Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:35 pm dammit...missed a coyote by about 1 inch over his back. Bastard was watching my chickens again. Shouldve taken 5 seconds to get rested instead of shooting from a half walk. He'll be back...
I'm a good shot, next time you see it, text me.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:59 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:35 pm dammit...missed a coyote by about 1 inch over his back. Bastard was watching my chickens again. Shouldve taken 5 seconds to get rested instead of shooting from a half walk. He'll be back...
all I could do was shake my head. he was only 100 yds away, for some reason I held high and aimed like he was 400 yards away. dumbass
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:09 pm
all I could do was shake my head. he was only 100 yds away, for some reason I held high and aimed like he was 400 yards away. dumbass
Perhaps you forgot to compensate for the curvature of the earth?
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:12 pm

I thought randy said the earth was flat. dammit. Thats probably my error.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:14 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:12 pm

I thought randy said the earth was flat. dammit. Thats probably my error.
Thanks, it's good to be reminded.
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

100 yards?

I could choose which eyeball…or which testicle I want to shoot
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:49 pm 100 yards?

shot fired
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yep, not my best moment. was too confident, shooting while walking, aiming high, all bad calls
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:19 pm

yep, not my best moment. was too confident, shooting while walking, aiming high, all bad calls
Center mass..1/4” per 100yards…with a range appropriate round
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:22 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:19 pm

Center mass..1/4” per 100yards…with a range appropriate round
yea, theoretically I know that, I mean, I've hunted...for some reason i held two hashmarks high as if the damn thing was way out there. I just blew it, plain and simple. Embarrassing moment in time.

the good news, they're here often,
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Travis Kelce dropped two balls and fumbled on the eight yard line last week. Even the greats make mistakes.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

To anyone reading this that has had a bad start to their day, at least your day started better than this.....
Car somehow drove/made it in to "the lake" (Lake Michigan right off of Chicago Avenue).

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

PLEASE make sense of this for me......
Co-worker was clearly sick last week. Came in to work saying she felt like shit. She felt like she had a fever. She was coughing like crazy with phlegm. Etc.
Today she said she's still sick and NOT coming in to work.
She knew she was sick last week and still came in to work. No consideration and no problem exposing all of us who work with her - and were going to spend time with family and loved ones over the long Thanksgiving holiday break.
Today she says she's still sick so she isn't going to come in to work.
Why the fuck didn't she stay home last week - and why is she staying home today?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Because she is tired after a long weekend of hanging with family and friends?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:48 am PLEASE make sense of this for me......
Co-worker was clearly sick last week. Came in to work saying she felt like shit. She felt like she had a fever. She was coughing like crazy with phlegm. Etc.
She knew she was sick last week and still came in to work. No consideration and no problem exposing all of us who work with her - and were going to spend time with family and loved ones over the long Thanksgiving holiday break.
Why the fuck didn't she stay home last week - and why is she staying home today?
There's a stigma in our society that anyone who calls into work "sick", is malingering, i.e., exaggerating or feigning illness in order to escape duty or work, until proven otherwise.

To wit: One Saturday morning while on call for myself and the other 9 physicians in my practice, I could tell I had yet another kidney stone coming on. The last thing I would ever want anyone to think was that I was lazy, unreliable, or unwilling to pull my weight. So, with ~ 40 patients to see in the hospital that day, I kept rounding and seeing our patients as fast as I could. Eventually tho, it was becoming obvious that I wasn't going to be able to finish seeing them before the end of the day, so I called one of my partners who was my "backup". (Something I had never done before or would ever do afterwards, because when any of us weren't on call for the group, we deserved to be "off".) My partner showed up and we divided the patients and kept going while my kidney stone became worse and worse. At one point, by chance, I happened to run into my partner in a hallway, which was not a given because the hospital was 11 stories tall. We were standing there talking and another physician we knew walked up to join the conversation, when I suddenly passed out due to the pain. Fortunately, they caught me before I hit the floor. They put me in a wheelchair and took me to the ER. I worked 16 hours the next day seeing our patients after passing the stone overnight.

True story.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:27 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:48 am PLEASE make sense of this for me......
There's a stigma in our society that anyone who calls into work "sick", is malingering, i.e., exaggerating or feigning illness in order to escape duty or work, until proven otherwise.

To wit: One Saturday morning while on call for myself and the other 9 physicians in my practice, I could tell I had yet another kidney stone coming on. The last thing I would ever want anyone to think was that I was lazy, unreliable, or unwilling to pull my weight. So, with ~ 40 patients to see in the hospital that day, I kept rounding and seeing our patients as fast as I could. Eventually tho, it was becoming obvious that I wasn't going to be able to finish seeing them before the end of the day, so I called one of my partners who was my "backup". (Something I had never done before or would ever do afterwards, because when any of us weren't on call for the group, we deserved to be "off".) My partner showed up and we divided the patients and kept going while my kidney stone became worse and worse. At one point, by chance, I happened to run into my partner in a hallway, which was not a given because the hospital was 11 stories tall. We were standing there talking and another physician we knew walked up to join the conversation, when I suddenly passed out due to the pain. Fortunately, they caught me before I hit the floor. They put me in a wheelchair and took me to the ER. I worked 16 hours the next day seeing our patients after passing the stone overnight.

True story.
Crazy story!
A. You are dedicated.
B. You have a much more important job than my co-worker.
C. I couldn't pass a kidney stone for a week. Not too sure why they waited an entire week (being that the majority of the time I was in excruciating pain) but they finally gave me a "Ureteroscopy".
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:38 am

True story.
Crazy story!
A. You are dedicated.
C. I couldn't pass a kidney stone for a week. Not too sure why they waited an entire week (being that the majority of the time I was in excruciating pain) but they finally gave me a "Ureteroscopy".
Maybe your dick is so small, they couldn't find your urethra to thread the catheter into?

just spitballing, I could be wrong...
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:48 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:38 am

True story.
Crazy story!
A. You are dedicated.
Maybe your dick is so small, they couldn't find your urethra to thread the catheter into?

just spitballing, I could be wrong...
Yes, my dick is so small but they never made the effort until after I suffered for a week.

Back to my original post this morning......
Yep, go figure. Someone else I directly work with is out today with Covid.
Someone in the office today is obviously sick. She claims she is "fine". Nope. Not fine. Sick.
That's life in the big city.
I suppose I can lie and say I feel sick and go home to avoid the people in the office who are truly sick.
It's a no win situation for me.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i praise people that come to work when they are not feeling well. means they're rugged. and almost certainly boomers or gen x. we will power through anything.

they are most certainly not millenials or gen z. they are the opposite of rugged.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:38 am i praise people that come to work when they are not feeling well. means they're rugged. and almost certainly boomers or gen x. we will power through anything.

they are most certainly not millenials or gen z. they are the opposite of rugged.
You really should write a book of your clever quips.

It would read a lot like Naked Lunch, but without the sentence structure.