RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

mjl2 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:02 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:37 pm
Shirley wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:04 pm

^^^

It's so "stealth" they can't find it, and I heard a couple of hours ago it might even still be in the air.

#what!?
Considering I live in a country in which our "intelligence" took a loooong time to determine a "balloon" was a "balloon, I'm not that shocked that no one can figure out where an F35 (that should be trackable) is.

Shame they haven't asked me for my input. First thing I would suggest is that they look in their ass.
If I understand correctly, I don't think that's the case. It's a feature, not a bug.
Interesting. I'm kind of surprised.

Does a plane shit in the woods and if it crashed and no one heard it did it make a sound?

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/statu ... 9412455459
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Weirdly, was on autopilot so it could fly quite a distance untracked.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

mjl2 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:02 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:37 pm
Shirley wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:04 pm

^^^

It's so "stealth" they can't find it, and I heard a couple of hours ago it might even still be in the air.

#what!?
Considering I live in a country in which our "intelligence" took a loooong time to determine a "balloon" was a "balloon, I'm not that shocked that no one can figure out where an F35 (that should be trackable) is.

Shame they haven't asked me for my input. First thing I would suggest is that they look in their ass.
If I understand correctly, I don't think that's the case. It's a feature, not a bug.
Shouldn't "we" be able to track it?

Donnie Jr is using it to run cooooocaine.
Defense. Rebounds.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Nah, it's super duper stealth. You could be looking at it and wouldn't even know it's there.

(Disclaimer - I have no clue what I'm talking about)
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

mjl2 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:41 pm Nah, it's super duper stealth. You could be looking at it and wouldn't even know it's there.

(Disclaimer - I have no clue what I'm talking about)
And if you did, they've have to kill you.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

A debris field was found and identified Monday as the remains of an F-35 fighter jet that went missing a day earlier near Charleston, South Carolina, after its pilot ejected, according to the Marine Corps and a defense official with knowledge of the search.

The debris field is approximately two hours northeast of Joint Base Charleston. JB Charleston, which led the search, “is transferring incident command to the USMC this evening, as they begin the recovery process,” the Marine Corps said in a news release...
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what a way to spend $80 million dollars
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I hesitate to post this, lest I trigger japhy. Because

art !

(But, at least the artist can't complain that he feels misunderstood.)

A Danish artist has been ordered to repay a museum after delivering blank canvases

In autumn 2021, a Danish museum opened two large crates to inspect two works it had commissioned from the artist Jens Haaning.

But when museum staff pulled out the canvases — a new work the artist had informed the museum was titled Take the Money and Run -- the canvases were completely blank.

The museum, the Kunsten Museum of Modern Art in Aalborg, had given Haaning a loan of 532,549 Dutch krone, the equivalent of about $76,400. The money was to be used to recreate two earlier works by Haaning that depicted — in actual cold, hard cash affixed to canvas in a frame — the average annual income of a Dane and an Austrian, and the sizable gap between them, reflecting wage differences within the European Union.

Now, Haaning has been ordered by a Copenhagen court to repay most of the money — approximately $70,600 — as well as the equivalent of an additional $11,000 in legal fees.

"I am shocked, but at the same time it is exactly what I have imagined," Haaning told Danish public broadcaster DR on Monday.

"We are not a wealthy museum," Lasse Andersson, the museum's director, told The Guardian in 2021
, explaining that the money came from reserves earmarked for the building's upkeep. "We have to think carefully about how we spend our funds, and we don't spend more than we can afford."

The court's judgment deducted roughly $5,700 from the full loan amount to serve as Haaning's artist's fee and viewing fee, since the museum nonetheless exhibited the blank canvases in its "Work It Out" show.

The Kunsten Museum's curators appeared to fully understand Haaning's meaning.

"Haaning's new work Take the Money and Run is also a recognition that works of art, despite intentions to the contrary, are part of a capitalist system that values a work based on some arbitrary conditions," the museum says in its exhibition guide. "Even the missing money in the work has a monetary value when it is called art and thus shows how the value of money is an abstract quantity."

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Weather is allsome here. 72 F, sunny, slight breeze. The windows are open and I'm enjoying looking out of the office window occasionally.

Everytime I look up, there's a stink bug on the outside of the screen. NBD, flick the screen and watch him fall. But I look up again and he's back. Not sure if it's the same one or not.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:59 am I hesitate to post this, lest I trigger japhy. Because

art !

(But, at least the artist can't complain that he feels misunderstood.)

The Kunsten Museum's curators appeared to fully understand Haaning's meaning.

"Haaning's new work Take the Money and Run is also a recognition that works of art, despite intentions to the contrary, are part of a capitalist system that values a work based on some arbitrary conditions," the museum says in its exhibition guide. "Even the missing money in the work has a monetary value when it is called art and thus shows how the value of money is an abstract quantity."

[...][/i]
The museum got their money's worth.

And this didn't age well.....
"We are not a wealthy museum," Lasse Andersson, the museum's director, told The Guardian in 2021, explaining that the money came from reserves earmarked for the building's upkeep. "We have to think carefully about how we spend our funds

I am currently in conversation with 5 artists to work together to create a group installation. The idea is to activate a space that is partially indoors and partially out and has been vacant for decades. The opening date would be Day/Night 1 of Solstice 2024. Some of you who were recently in the Empire might remember "the grotto".

First principle I put out for them was, "art of art's sake".

Three jumped on the idea immediately. Hell yeah, we're in! Two are hesitating. No indication why. The concept of "exiting through the gift shop" was brought up and two immediately jumped on the idea of "monetization". I suspect we will have a serious discussion of monetization and ownership as things go on. It should be interesting.

