NFL Regular Season

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NFL Regular Season

Post by pdub »

In other news, I guess it was rumored the Rams went after Rodgers but the Pack said hell no.
Rodgers would have commanded more than Stafford - Rams wouldn't have had a draft pick til 2026.
And the Pack fans woulda been livid.

But that Rams team led by Aaron woulda been nasty.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Vikes heavily mentioned in trade RUMORS involving Watson, so I've been occupied.

The thing that strikes me the most in all of the rumors both realistic and ridiculous is how many people completely undervalue Watson, especially after the Stafford trade. Watson is worth a truckload and the odds have to favor him staying in Houston.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Watson is worth 4 1sts at minimum. I've seen some throw out there like 2 1sts and NFL starters as well.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Because of epic stupidity, I think Houston has to trade Watson for many picks. But they passed on getting a decent coach already. I sit out if I were Watson. They have disrespected his wishes about 100-percent lately.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He's not playing another down in Houston. There is no doubt about it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Some rumors swirling about Vegas.
Carr plus all of their picks for Watson.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean, Vegas would still Vegas. I would not go there if I was Watson. But the front office is in love with players from winning collegiate programs. They go heavy on Bama and Clemson.

But here's the main reason I would avoid Vegas if I was Watson. *Whispers* Gruden actually really stinks as a coach. 40% winning percentage as a coach in last 6 years. His offense is archaic.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Does Watson have some kind of trade clause I'm not aware of?

It's probably going to take 3 teams to get something done. His haul is just too big. If you did a trade value, I'd have a hard time arguing there's someone other than Watson that should be #2.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:21 am Does Watson have some kind of trade clause I'm not aware of?

It's probably going to take 3 teams to get something done. His haul is just too big. If you did a trade value, I'd have a hard time arguing there's someone other than Watson that should be #2.
Full no trade. He gets to pick. That has NEVER happened in the NFL before, I believe.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Then I don't know why he'd pick Mahomes's division.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Vegas's weakness wasn't offense this season - they actually were top 10 in yards and points per game.
And that was with an average QB and below average WR core.

And yea, it may take more than 2 teams - but Houston has kinda been put in a pickle here, as in, Watson's value is diminished because of knowledge about his future with the team.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

SF, MIN, MIA, NYJ - I get all those.

I still think there's such a great chance he ends up in Houston.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:31 am SF, MIN, MIA, NYJ - I get all those.

Ya think? I don't see how he will stay there. After all this. Houston is rebuilding with a character-focused coach and GM, not a win-now coach. They know they are going to move on from him. I think he'll end up in AFC East with either Miami or Jets.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:54 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:31 am SF, MIN, MIA, NYJ - I get all those.

Ya think? I don't see how he will stay there. After all this. Houston is rebuilding with a character-focused coach and GM, not a win-now coach. They know they are going to move on from him. I think he'll end up in AFC East with either Miami or Jets.
It's just that trading him needs to be Houston's Plan Z. Even fining him every practice and game missed seems the better approach. And, he's so valuable, teams are going to have to pull a Herschel Walker deal.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:34 pm

It's just that trading him needs to be Houston's Plan Z. Even fining him every practice and game missed seems the better approach. And, he's so valuable, teams are going to have to pull a Herschel Walker deal.
(Which would seem to deter the Vikes)
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:59 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:34 pm

(Which would seem to deter the Vikes)
I had to throw it in. I've heard Walker's name mentioned dozens of times over the last 3 days. It's been 32 years!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Someone please put a mike in front of Ditka.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

This is a great QB draft. And you need pieces. Be willing to take two number ones and picks down the line would help speed rebuilding. Watson has value now, but won’t keep it playing for the semi-pro Houston teams if he stays. Get a deal done that allows a decent QB and five other impact draft picks. Cap money. But the Houston front office will probably find a way to blow it. Big Ben and a fourth rounder.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Things change so fast in the NFL. Rags to riches stories within a season. SF seems like the latest example.

I think under the current setup, you always default to keeping the franchise QB at almost any cost.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:42 pm Things change so fast in the NFL. Rags to riches stories within a season. SF seems like the latest example.

I think under the current setup, you always default to keeping the franchise QB at almost any cost.
I agree. Houston though. Watson fits in very well in Minnesota.