Kansas Football 2023 Season

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Kansas Football 2023 Season

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

What odds could I have gotten before the season started that on 10/29 KU would be ranked ahead of all 3 of these teams USC, Clemson, and TCU?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
surly

Post by surly »

better not shiz the brits in ames and ruin the horizon.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

surly wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:28 pm better not shiz the brits in ames and ruin the horizon.
Go away.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

surly wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:28 pm better not shiz the brits in ames and ruin the horizon.
Have fun in Austin next week
surly

Post by surly »

Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:38 pm
Have fun in Austin next week
can't wait.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

"shiz the brits"? Nah. The brits tried to shiz the D O double G but the Queen showed him some love.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hIiqYcJO5eM
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A big part of KU's struggles in Austin was the oppressive heat. Kansas won there in the late season. I actually think KSU will win. Ewers not great to begin with, sorry Kiper, and they are now run heavy with him out.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We actually, in a probably not realistic scenario but sayin' there's a chance scenario, we want ksu to beat Texas.

Oklahoma and OSU play each other so you might actually want OU to loose that one too -- but OSU loosing it wouldn't be so bad.*

If that happens, and we sneak by with a W in Ames, KU would be in a very shaky but still drivable drivers seat.

*actually looking at OSU's schedule, I think you want OU to loose this one, because we'd have the tiebreaker
surly

Post by surly »

a lot of cats, including our parish priest in his homely, were rooting for ku to beat ou. he said all kansans were raised to root against oklahoma, even k-state grads like him.

i have j'hawks beating ames and oSu over ou because i just don't believe ou is good enough to stop gordon.

this could be setting up an epic sunflower showdown. it will be a hoot if playing for the ccg. but k-state has to win in austin for it to materially matter in lawrence.

oSu is almost a shoe-in if they beat sooners because they end with three newcomers.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If both OSU and Texas win this weekend, it's likely going to be them in the B12 championship.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

surly wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:34 pm a lot of cats, including our parish priest in his homely, were rooting for ku to beat ou. he said all kansans were raised to root against oklahoma, even k-state grads like him.

i have j'hawks beating ames and oSu over ou because i just don't believe ou is good enough to stop gordon.

this could be setting up an epic sunflower showdown. it will be a hoot if playing for the ccg. but k-state has to win in austin for it to materially matter in lawrence.

oSu is almost a shoe-in if they beat sooners because they end with three newcomers.

I kinda like this post. I shall let this stand.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Bean taking 1st team snaps again this week in practice...sounds like JD6 will again be a scratch for the game in Ames.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

At this point, i'm more confident that Daniels won't play a game rest of season than will.

Bean got us to six.
It'd be sweet if he got us to two more.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I didn't watch the game over the weekend live, but trying to watch it now. I found a 'part one' on youtube. Hope there is more when this is done.
surly

Post by surly »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:11 am At this point, i'm more confident that Daniels won't play a game rest of season than will.

Bean got us to six.
b12 radio this morning said daniels was sitting it out so he could play next year for the highest nil bidder. i have no clue where they get their info but ari temkin is a ku grad.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

surly wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:07 am
pdub wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:11 am At this point, i'm more confident that Daniels won't play a game rest of season than will.

Bean got us to six.
b12 radio this morning said daniels was sitting it out so he could play next year for the highest nil bidder. i have no clue where they get their info but ari temkin is a ku grad.
This thought process makes the most sense, especially if JD6 isn't a guaranteed NFL draft prospect. Why not extend his KU time by a year and get an extra year of earnings? I mean, get closer to his graduate degree from an extra year of classes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes, if there's truth to this, then I do not like Jalon Daniels.
But we have no idea.
surly

Post by surly »

reality is that these high profile guys can make a million dollars, life changing money, their senior year. i don't blame him for looking after his own interests. you guys don't have to look further than ku basketball for examples of this. at this late stage, ku may be better with bean anyway.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:18 am Yes, if there's truth to this, then I do not like Jalon Daniels.
But we have no idea.
I've been guessing this is part of it for a while.

That said, back issues are real.

And to old ball's 'we might be better with Bean at this point'...i get the thought, but no way. Not if JD6 came back without much rust.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

But really, and we wouldn't know this....but...

How Self says he always guides the players to what he thinks is the best possible choice, whether it be staying or going...isn't another possible outcome now telling the player to sit out, get the extra year, and have two full years. Especially with having Bean present, and as an 'adequate' QB1 replacement?

That said, these dudes are all competitive on a level that hardly any of us are close to, so convincing them to hold out, or yourself, as a coach to advise such a thing, might be far fetched. But none of it seems to lack knowledge or out of the realm of possibility. I doubt it, though, for competive reasons.