The next Solstice event is June 21-22, 2024. You know where it is.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Visit my grift shop.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I've probably said this before but, it continues to astonish me how many people will sit online and complain but do absolutely nothing in real life to resolve their supposed issues.

latest example, youth sports.

all sorts of keyboard warriors about youth soccer and how they don't have this or that or thus is wrong or that is wrong etc. We need, we need, we should....

An event was organized to clean the fields, mow and create and line out/stripe the fields for all of the youth soccerers in the area. 3 people showed up. Total.

Me and 2 others. Total. For....I believe 12 fields in 3 locations. So, we cleaned, mowed tight, laid out and striped all of the damn fields to get ready for games that start today.

3 fucking people. I will continue to refresh the lines all season. Free of charge so these dozens and dozens of keyboarders can get online and blather on about what they need without ever putting any goddamn effort into anything they pretend to care about.

A social dilemma indeed.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:41 pm I've probably said this before but, it continues to astonish me how many people will sit online and complain but do absolutely nothing in real life to resolve their supposed issues.

latest example, youth sports.

all sorts of keyboard warriors about youth soccer and how they don't have this or that or thus is wrong or that is wrong etc. We need, we need, we should....

An event was organized to clean the fields, mow and create and line out/stripe the fields for all of the youth soccerers in the area. 3 people showed up. Total.

Me and 2 others. Total. For....I believe 12 fields in 3 locations. So, we cleaned, mowed tight, laid out and striped all of the damn fields to get ready for games that start today.

3 fucking people. I will continue to refresh the lines all season. Free of charge so these dozens and dozens of keyboarders can get online and blather on about what they need without ever putting any goddamn effort into anything they pretend to care about.

A social dilemma indeed.
You're a good man for doing what you did.
My perhaps worthless suggestion/s would be to somehow let the parents know what you and 2 other people did for them and their kids. Not to toot your own horn so much but more to educate them in regards to you and the two others dedicating your time and resources and how it would be nice if more parents were involved in what it takes for their kids to have the ability to do what they enjoy.
Also, maybe suggest at some point there is a dedicated day/evening for them and their kids TOGETHER to join you and the two others to at least watch if not participate so they can witness and appreciate what it is you do. Maybe play it off like you want the two others to get recognition and praise for their hard work more than it's about you?
Yeah, you'll probably get kickback about how busy they are and/or how much money they pay and blah blah blah but as someone who doesn't have money and has dedicated his time to helping "disadvantaged" kids, I assure you the kids enjoy actually seeing me helping them and interacting with them. It shows them I truly care about them.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I have an idea!

TDub, maybe you could start a rumor that the soccer fields are too "woke", and are trying to "groom" the kids?

If you're lucky, like school board meetings these days where people who have never bothered to ever attend a meeting before, including many without any children in school/playing soccer, will show up with a zealous, rabid passion, to take things over and "fix" things?

It's a proven method of motivating the otherwise disinterested, and moribund.
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I mean, I don't mind doing it. I'm just venting here in the safe space of Kcrim.

I'm more just amazed at the constant entitlement displayed by adults. So much complaining and so little action.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

old man rant #2

if you're coming into the hardware store to check on your job application, maybe don't wear your hello kitty pajama shortpant/hoodie sweatsuit?
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TDub wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:20 am I mean, I don't mind doing it. I'm just venting here in the safe space of Kcrim.

I'm more just amazed at the constant entitlement displayed by adults. So much complaining and so little action.
I would suggest not doing it again. Let the grass grow until the other parents start asking how it miraculously "just got done" the first time. Then you can tell them you and the other two did it the first time, and now it's some other parents turn to step up if they want the fields to look nice.

I know I prattle on, but bear with me. When my daughters were young I coached girl's basketball. I was the only parent who knew the game. After the second year the crap from the other parents took the fun out oof hit so I told them that one of them had to coach that year. NO....please, please, please take care of this for us.

One rule, if you tell me where your darling wants to play or how to coach, I hand you the clipboard and whistle and the job is immediately yours. After the second game a dad came over to tell me about how his daughter ( the tallest most uncoordinated girl on the team) really wanted to play PG and our practices should be more fun, less drills and more silly games to keep his daughter engaged. I gave him the clipboard and the whistle and went and sat in the stands for the rest of the year.

Your turn.

I enjoyed the games so much more up there.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KU buddy of mine this morning......

Posted a beautiful photo of the sunrise this morning and said this.....
"I hope everyone really appreciates the beauty that is all around us!
Let’s make something awesome happen today! Let me know if it does!"

I was really tempted to tell him I just took a marvelous dump.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Why does it smell like burnt hair in here today?

What have you sick fucks been up to?

The Saturday morning art coffee group met this morning on the roof of my office building. Now that the weather is nice we can leave my conference room and meet outside. We were discussing/describing past Solstice events for those who have not been to one.The story of how a taxidermy sasquatch appeared at the first Solstice was discussed. We know a guy who owns the thing, he made the documentary "Big Fur" and lives here in KC. In the annual international taxidermy contest there is a category for "imaginary creatures". Sasquatch won the category a few years back.

My mind wandered.....what if we made a taxidermy Jesus?

I was just thinking out loud here but the idea was met with much enthusiasm in the assembled group. I think we have the necessary skillset within our group to make this happen.

The owner of a large and ancient Wonder Bread delivery van was there. The van resides on a farm outside of Lawrence. The owner is determined to drive it across the Plains next summer to create a molten metal fountain in the middle of town. We have already cleared this with local law enforcement, they are excited about attending. This demonstration was discussed for inclusion in Solstice 2023 but the van's transmission went kaput and needed a new gearbox in March, so the idea was put on hold.

I heard from the leader of an art car group yesterday as well. He wants to hold an art car invasion in the Empire next summer.

Shit getting real bitches.