Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 863

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by Deleted User 863 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:04 am if one conference is going to "fold into" the other, why would the BIG 12 become the aac? and not the other way around?
It would likely be named something entirely different is my guess.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 am I can’t believe it took 27 pages for me to get in on this, and that’s all I had
weak sauce, yo
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:10 am
shindig wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:02 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:57 am Possible! But I think we should be trying. I do not think a salvaged "Big 12" is viable.
What teams would you try to add? I would love to get Nebraska, Missouri and Arkansas, but I know that ain't happening, even if Nebraska and Arkansas aren't happy in their respective conferences, the money they make would be too hard to turn away from.

I don't want any more TX schools like Houston or SMU. Done with Texas. Do you try to get the Buffs back from the PAC12? Or do we just go all in and go after Wichita State...lol.

Edit: Sorry I thought you said the Big 12 was viable.
Right, I don't want to add anyone. I want out. A Big 12 that is saved, but worse, is just going through this again.

We need to - ugh - learn from Mizzou here. If you can find your spot, get it.
But...wouldn't it be better to play in a salvaged Big12 for a year or two if it meant getting a preferred landing spot, like the B1G, rather than doing something hasty just to make sure we stay in P5, like joining the PAC or something?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

Hypothetical here:

Let's say we get into discussions with Big10...how many of their current schools have to vote yes for us to join when a vote does happen?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Where is dropping the football program and joining the Big East in our heirarchy of options?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

uconn basketball recently re-joined the big east.

uconn football went independant.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

it’s no longer P5...it’s P4, then everyone else

whatever shell of the Big 12 remains, even with added members or a merger with AAC is going to be second tier (in football and revenue)
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:39 am Hypothetical here:

Let's say we get into discussions with Big10...how many of their current schools have to vote yes for us to join when a vote does happen?
i’ve been trying to find the answer to that for the last 5 minutes...i don’t really want to read through their by-laws
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:52 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:39 am Hypothetical here:

i’ve been trying to find the answer to that for the last 5 minutes...i don’t really want to read through their by-laws
I looked too and couldn't find it.
Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:42 am Where is dropping the football program and joining the Big East in our heirarchy of options?
Id rather go ACC if that were the case. Duke UNC Virginia UL etc. That'd be awesome competition against teams that win national titles.

...and no more scott drew!
Deleted User 89

found this:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... ndbook.pdf

4.1 CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS: COUNCIL OF PRESIDENTS/ CHANCELLORS (BOARD OF DIRECTORS)

4.1.1 Composition. The Council consists of the chancellor or president of each member university, constituted for the purposes set forth in the Certificate of Incorporation and the Bylaws. The Council meets from time to time as set forth in the Bylaws. The terms “Board of Directors” and “Council of Presidents/Chancellors” are synonymous and interchangeable.

A. Council of Presidents/Chancellors Executive Committee. The Executive Committee shall consist of four presidents/chancellors, and will include the Chair, two past chairs, and one other president/chancellor. The Executive Committee is to conduct the regular business of the Council between Council meetings and provide direction to the Commissioner in the conduct of the day-to-day operations of the Conference. (Revised 6/5/11)

4.1.3 Duties and Responsibilities: Matters Reserved to the Council. The following policy matters are reserved to the Council. These may take effect only upon the vote of not less than sixty percent (60%) of the entire Council:
M. Admitting into membership and suspending, expelling, or placing on probation any member of the Conference. These actions require a vote of not less than seventy percent (70%) of the Council (Editorial revision 8/1/12).
Deleted User 863

Illinois and Ohio State may be hard to convince to accept KU, but i think the rest would range from very open to the idea to excited about the idea. So we should be capable of getting to that 70% number.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think I said this a few days back but here's my predictions with percentages

55% - BIG
20% - Pac
15% - ACC
10% - Big 12/AAC merger

My BIG percentage has dropped. But still so much unknown. But I think KU gets out and I think Girod and Goff know that and will act as soon as they have a solid offer.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

I hope you're right. I just don't get the feeling the big 10 is all that interested in expanding right now. They'll be the 2nd best conference either way and nobody will be close to SEC regardless.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:40 am I hope you're right. I just don't get the feeling the big 10 is all that interested in expanding right now. They'll be the 2nd best conference either way and nobody will be close to SEC regardless.
They sure can be close if they can find a damn good team from a different conference to make it 16 along with KU.

If KU goes and they get Clemson, UNC or the like from the ACC, that's not a bad conference. The SEC is a 3 team show currently with Bama, Florida and LSU and then adding Oklahoma to make a really good 4. But if BIG can counter with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and then a Clemson to make their 4th, then whew. That's a good deal.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

i don’t think the B1G or Pac12 really want to expand, but they may be forced to just to stave off a potential power grab by the SEC

i don’t know why the SEC would stop with UT and OU, particularly if more money is being dangled in front of them while the other conferences are sitting on their hands
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:47 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:40 am I hope you're right. I just don't get the feeling the big 10 is all that interested in expanding right now. They'll be the 2nd best conference either way and nobody will be close to SEC regardless.
They sure can be close if they can find a damn good team from a different conference to make it 16 along with KU.

If KU goes and they get Clemson, UNC or the like from the ACC, that's not a bad conference. The SEC is a 3 team show currently with Bama, Florida and LSU and then adding Oklahoma to make a really good 4. But if BIG can counter with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and then a Clemson to make their 4th, then whew. That's a good deal.
According to this they won't be close...

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 149248012/

SEC already has 10 of top 20....They're adding Texas and OU. Who are #1 and #8.
Deleted User 863

I was surprised how much the schools like Auburn Georgia South Carolina Kentucky Florida and Arkansas make.
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 am i don’t think the B1G or Pac12 really want to expand, but they may be forced to just to stave off a potential power grab by the SEC

i don’t know why the SEC would stop with UT and OU, particularly if more money is being dangled in front of them while the other conferences are sitting on their hands
At a certain point it becomes law of diminishing returns for SEC expansion (unless they really are going to try to be the new "NCAA", which still seems more unlikely than it does likely).

The only 3 teams that'd be a net gain are probbaly Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan. Those 3 are are happy where they are.
Deleted User 89

clemson, fsu, oregon, usc...