COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Mjl

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Mjl »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:02 pm Yes PHD, this person far outranks you, so you have to try to destroy their science.
But this isn't difficult... Or science. It's just math.

162/(162+8) = .95
So, 95% efficacious.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:52 pm
Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:02 pm Yes PHD, this person far outranks you, so you have to try to destroy their science.

162/(162+8) = .95
So, 95% efficacious.
The only math Walrus really gives a damn about is how much money he can make off of people in need that are related to him and/or his wife.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:17 pm The graph is actually bullshit now because it's outdated. The real numbers are over 9,000 now. Keep in mind that vaers rejects a lot of submitted claims. The real estimates are that 1-10% of the reported cases are accepted.
It literally says it right on their web page.

"The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) accepts all reports, including reports of vaccination errors. Guidance on reporting vaccination errors is available if you have additional questions."
"VAERS accepts reports from anyone. Patients, parents, caregivers and healthcare providers (HCP) are encouraged to report adverse events after vaccination to VAERS even if it is not clear that the vaccine caused the adverse event. In addition, HCP are required to report certain adverse events after vaccination."

https://vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:29 pm Also, just because you "don't believe" doesn't mean it didn't happen. Facts and events do not require your belief to make them real. :lol:
And just because you believe it doesn't mean it happened. You prove over and over again that what you believe is "fact" requires no more proof than "I read it and it supports my world view". Your belief does not equate to facts.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I’m in Florida for my first work trip in 18 months.

“What virus?” would be my assessment from around here…
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:52 pm

162/(162+8) = .95
So, 95% efficacious.
This.
8 is far fewer than 162 when compared to the minimal number of infected in the study.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:39 pm We actually have drugs that are highly effective at curing covid if you use them early on. But the CDC and our "health officials" are trying to force everyone into getting the shot because it's far more lucrative. These drugs are fairly cheap, and there's no patent or exclusivity on them.
Early on as in being tested for COVID? That has been as Lobster-popular as vaccines and masks. There is nothing guaranteed to work on some cases and many people appear to succumb quickly depending on their viral load.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... ent-threat

why does the surgeon general dress like he’s going to a costume party as a naval captain?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

He’s christening his schooner at the yacht club later

JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:59 pm He’s christening his schooner at the yacht club later

It's easy to grin
When your ship comes in
And you've got the stock market beat.

But the man worthwhile
Is the man who can smile
When his shorts are too tight in the seat.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

SPAULDING GETCHER FOOT OFF THE BOAT!
Deleted User 887

Covid very well may go down in history as being the worst thing to happen to man in the 21st century.
The fact that it's getting worse these days (in not just in this country but worldwide) shows me we're fucked and going to be fucked for a long time.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

My brother has covid right meow.

Mild/moderate cold-like symptoms.

He’s been vaccinated for months.

Thinks he got it earlier this week out at a birthday party at a Chinese joint. I told him maybe it wasn’t a good idea to order the bat.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:28 pm My brother has covid right meow.

Mild/moderate cold-like symptoms.

He’s been vaccinated for months.

Thinks he got it earlier this week out at a birthday party at a Chinese joint. I told him maybe it wasn’t a good idea to order the bat.
Does that change your feelings on your crusade against the unvaccinated at all? (Either way)

I am vaccinated and am still pro vaccination...but i would be lying if I said i wouldn't have been more likely to pass on the vaccine for now had i known how many vaccinated people would still be getting covid. Hell the shot made me sick as fuck both times. More than likely I'd have still gotten it because my mom (they never stop #momming) was on my ass about getting it LOL...but I'd have given it a little more thought.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Illy POTD

I could spend all night enjoying posts about your mom.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Vaccination doesn’t prevent you from getting infected. However you might be hospitalized or die if you haven’t been vaccinated. The only thing that can prevent infection is good hygiene.

I know you posted this earlier but it is worth repeating often, especially when vaccinated people get the fungus
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

zsn wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:57 pm Vaccination doesn’t prevent you from getting infected. However you might be hospitalized or die if you haven’t been vaccinated. The only thing that can prevent infection is good hygiene.

I know you posted this earlier but it is worth repeating often, especially when vaccinated people get the fungus
No doubt.

Helps prevent getting infected.
Helps infection be asymptomatic/mild.
Greatly reduces chances of death from infection (to literally almost 0% for healthy individuals with no other factors at play).
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:20 pm
zsn wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:57 pm Vaccination doesn’t prevent you from getting infected. However you might be hospitalized or die if you haven’t been vaccinated. The only thing that can prevent infection is good hygiene.

No doubt.

Greatly reduces chances of death from infection (to literally almost 0% for healthy individuals with no other factors at play).
Great post. Worrisome is how Delta is hitting unvaccinated young folks. Lifetime impact many times too
Deleted User 887

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:20 pm

No doubt.

Good posts!

I have a few friends in LA who are becoming enemies with each other because of Covid.
They are extremely divided.
I am 100% for safety, prevention, precaution, etc., but the mask mandate that begins July 17th at 11:59 p.m. local time is a double edged sword.
How and why do they think/feel this is going to help in regards to getting more people vaccinated?
Many people will think/feel, gee, I am fully vaccinated but I am being treated as if I'm not - so why did I bother? Well, most of us know "why bother" but the ignorant will question it even more now.
I'm sorry but I am someone who feels at this point, masks should perhaps be suggested but should NOT be "mandatory" for vaccinated people. Meanwhile, the flip side of that is how vaccinated people are still getting and carrying the virus. Thus one of the many reasons why I posted last night that "The fact that it's getting worse these days (in not just in this country but worldwide) shows me we're fucked and going to be fucked for a long time".