serve and protect

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: serve and protect

Post by MICHHAWK »

with information comes great responsibility.

just so long as the people burn and loot and destroy their own neighbors and neighborhood.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

should a former president that broke the law not be charged simply because he and his looser followers threaten violence?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:27 am with information comes great responsibility.

just so long as the people burn and loot and destroy their own neighbors and neighborhood.
Are you going to take your Back the Blue Flag down or leave it up and just deflect all issues related to this latest slaughter?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ah fuck, this was in recent topics and didn't realize it was on the Pols board. Later gators.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:16 am Friday night seems like not great timing...
I was thinking the same thing.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:50 am
TDub wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:16 am Friday night seems like not great timing...
I was thinking the same thing.
Depending on where they feel the "destruction" will take place, Friday night may actually be preferable. Also, possibly/potentially/probably(?) less police/law enforcement at risk.
Never mind. WTF do I know? I'm just a moron who sits at a desk in an office most of the day on Friday/s while 90 to 95% of my co-workers are "working from home".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why would there be less risk to LEOs, or property for that matter?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Should the attack by the Memphis police on Tyre Nichols be considered considered a hate crime, or in the end does it really matter? I guess it would be an aggravating factor if the prosecution decided to go for the death penalty.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I'm not trying to be dense - but why does race keep getting brought up with this situation? Are people suggesting the black cops were racist against blacks?

If those cops were white there would be some real shit going down right now
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:07 pm I'm not trying to be dense - but why does race keep getting brought up with this situation? Are people suggesting the black cops were racist against blacks?

If those cops were white there would be some real shit going down right now
You don't have to be white to be a cop that was trained that young black males are most likely criminals looking to prevent you from making it home safe to your family. It's a systemic racism issue, not a personal racism issue. I think the two things are radically different.

But I just see this as more of an abuse of power issue rather than a race issue. You have to be a sick mother fucker to even stand near that without taking action, let alone to actively participate in it. This wasn't a young man who was found abusing a child or a woman. It was just some guy in a traffic stop. The level of moral depravity is disgusting.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Or was it “just” some guy in a traffic stop?

Which to say - any word on the prior relationship rumors?

It just seems like an awful lot of aggression for a situation in which even the police chief came out and said there was no probable cause to execute a traffic stop in the first place.

But police aggression in itself really isn’t enough to suggest there was any such prior relationship, once you consider that for many cops, there’s simply no such thing as too much aggression.

And here’s your reminder that it’s always been that way too. The only difference is not that there’s more brutality now, so much as it’s just that it’s caught on video more.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:49 pm Or was it “just” some guy in a traffic stop?

Which to say - any word on the prior relationship rumors?

It just seems like an awful lot of aggression for a situation in which even the police chief came out and said there was no probable cause to execute a traffic stop in the first place.

But police aggression in itself really isn’t enough to suggest there was any such prior relationship, once you consider that for many cops, there’s simply no such thing as too much aggression.

And here’s your reminder that it’s always been that way too. The only difference is not that there’s more brutality now, so much as it’s just that it’s caught on video more.
There has to be more to it. Memphis PD seems very eager to cut this cancer loose so if there is any documented proof of prior relationship or interaction, I hope they find it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It pretty accurately states what I believe is happening in LE training. "More training" doesn't mean jack shit if you follow it up with "do what you have to do to get home at night and we'll help you cover anything bad up".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RIP

Dude literally tried to flee running on his stumps

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/stat ... EXWyVEWglA
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:22 pm RIP

Dude literally tried to flee running on his stumps

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/stat ... EXWyVEWglA
"Fearful for their lives" from this...

https://twitter.com/WaFlo998/status/1619367585744822272

Put those cops in the general population at a major prison and show that video at lunch every day for a month so they can learn what being fearful for their lives actually feels like.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea, I guess cops were afraid he might throw the knife.

and because he had a knife, those cops will prob get nothing more out of this than a paid vacation, absurdity of the situation be damned.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

There's only one person fearing for their life in that video.
Defense. Rebounds.