Weather

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Weather

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:03 pm We need an early check in and late check out. Who can accommodate that?
Anywhere except wherever ous works.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

School cancelled again tomorrow. Poor kid is in tears because she was so excited for her valentines day party and passing out all her stuff to her classmates. Monday seems like an eternity away to her.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Why is she going to school on Monday? It's a national holiday.
A lot of people bitching how cold it is going to be today. Right now it's a solid 3 degrees supposedly going up to a balmy 16. It's February in Chicago, it's supposed to be cold. Bunch of poosies!
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

3 degrees here now as well. But it warms up from there. Yesterday it was 15 for a high.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:02 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:03 pm We need an early check in and late check out. Who can accommodate that?
sir, I hope you don't mind me suggesting to try doing more on vacation than just sit in your hotel room...

...oh wait, but there's a Real Housewives marathon on tv this weekend?! Then let's get you checked in ASAP!
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Grandma wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:44 am Why is she going to school on Monday? It's a national holiday.
A lot of people bitching how cold it is going to be today. Right now it's a solid 3 degrees supposedly going up to a balmy 16. It's February in Chicago, it's supposed to be cold. Bunch of poosies!
Oh fuck that's right....she's not going to be happy to find out its Tuesday and not Monday she has to wait for. Oops.

😨😨😨
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:24 pm You know the deal when you go to a resort like that. If you move to LA and complain about traffic should the city offer you a coupon for free gas?
^^^^^^^^
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:53 am
TDub wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:02 pm
sir, I hope you don't mind me suggesting to try doing more on vacation than just sit in your hotel room...

...oh wait, but there's a Real Housewives marathon on tv this weekend?! Then let's get you checked in ASAP!
How do you know what I watch? It’s a big weekend.

Can’t you just like tell the staff do clean faster or something? I just wanna put my bags down.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Damnit, who told CnB what room he’ll be in??

He went up there and now he’s accosting the housekeepers!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also what other dumb TV shows would work with that joke?

I considered Guy Fieri.

That would work on multiple levels.

“Instead of going out and trying new things, let’s just binge a show about a guy trying new things! Now one of y’all call room service, we’re running low on chicken tenders. The ones here are way better than the ones at the Mexican joint”
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:04 am
“Now one of y’all call room service, we’re running low on chicken tenders. The ones here are way better than the ones at the Mexican joint”
Never mix Mexican and continental.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

A ‘bomb cyclone’ #Dennis could challenge the most intense North Atlantic cyclones on record this weekend – expected to bottom at around 915 mbar and push a severe windstorm towards western Europe

*UPDATE* on the most intense North Atlantic storm of the season – an extremely rapid intensification of the ‘bomb cyclone’ #DENNIS is underway!

The bombogenesis / explosive cyclogenesis #Dennis is underway across the North Atlantic this morning, centered northwest of Ireland. The intensification rate is very extreme as the observed pressure falls are more than double the threshold for the bombogenesis! The pressure change during the past 24 hours has been unprecedented, as it has changed from 987 mbar to 936 mbar at 06 UTC today – that is a remarkable * 51 mbar * change in the 24-hour period. Dennis will continue deepening with an extreme rate for another 6-9 hours before it will reach its mature stage, it is likely to push the lowest pressure slightly below 915 mbar.

[...]

Satellite images are just… let them speak a thousand words. Seriously, what else would it need to get the better example of explosive cyclogenesis? The intensification rate has been beyond impressive, and this usually leads to a textbook satellite presentation of cyclonic structure. Besides rapidly organizing, #Dennis is also expanding in size fast, dominating the North Atlantic. Notice how strong the dry conveyor belt is and how perfectly defined it is wrapping around the core. There is also another extremely deep (933 mbar) cyclone further west, centered southeast of Greenland:

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Double yikes.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Nashville is pretty far south of us. It's a good 3 hour drive.
Defense. Rebounds.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I’ve never been more anxious to get seeds and seedlings in the ground. I need the rain to stop.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lots of spring snow here, and thankful for it. It’s not like I’m going anywhere, so I’ve been hitting the national forest trails at the end of my block.

Might be in my best ski shape of the season. Plus, few things clear your mind like a strenuous exercise through a winter wonderland.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

One thing I miss about living in Colorado (and something I took for granted)...especially in a time like this...access to the mtns and hiking trails.
Holidaysmore - 2005