Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by twocoach »

I wonder if I'll ever get my first stimulus check before the second ones go out...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconn ... lus-checks
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We got ours, used it to pay taxes. Came in pretty handy.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:25 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:02 am To cycle back around, Trump has handed out a ton of lifetime federal judge positions throughout the system and we will feel the ramifications of those appointments for the next generation.
And to cycle back around again (please let this go better this time)....do you feel that way based on the character of those judges and past decisions those judges have made or mostly because it was trump who chose them? No wrong answers so dont feel like you have to try to provide one answer or the other. Just genuinely curious. A few (maybe even more than a few) clearly stick out based on the short time i spent reading on some of them just now....but at the same i feel like many judges are capable of separation of personal beliefs/politics from their decisions.
I am not ignoring this; just stuck in a Webex meeting hell cycle today. I do have some concerns about rulings being made by some Trump appointed judges. I just need more time than I have right now to discuss them further.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:37 pm We got ours, used it to pay taxes. Came in pretty handy.
We got our "love me because I gave you money" letter from Trump months ago.

Still no money. Wading through a ridiculous IVR phone hell to try to track it down.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I pay taxes. Plenty of taxes. I don't get a "stimulus check" because according to the IRS I "make" too much money. Really?
My salary is not "too much" but my "bonuses"/"compensation" and contributions to "funds" put me over the "limit".
So here I am getting fucked because I pay the government too much money in taxes?
Thankfully I don't "need' the money but I could definitely use it.
This may be a dumb question but wouldn't the government also want to give money to people who don't "need" it if the purpose of it is allegedly to be "stimulus" money?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Gutter, I think the rational is that people who need it most will spend it quickly and locally and stimulate the local economy. People that "make too much" will squirrel it away for a rainy day and take that money out of circulation.

Be happy you don't need it.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:16 pm Gutter, I think the rational is that people who need it most will spend it quickly and locally and stimulate the local economy. People that "make too much" will squirrel it away for a rainy day and take that money out of circulation.

Yeah, that was my approach too...at first. Then I saw all the multi-billion dollar corporations receiving multi-million dollars in gov't money. Kinda soured me on the whole thing.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

There is that.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:16 pm Gutter, I think the rational is that people who need it most will spend it quickly and locally and stimulate the local economy. People that "make too much" will squirrel it away for a rainy day and take that money out of circulation.

Could have addressed the problem by issuing it on prepaid debit cards.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:37 pm We got ours, used it to pay taxes. Came in pretty handy.
We put ours into the kids college saving plan. Definitely handy.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:38 pm I am not ignoring this; just stuck in a Webex meeting hell cycle today. I do have some concerns about rulings being made by some Trump appointed judges. I just need more time than I have right now to discuss them further.
No worries. I truly wasnt trying to be rude with my original question.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I mean, she's not wrong.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:43 am Why are they problematic for you or is it simply because they were picked by trump? That was the question. It wasnt a "gotcha" question. Your answer can be "because trump picked them and he rarely gets anything right" and i would have been TOTALLY fine with it since i feel that way about a ton of shit he does.

This is the same thing you did about the china ban. You dont know why you hated it, you just know you hate it, and you hate that it wasnt a full ban, but not because you wanted a full ban, but just because trump used the word ban when it wasnt really a ban.
Because a number of them have long histories of ruling against abortion, against workers rights, against LGBTQ rights, etc... This Stuart Kyle Duncan character down in Louisiana is wreaking havoc on women's rights. The sheer volume of cases that will be presented by The Federalist Society appointed judges is staggering. To put it mildly, I don't share a lot of platform stances with The Federalist Society.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:21 pm
I mean, she's not wrong.
The see you next tuesday lied today. Did anyone see her face today during the President's presser?
I think she may have shit in her Barbie panties.
He was asked about something she claimed (that he's tested multiple times a day) - and he denied it.
In fact, he said he's not even tested daily. He said he takes a test every two days, three days.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Grandma wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:08 pm
I mean, she's not wrong.
The see you next tuesday lied today. Did anyone see her face today during the President's presser?
He was asked about something she claimed (that he's tested multiple times a day) - and he denied it.
In fact, he said he's not even tested daily. He said he takes a test every two days, three days.
I’m just saying Trump has been quite consistent about wearing a mask.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:20 pm
Grandma wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:08 pm

I mean, she's not wrong.
I’m just saying Trump has been quite consistent about wearing a mask.
Well, until yesterday
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:02 pm

They have switched to that now. Ours is coming as a prepaid Visa debit card.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:37 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:02 pm

They have switched to that now. Ours is coming as a prepaid Visa debit card.
It's gonna have trump's stoopid face on it.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Anyone think that the reason that the stormtroopers in Portland don’t have any identifying information on them is because they are Russians from Putin’s Army? It’s probably why Barr and Trump are able to use them at will.

I haven’t found a YouTube video that corroborated the theory (yet) but do we have any evidence that they aren’t?