseason, then that means they wanted to bring the hammer down on the reigning national champs, led by thee top shelf best active coach in the game, as the greater narrative shifts to stories like "dook hires former Nike bag girl as GM"

that's not to say the NCAA wouldn't. But it's just to say that, if they did, then they must be trying to outcompete themselves for biggest egg-on-face moments in sports history.
Deleted User 863

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:27 am do you think the ncaa will let us play in the postseason next year.
Yes.

Maybe Self doesn't get to coach, but punishing our new players doesn't seem fair. Not that fair matters. But I don't think it'll happen.

I do expect that eventually Self and KT have to sit. Not sure when it'll be.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:32 am I mean, if they DON'T let us play next postseason, then that means they wanted to bring the hammer down on the reigning national champs, led by thee top shelf best active coach in the game, as the greater narrative shifts to stories like "dook hires former Nike bag girl as GM"

that's not to say the NCAA wouldn't. But it's just to say that, if they did, then they must be trying to outcompete themselves for biggest egg-on-face moments in sports history.
Duke hiring the former Nike employee isn't against the rules.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

no, it's not!

but, it is a testament to just how much things have changed in the NCAA landscape.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:27 am do you think the ncaa will let us play in the postseason next year.
The NCAA is not involved in that decision any more. Our punishment is in the hands of the IARP, which is not part of the NCAA.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:13 pm
The NCAA is not involved in that decision any more. Our punishment is in the hands of the IARP, which is not part of the NCAA.
Ha.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/infrac ... tSheet.pdf
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:24 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:13 pm
Ha.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/infrac ... tSheet.pdf
INDEPENDENT
RESOLUTION PANEL

Members: 15 members
with legal, higher education
and/or sports backgrounds
who are not affiliated with
NCAA member schools or
conferences. Each case will
be handled by a panel of five
of the 15 members.
• Reviews allegations from
the Complex Case Unit and
the school’s response to
those allegations.
• Oversees the case hearing
and decides penalties.
• If appropriate, expands upon
allegations presented by the
Complex Case Unit.

As I stated, the NCAA will not be doling out the punishment for Kansas' case.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

They also stated in late April 2021 that decisions on all 6 remaining cases ) Kansas, Memphis, North Carolina State, Arizona, LSU and Louisville) would be finished within the next 12 months. To my knowledge, only NC State has had their case resolutions announced and it has been nearly 14 months.