NFL 2022

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: NFL 2022

Post by twocoach »

The only two QBs in the league with a lower completion percentage than Carr's 60.8% are Russell Wilson and Zach Wilson. No NFL QB has more than Carr's 14 INTs. He is a "top half of the league" QB due only to usage and the players he is throwing to.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think he’s a top 20 guy but at this point you know he’s not getting you to a Super Bowl even with a loaded team.

I think someone desperate for a QB could trade for him but I don’t think it works out well. Washington or Tampa if Brady leaves.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:31 pm I think he’s a top 20 guy but at this point you know he’s not getting you to a Super Bowl even with a loaded team.

I think someone desperate for a QB could trade for him but I don’t think it works out well. Washington or Tampa if Brady leaves.
Look what Denver gave for Wilson and it was much more obvious prior to that trade that Wilson was headed downhill. Carr is a little above an average starting NFL QB so he'll be better than what a handful of teams already have. He'll be starting for an NFL team next season for sure. Geno Smith is a Pro Bowler this season so that tells you about the state of flux the position is in right now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Geno Smith is just a good story and has played very well. Wilson had a much better resume than Carr but has seemed to totally have lost it.

I agree he will be starting for someone. I just don’t think he will be good. I also don’t think he’s better than average. I’d say he’s a bit worse than that.

Carr is below Goff at this point, hovering I’d say even below Tannehill.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Didn't read all the comments, but IMO, the Raiders did Carr very wrong. There's a way to go about things. Shit franchises do shit things.

Carr's also the last to blame for their last decade. Greedy moves to leave for Vegas and hire Chucky--fuck the Raiders.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

This is about Carr's new contract extension. They can walk away after this year as long as he is not hurt with a 5 million dead cap hit. So the Raiders decide they done with him. They either trade or cut but they are not paying him $40 million for the next three years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think everyone understands that and they understandably have to walk away from that.

There's just a way to go about things and they have a lot of time before they have to officially cut/trade him. They drafted the guy and all he did was make 3 Pro Bowls and get them to their first 2 playoffs since Rich Gannon. It's a shit franchise and has been for most of our adult lives.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:07 am This is about Carr's new contract extension. They can walk away after this year as long as he is not hurt with a 5 million dead cap hit. So the Raiders decide they done with him. They either trade or cut but they are not paying him $40 million for the next three years.
Yeah, when you look at the production of the QBs who actually play every week (of which there have only been 12 this season) Carr is near the bottom of nearly every statistical category. They just are not getting what they paid for when you consider that Carr's average salary is 7th amongst NFL starting QBs. He is getting paid nearly what Mahomes and Allen get paid but his production this year was more along the lines of Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson and Matt Stafford produced and all three of them were considered massive busts this season.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:16 am I think everyone understands that and they understandably have to walk away from that.

There's just a way to go about things and they have a lot of time before they have to officially cut/trade him. They drafted the guy and all he did was make 3 Pro Bowls and get them to their first 2 playoffs since Rich Gannon. It's a shit franchise and has been for most of our adult lives.
Agreed. If there is a bad decision to make or a wrong way to handle something, it seems like in the last 10 years that both the Broncos and Raiders always seem to choose that.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:20 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:16 am I think everyone understands that and they understandably have to walk away from that.

Agreed. If there is a bad decision to make or a wrong way to handle something, it seems like in the last 10 years that both the Broncos and Raiders always seem to choose that.
My cynical view is that (if) they still have a chance to make the playoffs and they know that Carr is the best option to get them there. Then they'll be at war with their fans on bringing him back on that contract.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:25 am

My cynical view is that (if) they still have a chance to make the playoffs and they know that Carr is the best option to get them there. Then they'll be at war with their fans on bringing him back on that contract.
Agreed. In my opinion, I think that's why Carr is "stepping away from the team" vs. just being benched. It gives the team some sort of ability to imply that there is something going on with Carr that he needs to deal with. Normally, you'd just bench the guy and he'd be carrying the clipboard and helping the backup out between series.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:30 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:25 am

Agreed. In my opinion, I think that's why Carr is "stepping away from the team" vs. just being benched. It gives the team some sort of ability to imply that there is something going on with Carr that he needs to deal with. Normally, you'd just bench the guy and he'd be carrying the clipboard and helping the backup out between series.
Yes, and they'd get more benefit of the doubt if it was Trey Lance and not Jarrett Stidham
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

I actually like it when Raiders and Broncos do dumb stuff.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:04 pm I actually like it when Raiders and Broncos do dumb stuff.
Oh, no doubt. I have a friend who is a big Broncos fan. I have held off on ridiculing them via text so far this season, as I prefer to wait on the next chance we have to get together in person so I can really enjoy it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cousins have another second half surge left in him?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Not enough for a W today.
The Lions just may beat the Packers next week and knock the Packers out.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Vikings beat down.
Please ( gutter in particular ) refer to my earlier comments about them.
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

Raiders getting a break. Adams catch should have been overturned, which allowed the tying touchdown, then 49ers missed game winning field goal.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bills corner in bad shape.
Didn’t look good with his getting up and just collapsing.

CPR for nine minutes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How do you play this game now?