What happened to the immigration thread?

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:23 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:35 pm
Sparko wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:28 pm Racism at the southern border sells to the base. It is the one issue they go to when trying to block every piece of legislation. It is more effective than forcing births. Try to compromise then you get the Ousdahl purity blowback.
Illustrative of the walls closing in.

Women's rights is now a losing issue (even when they mash the buttons that used to work, it's now blood from a turnip). They can't be anti-Russia (because, ya know, they're openly not). Economy is, broadly speaking, humming. Trump is death at the ballot box but they can't cover him negatively.

There are only so many things left that still have some tread on the tires.
This is why the Republicans would never support any viable/sustainable solution. There wouldn’t be a car left for that dog to chase. All other cars have been caught!!
Thank heaven tax cuts for the rich pay for themselves!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

AOC saying the quiet part out loud. The democrats are deliberately allowing illegal immigration to convert them into citizens/votes. It's always been the plan

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C10bwacL ... 9pZjUyNzQ0
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What a plan! First get rich republicans dependent on exploiting immigrants in ever increasing numbers. Second, let the republican base think they are a threat by getting Fox News to spew racist bullshit for 20 years. Three. Allow republicans to use the issue to prevent voting in populations they don't like. Four. Profit.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:54 pm AOC saying the quiet part out loud. The democrats are deliberately allowing illegal immigration to convert them into citizens/votes. It's always been the plan

THe GREAT REPLACEMENT

(brought to you by instagram)

fucking idiot
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:34 am
randylahey wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:54 pm AOC saying the quiet part out loud. The democrats are deliberately allowing illegal immigration to convert them into citizens/votes. It's always been the plan

THe GREAT REPLACEMENT

fucking idiot
They don't want to replace anyone. They want to keep your tax dollars forever.

They just want to import enough votes so that yours becomes powerless and they can control everything
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i stopped being scared of the boogeyman around, like, the age of 5
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Randy finally provides a link to a source:

"Sorry, this page isn't available.
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed. "

I assume you're referencing these comments from back in October.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/aoc ... 00863.html

She's not wrong. If we had the proper number of judges in place (you can thank the Republican House of Reps for that hold up) we could better process the backlog of documents and cases and get these pending cases resolved so that we can either deport the people whose applications are denied or get the approved cases working and paying taxes.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:45 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:34 am

THe GREAT REPLACEMENT

fucking idiot
They don't want to replace anyone. They want to keep your tax dollars forever.

They just want to import enough votes so that yours becomes powerless and they can control everything
They don't want to replace anyone, they just want to illegally add more illegal brown illegal voters so that white voters' voting power is diluted down.

Do I have this right?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:26 am

She's not wrong. If we had the proper number of judges in place (you can thank the Republican House of Reps for that hold up) we could better process the backlog of documents and cases and get these pending cases resolved so that we can either deport the people whose applications are denied or get the approved cases working and paying taxes.
Got taken down no surprise. Her Freudian slip was selling out her parties agenda.

Why do democrats always feel the solution is MORE government

When government created the crisis in the beginning. If we weren't incentivizing illegal immigration by giving them free shit, there wouldn't be such a rush to get here

But that's all part of the plan to lure illegals into the states, and at some point to get the legislation together to convert illegals into legal votes
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:39 am

Got taken down no surprise. Her Freudian slip was selling out her parties agenda.

When government created the crisis in the beginning. If we weren't incentivizing illegal immigration by giving them free shit, there wouldn't be such a rush to get here

But that's all part of the plan to lure illegals into the states, and at some point to get the legislation together to convert illegals into legal votes
Like I've said, it must really be something to live in a Dan Brown novel.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:39 am

It's like you're just throwing buzzwords at the conversation at this point. The Dems should do something about illegal immigration but at the same time are stupid for thinking the solution is more government.

The government isn't creating the immigration crisis. The US being a better place to live, work and raise a family than the repulsive, corrupt and dangerous countries south of our border and around the world are creating it. People aren't moving here because the government might give them some "free shit".
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:58 pm People aren't moving here because the government might give them some "free shit".
there is no chance you typed that without laughing at yourself.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wonder how those countries south of the border got so repulsive, corrupt, and dangerous
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:01 pm I wonder how those countries south of the border got so repulsive, corrupt, and dangerous
We need to check our own government because that's the direction our country has been heading for awhile
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:01 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:58 pm People aren't moving here because the government might give them some "free shit".
there is no chance you typed that without laughing at yourself.
The gleeful, giggling contempt you have for people who aspire and choose to be vilified and marginalized and live in poverty and in the gray here, because the worst life here is better than what's available to them somewhere else, is really something to behold.

"Greatest country in the world," you say, but what you do not add out loud is "(so long as no more pesky immigrants come in.").
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

give me an illegal immigrant willing to walk thousands of miles risking life and limb for the mere chance at a better life, over randi 11 times out of 10 and 7 days a week (twice on sundays)
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:56 pm give me an illegal immigrant willing to walk thousands of miles risking life and limb for the mere chance at a better life, over randi 11 times out of 10 and 7 days a week (twice on sundays)
This
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:56 pm give me an illegal immigrant willing to walk thousands of miles risking life and limb for the mere chance at a better life, over randi 11 times out of 10 and 7 days a week (twice on sundays)
Me too.
Meanwhile.....
The majority of illegal immigrants aren't walking 1000s of miles risking life and limb.
Some/many illegal immigrants are resorting to criminal behavior once they get here.
Many/most of them are living better lives in the USA than some/many/most/all of our homeless veterans.
I have a problem with my last two sentences.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:37 am
Me too.
Meanwhile.....
The majority of illegal immigrants aren't walking 1000s of miles risking life and limb.
Some/many illegal immigrants are resorting to criminal behavior once they get here.
Many/most of them are living better lives in the USA than some/many/most/all of our homeless veterans.
i don’t disagree

why bring up the vets though? it’s not like it’s one or the other. we’ve had issues with our treatment of vets for decades
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:48 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:37 am
Me too.
Meanwhile.....
i don’t disagree

why bring up the vets though? it’s not like it’s one or the other. we’ve had issues with our treatment of vets for decades
Good question on why did I bring up the vets and I don't have a solid answer other than......
I agree with you that we have had issues with the treatment of our vets for decades.
I also agree with you it's not like it's one or the other - nor should it be.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.