Another mass shooting

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by MICHHAWK »

Lucky for us we hold elections every 4 years. Power to the people.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:43 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:49 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:46 am

I think you must be taking that the wrong way if you want to "go off" on me for mentioning the Chicago mass shootings.

250+ mass shootings already this year. I was simply pointing out that El Paso and Dayton weren't the only incidents this weekend, which is sad/concerning.
You weren't "simply" pointing that out. You were parroting a common comeback that is designed to attempt to make white people opposed to people being killed by guns feel guilty that they only get mad when white people get killed.
JFC.

You're delusional. You've let your imagination run wild. I said NONE of that.

But you don't really care what I say. You're too busy being self righteous. I don't own guns. I oppose all gun violence. There was no hidden meaning to my post and I said that multiple times.
It's not a bash on you, it's our society, myself included. Sorry if I came across as attacking you, just frustrated immensely.

Why DO you feel that the Chicago killings are not covered nationally? I believe it's because of what I stated, that most white people dont identify with their situation and dont get as shook up when they hear about it. When it isnt a scenario that you'd ever find yourself in then it's just more depressing bad news thrown on the pile vs. something that moves a person to complain about it.

When I hear about a bunch of people getting killed at a family festival it freaks me out because I go to those all the time and dont want my next time to result in my death. When I hear about a bunch of people getting murdered at a Walmart it shakes me up because I (as infrequently as possible) do shop there on occasion.

When I hear about people people getting killed on a street corner in Chicago for being members of a rival gang, it doesn't shake my foundation because I dont plan to ever be in a location like that. Maybe I added race to the conversation because the Chicago example is almost exclusive to Africsn Americans, I dont know. I wouldn't get rattled by a giant shootout in a meth lab in the Ozarks due to the same "I wouldn't ever be there" explanation so I know it's not based out of race. I just dont identify with those scenarios.

No self righteousness attempted, just profound frustration today.
Last edited by twocoach on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:16 pm Lucky for us we hold elections every 4 years. Power to the people.
We live in a nation of gluttonous self indulgence and celebration of beauty, fame, popularity and money as the definition of "success".

Swapping out our elected leaders doesn't change the bigger problems of our nation.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

imzcount wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:13 am Chicago is an absolute sh*thole. Can we just give it to Mexico or back to Africa somehow?
bleach, drink it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

imzcount

Post by imzcount »

No one talking how Dayton shooter was ANTIFA? Wow!
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Libtards still won’t acknowledge they were gunned down by one of their own?

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2019/08 ... g-up-bars/
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

imzcount wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:01 am No one talking how Dayton shooter was ANTIFA? Wow!
Was the shooting a result of his political beliefs?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

imzcount wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:21 am Libtards still won’t acknowledge they were gunned down by one of their own?

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2019/08 ... g-up-bars/
Was the shooting in response to his political beliefs?
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Seems that way. Shot up a conservative bar with “Blue Lives Matter” flag our front.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Count - You know for a fact the shooter "was ANTIFA"?
I ask because I support (to various degrees) a lot of things I am not a part/member of.
Not saying anyone who supports the illegal and shameful actions of some ANTIFA "members" is in the right but I fully admit there are some facets of what ANTIFA believe in that I don't take issue with.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

imzcount wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:34 am Seems that way. Shot up a conservative bar with “Blue Lives Matter” flag our front.
It stinks that anyone of any color and any political affiliation chooses to address their problems with another group of individuals with mass violence.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

imzcount wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:34 am Seems that way. Shot up a conservative bar with “Blue Lives Matter” flag our front.
IMZ is giddy that people died.

Sick fucker.
Deleted User 276

Post by Deleted User 276 »

He seems no more happy than others (not necessarily on this board) seem when it's the other side of the coin.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

"When I heard he was the shooter, I wasn't surprised at all," she said. "These are all the things that everyone tried to warn the police and the school about 10 years ago. Everyone knew who he was."

Dayton gunman reportedly had hit lists, fascination with shootings: 'Everyone knew who he was'

...The former classmates, who spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity out of concern they might face harassment, claimed Betts was suspended during his junior year at Bellbrook High School after the "hit list" was found scrawled in a campus bathroom.

The discovery purportedly came after an earlier suspension over a "rape list" that Betts brought to school, according to the classmates, a man and a woman now both 24.

"There was a kill list and a rape list, and my name was on the rape list," the female classmate told the AP.

On the day the "hit list" came out in 2012, roughly a third of the students at Bellbrook High School skipped school out of fear of being targeted, according to the Dayton Daily News.

A 24-year-old woman told NBC News she was friends with Betts in middle school until he made a violent, sexual threat against her.

The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, claimed that Betts spoke of his desire to harm girls and said he was afraid of his own thoughts. She added that he showed her poems he had written about killing people and that she urged him to get counseling.

"He had really dark fantasies, a lot of them mixed death with sex," she said.

Eventually, the woman cut off contact with Betts. "He threatened me, so I stopped being friends with him," she said, adding that when she was 14, she alerted her parents to the threat and they went to the police to give a statement about Betts.

She said she was knew of the gunman's disturbing lists.

"When I heard he was the shooter, I wasn't surprised at all," she said. "These are all the things that everyone tried to warn the police and the school about 10 years ago. Everyone knew who he was."

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:24 pm "When I heard he was the shooter, I wasn't surprised at all," she said. "These are all the things that everyone tried to warn the police and the school about 10 years ago. Everyone knew who he was."

Dayton gunman reportedly had hit lists, fascination with shootings: 'Everyone knew who he was'

...The former classmates, who spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity out of concern they might face harassment, claimed Betts was suspended during his junior year at Bellbrook High School after the "hit list" was found scrawled in a campus bathroom.

The discovery purportedly came after an earlier suspension over a "rape list" that Betts brought to school, according to the classmates, a man and a woman now both 24.

"There was a kill list and a rape list, and my name was on the rape list," the female classmate told the AP.

On the day the "hit list" came out in 2012, roughly a third of the students at Bellbrook High School skipped school out of fear of being targeted, according to the Dayton Daily News.

A 24-year-old woman told NBC News she was friends with Betts in middle school until he made a violent, sexual threat against her.

The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, claimed that Betts spoke of his desire to harm girls and said he was afraid of his own thoughts. She added that he showed her poems he had written about killing people and that she urged him to get counseling.

"He had really dark fantasies, a lot of them mixed death with sex," she said.

Eventually, the woman cut off contact with Betts. "He threatened me, so I stopped being friends with him," she said, adding that when she was 14, she alerted her parents to the threat and they went to the police to give a statement about Betts.

She said she was knew of the gunman's disturbing lists.

"When I heard he was the shooter, I wasn't surprised at all," she said. *** "These are all the things that everyone tried to warn the police and the school about 10 years ago. Everyone knew who he was." ***

[...]
Uh, that last bit I emphasized. Lookout!
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.