March Madness 2022

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: March Madness 2022

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I somehow missed that Denzel Valentine’s older brother is the coach at Loyola. I thought it was Denzel and did a double take.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:41 am OMG OMG OMG

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 19754.html
[Cal's] Opening statement: “Sad day. Not just we lose a game. It’s that this season ended with this group and how much joy they brought to me and our staff. And I’ll just say one thing; that you have an eight-point lead, and I’m a guy that’s been through a lot of these, you have an eight-point lead with three minutes to go, you win the game.

“So I really don’t need to know, well, this guy did that and that guy did this and this and this and this. We had an eight-point lead with three-some to go. I’m not taking away from Saint Peter’s. They deserved to win the game. They fought the entire time.

“But that’s how I feel about it; that, you know, these guys put us in a position to win the game. Let’s finish it off.”
Your honor, may I introduce into the motherfucking evidence, the following motherfucking Exhibit 1-A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3sy0oHP3LI
poor, poor cal
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

[Cal's] Opening statement: “Sad day. Not just we lose a game. It’s that this season ended with this group and how much joy they brought to me and our staff. And I’ll just say one thing; that you have an eight-point lead, and I’m a guy that’s been through a lot of these, you have an eight-point lead with three minutes to go, you win the game.

“So I really don’t need to know, well, this guy did that and that guy did this and this and this and this. We had an eight-point lead with three-some to go. I’m not taking away from Saint Peter’s. They deserved to win the game. They fought the entire time.

“But that’s how I feel about it; that, you know, these guys put us in a position to win the game. Let’s finish it off.”
Your honor, may I introduce into the motherfucking evidence, the following motherfucking Exhibit 1-A.

More:
“And you know, even in time-outs, I was trying to do that, and — but we made, up eight, you know, we just didn’t do the things we normally have done. But I come back to, when you’re up eight with three minutes to go, you figure out how to win the game. That’s your job as a coach.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:39 am that’s super cool, Wiff

thanks
totally. really cool. also, indiana just can't find a quality coach. that was my takeaway somehow, lol.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:47 am

More:
“And you know, even in time-outs, I was trying to do that, and — but we made, up eight, you know, we just didn’t do the things we normally have done. But I come back to, when you’re up eight with three minutes to go, you figure out how to win the game. That’s your job as a coach.
this is exactly why i thought putting the starters back in after their 8-0 run last night was the right call. none of us want to be having the cal conversation the day after blowing something like that. what's worse: don't put the starters back in and we end up losing, or putting them back in and one gets injured?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

hoopla wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:27 pm

More:
this is exactly why i thought putting the starters back in after their 8-0 run last night was the right call. none of us want to be having the cal conversation the day after blowing something like that. what's worse: don't put the starters back in and we end up losing, or putting them back in and one gets injured?
Also, if you don't put then in there it's even harder to do it 5 minutes later with a smaller lead.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

More:
I’m missing something here. The last time we were up by less than 20 was…?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, I think when TXSO went on their little run, the closest they got was 21 right before the TO and subbing starters back in. That was only concerning to Vegas.

No W/L concern, but I still agree with Self putting them back in for messaging.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

Wiff wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:35 am Fyi, there is a twitter account dedicated to the all-time wins race you can follow.

https://twitter.com/NCAAalltimeWins/sta ... GLOaiXXNgA
Blue bloods
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Big XII is destroying teams
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I have Montana State +30.5. In a tournament game. And am very worried I don't cover.

Tech shooting 70% overall and 64% from 3. Another And 1.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:55 pm

More:

by all indications that would have been about 15 seconds after the starters were subbed back in. that 8 point run didn't take 45 seconds off the clock.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:29 pm I have Montana State +30.5. In a tournament game. And am very worried I don't cover.

Tech shooting 70% overall and 64% from 3. Another And 1.
b12 representin' so far. more than 30-point average margin of victory. we'll see if IA state can keep pace.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:55 pm

More:

We went from like up 33 to up 21.

I'm fine with how Self played it.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Turns out what we needed to beat USC was Charlie Moore.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Today's games suck ass so far. Hopefully all of this is reserving drama for a truly ignominious end to K's career.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Great vocabulary, fish.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:11 pm Great vocabulary, fish.
Sorry, sorry...today's games are not enjoyable so far...
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Actually, I was precisely referring to “suck ass,” so nm.

Now gimme back my crimbucks.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

love to old gangster-esque coach at the commentary desk
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?