COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:08 pm Here's a question that's simple and important: Why are the vaxxed so afraid of the unvaxxed if the you trust that the vaccines work?
Even if I am wearing a bulletproof vest while taking my unvaccinated 8 year old kid for a walk, I am still going to run in the opposite direction if gunfire breaks out.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

The vaccine protects against gunfire too? Nice!

Don't forget to grab the kid when you run the opposite direction.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I’ve been suffering from an upper respiratory infection over the past few days, symptoms similar to Covid, but no joint/body aches. Fortunately it’s not, both RTPCR and antibody were negative. Lost sense of smell but not taste. It’s one time when you’re praying that it’s a sinus infection!!! I’m fully vaccinated since April and I was really worried about breakthrough infection.

The reason I’m bringing it up is the absolute insane lengths they are going with the Covid protocols (as they should!). Since I was complaining of coughing the initial visits were all video visits. Then they ordered a Covid test so that they can see me in person either for respiratory illness or Covid! Then when I went in they check you in over the phone, then they do the vitals and nose swab in a tent outside and make you wait in the car until the test results are done. Then the doctor calls you on the phone for the initial consult and only then they bring you to the exam room.

It’s all streamlined but I was amazed at the intensity of the protocols.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Nothing that intensive in Lex that I know of. Hopefully med centers everywhere take it that seriously. Glad it's not the fungus and hope you're better soon.
Defense. Rebounds.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:08 pm Here's a question that's simple and important: Why are the vaxxed so afraid of the unvaxxed if the you trust that the vaccines work?
Because I have kids, moron.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:35 pm
Duck, talking point inbound!!!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dont send your children to daycare because the woman is naturally inclined because of evolution to be home taking care of them...or something like that.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

luckily for the children they are at almost zero risk of the fungus.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You don't read much do you?
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:09 am luckily for the children they are at almost zero risk of the fungus.
You beat lobster to it.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:26 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:09 am luckily for the children they are at almost zero risk of the fungus.
You beat lobster to it.
I was about to lay odds on who was going to say it first.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:35 pm
Excellent response!
My guess is Wally may have trouble comprehending the definition of "work" when it comes to vaccines or at least the Covid vaccine.
I don't have kids so while this is a poor analogy, it still kind of gets the point across......
A cup "works" but if you get kicked in the balls by someone - it still can hurt - just not as much if you weren't wearing a cup.
Maybe this is a better answer to his question... I trust the vaccines "work"/help keep people safer (not 100% "safe" but "safer") than if they were not vaccinated. The unvaxxed may or may not give me the virus but of less concern (but still major concern) to me is that the unvaxxed are the ones who are going to fuck up ALL OF OUR getting back to "normalcy" on a permanent basis more than the vaxxed are.
Here is probably the best answer to his question. Why don't you ask a nurse and/or doctor in a Covid "ward" (in a major hospital that treats Covid) that question? What do you think they would tell you?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Let's assume for the sake of argument that kids were at literally zero risk of even getting symptoms, let alone worse outcomes. Z-E-R-O.

Even that would not make for a decent argument against keeping them from catching Covid. Because if they catch it, they can pass it along. And as long as it keeps getting passed along, it's going to keep mutating. And sooner or later it's going to mutate in such a fashion as to break the vaccines' protections. Or, to your very stupid point, in such a fashion as to be dangerous to kids.

That's just science. But clearly you are among the 1/3 of the country that simply does not believe in science that is inconvenient to them.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

In this regard, you're being a moron and an asshole. You coach kids? Really? Give me a list of the kids you coach and their parents contact info so that I can share your posts with them. Let me guess, you're going to tell me they are like minded Michiganders.

Do you have anyone in your life that you care about who is over the age of let's say 75? I am going to have 100 kids who are all Covid positive cough and breath within a foot of that person's face. Are you cool with that?

If a kid you care about contracted the virus and god forbid got extremely sick and/or died would you still have the attitude of "luckily for the children they are at almost zero risk of the fungus"?
One child dying from the virus is one too many for the loved ones of that child. Right?

If you truly cared, perhaps you should check these out.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... c-hcp.html

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... t-20484405

https://journals.lww.com/pidj/fulltext/ ... ren.2.aspx
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

mich and lobs are both just trolling at this point

their only intent is to ruffle feathers

fuck em both
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:36 am
Let's assume for the sake of argument that kids were at literally zero risk of even getting symptoms, let alone worse outcomes. Z-E-R-O.

Even that would not make for a decent argument against keeping them from catching Covid. Because if they catch it, they can pass it along. And as long as it keeps getting passed along, it's going to keep mutating. And sooner or later it's going to mutate in such a fashion as to break the vaccines' protections. Or, to your very stupid point, in such a fashion as to be dangerous to kids.

That's just science. But clearly you are among the 1/3 of the country that simply does not believe in science that is inconvenient to them.
They can't comprehend.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I don't think mich is trolling. I think he's really that selfish and ignorant.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:39 am I don't think mich is trolling. I think he's really that selfish and ignorant.
i used to think that...up until the last couple months
twocoach

Post by twocoach »