Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:13 am there’s actually only two people on their phones (out of 13 in the image)
Yes. Excellent point! It is only two. Although, it's one more than I would be happy with if I was sitting with the person on the phone and trying to have a conversation with him/her.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:45 am one person at each table on a phone, might as well all be at that point
Yes
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I thought you were going to say the near-sighted photographer's glasses. He has recently returned from India. He was, I believe, an artilleryman based on his boots and leathery tan. He has two children, one quite small. His absence has been acutely felt based on the bouquet of flowers he had. I believe he has been seen in the company of the gambler, young Adair.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:53 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:13 am there’s actually only two people on their phones (out of 13 in the image)
Yes. Excellent point! It is only two. Although, it's one more than I would be happy with if I was sitting with the person on the phone and trying to have a conversation with him/her.
i don’t disagree at all

the wife and i often take count of phone use and lack of conversation when we’re out to dinner
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:12 am no ketchup bottle on the table. that is odd.

posting a picture of your friends on a college basketball chat forum. that is odd.
That's two odd things you have shared. That's it? What about two guys at her table wearing pink? Or maybe only one person is wearing glasses? What about the artwork in which it appears someone ate a box of crayons and vomited on a canvas? Maybe also the person's hair in the sitting at the table with the woman on her phone?

I don't find no ketchup bottle on the table to be odd.
My posting a picture of my friend on an "Off Topic" forum is probably odd. Guilty as charged.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:57 am I thought you were going to say the near-sighted photographer's glasses. He has recently returned from India. He was, I believe, an artilleryman based on his boots and leathery tan. He has two children, one quite small. His absence has been acutely felt based on the bouquet of flowers he had. I believe he has been seen in the company of the gambler, young Adair.
Yes
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Watch those air-rifle fired .45 soft revolver bullets, Gutter. Moran cheats.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i love all of the responses gutter’s posts elicit

contrast that with mich’s posts

odd is chastising gutter for sharing
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:02 am Watch those air-rifle fired .45 soft revolver bullets, Gutter. Moran cheats.
'preciate it!
Fwiw (an empty wine glass on one of the tables in the photo and a post on here) I believe the eye glasses on the table belong to the guy in the pink polo shirt.
The coincidental thing is my friend was married to an eye surgeon before she was with her new guy (in the pink polo shirt).
I have a great story on how I met my friend but I'll save it for a rainy day.
Ummmmm. Today is a rainy day. Maybe I'll save it for Christmas.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:15 am i love all of the responses gutter’s posts elicit

One thing I think we can all agree on is that Gutter is odd. Very odd.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:12 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:15 am i love all of the responses gutter’s posts elicit

eh…i wouldn’t agree with “very”

and, everyone is odd. normalcy is a fallacy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:17 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:12 pm

eh…i wouldn’t agree with “very”

and, everyone is odd. normalcy is a fallacy
Yes!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:05 am Friend of mine in the photo. The woman with the 3 guys.
Anyway/s, there is something in the photo that made me roll my eyes and shake my head.
Any guesses what?
The art in the background makes me roll my eyes and shake my head.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

japhy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:00 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:05 am Friend of mine in the photo. The woman with the 3 guys.
Anyway/s, there is something in the photo that made me roll my eyes and shake my head.
Any guesses what?
The art in the background makes me roll my eyes and shake my head.
As I said to MICH, "What about the artwork in which it appears someone ate a box of crayons and vomited on a canvas?"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I hate fancy restaurants and pretentious people. That's what I keep landing on when I look at that picture.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:44 pm I hate fancy restaurants and pretentious people. That's what I keep landing on when I look at that picture.
I dislike fancy restaurants too. I just don't appreciate them.
They are dining at a place called Gibsons Italia.
I'm not sure I would label it "fancy" per se but no doubt there are pretentious people who eat there.

This an old review but gives you a good idea of a meal there.

https://www.chicagomag.com/chicago-maga ... ia-review/
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:06 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:44 pm I hate fancy restaurants and pretentious people. That's what I keep landing on when I look at that picture.
I dislike fancy restaurants too. I just don't appreciate them.
They are dining at a place called Gibsons Italia.
I'm not sure I would label it "fancy" per se but no doubt there are pretentious people who eat there.

This an old review but gives you a good idea of a meal there.

https://www.chicagomag.com/chicago-maga ... ia-review/
I don't like pretentious, but I love fancy restaurants.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I've worked in a couple fancy restaurants have friends that still do.

I like em.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

The key is how does one define a "fancy" restaurant? What does that really mean?
If eating at a "nice" and fairly expensive restaurant equates to "fancy", then I like some/many "fancy" restaurants.
As far as the term "fine dinning", that makes me laugh.
If I am hungry and in the mood, fast food is more than "fine" to me.

I am surprised my photo yesterday garnered so many wonderful responses.

Let's try a new photo today. This was taken exactly 12 years ago today.

There is something in particular in the photo that makes me laugh. What do you think/know it is?

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

is that bruce weber?