CBB 20/21 season, non-ku

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: CBB 20/21 season, non-ku

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:41 am Didn't K himself say they'd done enough to get in?
He said that last night, I guess. And, of course.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Duke faked a positive Coronavirus test so they can mercifully end their season on the highest note possible.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

A walkon. lol
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Athletic director Kevin White said in a statement that Thursday's announcement "will end our 2020-21 season."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This could mean a lot of things, not just a player ( though it could be a player ):

"after a positive COVID-19 test within the program,"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:39 am I think a big part of it is the fact KU is every other team’s super bowl. We get their best shot every night.

KJ Lawson also averaged double digits at another D1 school but could barely crack the rotation here.
I attribute that more to level of competition on the roster as well as caliber of opponent, not that teams "try harder to beat Kansas". Sure, there is some of that but I don't think it is the primary factor. KU just has better players to beat out for minutes and tougher opponents to go against to show you deserve more minutes than teams like Tulane or DePaul.

Even Grimes isn't really shooting much better at Houston than he did at Kansas. He just plays more because no one on the roster can do better and looks better because he plays against shittier teams. So magically, he looks "better".
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

The Selection Committee will give Oklahoma State an at-large bid. Monday morning the NCAA will deny their appeal and reinstate their post season ban. Duke will take their place and get a 3 seed.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Now dook saying their season is over
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:55 am Now dook saying their season is over
Deleted User 289

Thank god he's not but if K was our coach and White was our "Director of Athletics" I wonder if KU would be done for the year right now.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

so, they don’t think they’d be selected

or, they don’t want to suffer the embarrassment of not being selected, or being selected, getting a low seed, and subsequently getting bounced early
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Is it time for Mike Boynton to get some credit?

Dude can coach. Cunningham is good of course, but they are a pesky bunch, they battle like crazy for any loose ball (BT broken finger) and they play some serious defense.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Coach K nailed his Coach K statement.
"Excuses, love and honor. Credit and excuses. Compassion for team. Pride. We probably coulda made the tournament, just sayin, if we had a chance. Pandemic and excuses. Excuses."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Again, KU has two players confirmed to either have had COVID or been at risk - Duke has a person in the program.

KU is playing.
Duke is quitting.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I don't know what the covid testing protocals are exactly when a player tests positive after a game.

I assume the protocals dictate that duke cannot be cleared to play before the start of the tournament next week. Therefore are ineligible. Otherwise they would not pull the plug on the season if there was a chance they could be cleared as a team to compete.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:15 pm Thank god he's not but if K was our coach and White was our "Director of Athletics" I wonder if KU would be done for the year right now.
If duke was a probably 3 seed they wouldn't have cancelled shit.

K said last night they did enough to get in. Now they can take themselves out of the tourney, rather than not be selected.

You can't fire me, I quit!
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Exactly.
Duke would have found a way in if they knew they were in.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:24 pm I don't know what the covid testing protocals are exactly when a player tests positive after a game.

I assume the protocals dictate that duke cannot be cleared to play before the start of the tournament next week. Therefore are ineligible. Otherwise they would not pull the plug on the season if there was a chance they could be cleared as a team to compete.
We know what the protocols are for the tournament because our team is going through the same thing. There is still enough time that K could accept a tourney invite.

The difference is, we are playing next week because we are good and K's going to take his ball and go home just like all the other times his team has sucked ass.
Deleted User 289

pdub, MICH, Phd, CNB, and everyone else - I might be looking too deep for something that isn't there but I feel there has to be more to Duke quitting (and I do feel it's quitting) their season today than what they are leading us to believe. What I find interesting is that there was no mention of the NCAA putting a halt to their playing and removing themselves from possibly playing in the Tournament.
Right or wrong, I figure if we don't get a statement from the NCAA then we know it was 100% Duke's decision. So there lies the million dollar question - What is the real reason Duke quit TODAY and does Duke really want to use their "medical experts" as their scapegoat?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:34 pm pdub, MICH, Phd, CNB, and everyone else - I might be looking too deep for something that isn't there but I feel there has to be more to Duke quitting (and I do feel it's quitting) their season today than what they are leading us to believe. What I find interesting is that there was no mention of the NCAA putting a halt to their playing and removing themselves from possibly playing in the Tournament.
Right or wrong, I figure if we don't get a statement from the NCAA then we know it was 100% Duke's decision. So there lies the million dollar question - What is the real reason Duke quit TODAY and does Duke really want to use their "medical experts" as their scapegoat?
It started the minute they had a bad start to their season when they got shellacked against a bad Michigan State team.