Conspiracies

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: Conspiracies

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:52 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:36 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:14 pm

Why do banks (seem to) prefer Zelle over PayPal/Venmo?
Zelle is an ACH transaction, the same as if you wired money only it doesn't take multiple days to process end to end like a wire transaction. It rides the established ACH system but is quicker and involves less fees (for both the account holder and the bank) end to end and can be set up by your bank as it ties directly to your bank account, which is good until a fraudster gets hold of it. Unfortunately, fraudsters are taking advantage of Zelle's ties directly to a DDA account as well as the quick turnaround and starting to run major amounts of fraud through it.

I prefer to use Paypal and only ever tie my PayPal to a credit card. Your DDA is your real money; if a fraudster gets into that it is a real pain in the ass because you are out that money until you get it all sorted out. A credit card is just fake money; a high tech IOU system basically. You aren't out that money if a fraudster dings you and it is much easier to get that situation rectified.

But some people require the "I need that money right now" of Zelle. Faster and more convenient is great when there are no problems but it comes at a higher risk of impactful fraud.
Thanks, I didn't realize Zelle was just an ACH transaction. Thought it was just another 3rd party like Paypal.

I guess it makes sense for banks to advertise it and prefer it if it saves on fees, but perhaps they're breaking even if it's susceptible to fraud?
Everything is susceptible to fraud of some sort; it's just more of a pain in the butt when it happens to your checking or savings account. Banks seem to be happy not to have to pay the per item click to Visa or MasterCard for the transaction. I will keep an eye out for any data about the prevalence of Zelle fraud. I am curious to see how it compares to fraud on debit cards/credit cards.

Here's a quick article I found: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... d-refunds/

That article includes this little nugget that helps explain why the big banks like Zelle. JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, US Bank, PNC, Capital One, Bank of America, and Truist joined together to form the company that created Zelle.

"When seven of the biggest banks in America saw that their customers liked using apps to send instant peer-to-peer payments, they rolled out Zelle through a jointly owned company called Early Warning Services in 2017 and quickly began processing billions in payments annually."
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

This is so sad. Parent made his child get the covid shot, child passes away shortly after. He was only in the first grade. The father still in denial (sounds familiar, right?).

https://twitter.com/Billy_K_Ball/status ... 6365%2Fpg1

https://twitter.com/JenniferMarguli/sta ... 6365%2Fpg1
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Oh goody
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

clean up, aisle Idiot
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bye for good.
4chan is avails.

**of note, he was already perma banned before for spamming the boreds but stupid me thought I’d give him another chance**
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

If this was my site the piece of shit disrespecting the kid's father would have been the last straw for me too.
Job well done pdub!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Another study of those who do their own research. I was suspect of an article about a psychologist named "Pennycook" and then a guy named "Vitriol" shows up in the article. I looked them up, they actually exist.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-peo ... nce-2023-1
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So apparently Pfizer is mutating the virus? Do we wanna ignore that conversation or address it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Seem?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Why did they make the pentagon look like a UFO?
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the government should stop the one that was subsidized by tax-payer money
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:25 am So apparently Pfizer is mutating the virus? Do we wanna ignore that conversation or address it
Sure, we can have that conversation. The video you received that information from is nonsense, clipped and edited to feed your world view. Pfizer is not mutating the virus but have "had discussions" about mutating it to see if it would help them learn about how to deal with future variants, which means nothing as companies "discuss" weird options that they do not pursue all the time.

Any more conversation you feel you need?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:25 am So apparently Pfizer is mutating the virus? Do we wanna ignore that conversation or address it
Viruses mutate, dumb shit
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 am
Sure, we can have that conversation. The video you received that information from is nonsense, clipped and edited to feed your world view. Pfizer is not mutating the virus but have "had discussions" about mutating it to see if it would help them learn about how to deal with future variants, which means nothing as companies "discuss" weird options that they do not pursue all the time.

Seems like both of you are leaping to conclusions to me.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:39 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 am

Seems like both of you are leaping to conclusions to me.
What conclusions did I jump to?

"We're exploring, like, you know how the virus keeps mutating? Well, one of the things we're exploring is like, why don't we just mutate it ourselves, so we could focus on, create, preemptively develop new vaccines, right?" the interviewee said.

"So, we're like, 'Do we want to do this?' So that's like one of the things we're considering, for like, the future, like maybe we can like, create new versions of the vaccines and things like that."

"It was like, we're going to consider that with more discussions. That exactly, actually. We're like: 'Wait a minute, like, people won't like that.'"

O'Keefe appears again, clarifying the theoretical nature of the conversation, saying: "That's right, it appears that Pfizer is internally discussing the possibility of mutating the COVID virus themselves, in order to tailor a vaccine to sell to the public."

Everything I stated came directly from the quotes of the Pfizer employee. I just didn't make the ignorant leap of logic that these were actions that were currently being taken like the video editor hoped people like Mich would, and now have, made.
Deleted User 863

You both think you've watched that short video and now know all the facts and details.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:39 pm You both think you've watched that short video and now know all the facts and details.
You didn't answer my question. What conclusions did I jump to?
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:14 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:39 pm You both think you've watched that short video and now know all the facts and details.
You didn't answer my question. What conclusions did I jump to?
You think you know whether or not this stuff is going on right now. Simply by watching a clearly edited/chopped video. From project veritas of all sources.

I don't think either of you can possibly know what is really going on based solely off that video.