COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by ousdahl »

One thing I hadn’t really thought about since getting vaccinated is, whether I’d even bother getting tested for covid now if I got a cough or whatever.

I’d prob just treat it like a cold and power through, for better or worse, unless it was bad enough to wanna go to the doctor
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:23 am One thing I hadn’t really thought about since getting vaccinated is, whether I’d even bother getting tested for covid now if I got a cough or whatever.

I’d prob just treat it like a cold and power through, for better or worse, unless it was bad enough to wanna go to the doctor
Insight privilege.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Covid Still Killing Americans Faster Than Guns, Cars and Flu Combined

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium
The situation has improved dramatically since January, when Covid deaths outpaced heart disease and cancer as the country’s top killer, according to a Bloomberg analysis. Still, for the month of June, coronavirus was responsible for 337 deaths a day. For comparison, the historic average deaths from gunshots, car crashes and complications from the flu add up to 306 a day.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I said in another thread, I'm heading to KC this weekend and have to drive through messourah. I'll keep the windows rolled up and won't stop.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

304 is West Virginia
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

yeah, that’s weird

we’re 801, and i’ve seen the commercial multiple times
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Walk-up vaxxes at red rocks
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Nah. Need to go door to door.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Speaking of red rocks. Tyler childers is gonna be there in sept. You shoulda saved up for the water bottles at that one instead.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

They givin out free tickets to that one?
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

soo “ground scores”

E.g. random drugs and shit you find on the ground at a concert

cuuuuz if we just laid syringes all up and down the stairs and parking lot here, we could vaccinate every wook at red rocks
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

We do have a contrarian streak that runs through the country. An unworthy narcissism that permeates arguments. You see it in the Lobster surfacing and in the illy sophism. Gutter-not Gutter-Deleted Gutter. Writ large, it is killing people with hubris. I think a good Greek tragedy could be made of this by the next ascendent species.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Exactly 1 year ago today:

• A meeting on whether to enact a mask ordinance in the tourist town of Branson, Mo., went on for more than eight hours Thursday as dozens of residents shared their suspicions of public health experts, the healthcare system and data on the spread of the virus. Speakers invoked the Bible, rejected research showing masks can slow the spread of the virus and embraced conspiracy theories about everything from the so-called “deep state” to Bill Gates. In the end, the board of aldermen voted unanimously to postpone a vote. “Some of the wackiest stuff I’ve ever heard in my life — over wearing a mask,” Branson Alderman Bill Skains said.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Could have had the same meeting today.
Defense. Rebounds.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Some of the wackiest stuff I've ever heard in my life

Oh the irony coming from the Alderman of Branson. That area is cluster for some of the most redneck, backwards thinking individuals you can find.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

I try to keep my anger and emotions in check. Today I punched a wall. Not hard but hard enough to get my anger out. I'm beyond pissed off that it looks like we are going BACKWARDS in regards to "safeguards" and "mandates".
People don't want to get vaccinated nor still take the "variant/s" seriously - fine - until it affects those of us who have done what we were asked/told/instructed to do to try and beat this thing - and now we are ALL going to suffer because of those who refuse to give a damn. Fuck this country and the selfish dumb assholes who live in it.

End of rant.
Hey, have a beautiful evening!
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:07 pm I try to keep my anger and emotions in check. Today I punched a wall. Not hard but hard enough to get my anger out. I'm beyond pissed off that it looks like we are going BACKWARDS in regards to "safeguards" and "mandates".
People don't want to get vaccinated nor still take the "variant/s" seriously - fine - until it affects those of us who have done what we were asked/told/instructed to do to try and beat this thing - and now we are ALL going to suffer because of those who refuse to give a damn. Fuck this country and the selfish dumb assholes who live in it.

End of rant.
Gutter, has anyone ever had a serious talk with you about the likelihood that you are on The Spectrum? Serious question.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:19 pm
NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:07 pm I try to keep my anger and emotions in check. Today I punched a wall. Not hard but hard enough to get my anger out. I'm beyond pissed off that it looks like we are going BACKWARDS in regards to "safeguards" and "mandates".

End of rant.
Gutter, has anyone ever had a serious talk with you about the likelihood that you are on The Spectrum? Serious question.
No.
Unfortunately I need more expert diagnosing of my physical well being than my mental well being.
I know I am "off" mentally - and there are some on here who for some strange reason would rather give me a hard time about it than be compassionate. Oh well.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The guy who chastises the poor kids at a Pizza shop for not building a shrine to him over a tip that most of them didn't know about needs just a little more compassion?