Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:34 pm I dunno. I saw this, and it made me miss Leawood.

Lol
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hot water tank element replaced. hot water back on at TDubs. For now.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:15 pm hot water tank element replaced. hot water back on at TDubs. For now.
Yay! Glad it was the first thing you tried.

99 could use a shower, and now that you have hot water...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Wait, what?
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:36 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:15 pm hot water tank element replaced. hot water back on at TDubs. For now.
Yay! Glad it was the first thing you tried.

99 could use a shower, and now that you have hot water...
element was in pretty bad shape....decent chance a tank replacement is on the menu in the future...

but, functional for now
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

defixione wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:32 am Yes. The initial cost for purchase and installation is about 50% more than the traditional hot water heater. We've had one in our home for over 20 years and we installed one in our property in the Empire. We noticed an almost instantaneous savings in our gas bills each month because the unit only heats the water when you ask for it. Traditional hot water heaters may go through six or seven cycles per day depending on the temperature you have set on the tank. I don't think I have installed a traditional hot water heater in over 15 years, most of my clients want the hot water on demand units.
Circulating pumps! In my house we use a circulating pump that is on a timer because the bedroom we use is farthest away from the water heater (when this one was installed tankless heater was just coming out*). It’s a good two minutes of running the water before we get hot water. We put the circulation on between 5:30-9 am. Instant hot water. They are about $150

At our home where my daughter lives it gets well below freezing for a good part of the year and we have set the timer to circulate water for 30 minutes every other hour (the timer setting is in 15 minute increments) to keep the water in the pipes from freezing. When we do have to replace the heater we’ll go with tankless.

*we replaced our gas heater with an electric because we installed solar power in our home. Since it’s time-of-use pricing for electricity we put the heater on a timer. It’s only powered for about 14 hours (10 pm-noon). For the two of us we always have hot water
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:43 pmWait, what?
With the hotel photo, I was thinking "Dark Water" horror
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

In today's episode of another day of being Gutter....
I just saw a jumper. Yes, dead. On the ground. Co-workers actually saw him jump.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hey I've seen one of those. not great, not fun. I'm fairly certain I've told the story here before. saw the whole thing, His head came off on impact (swan dive/scorpion landing) and bounced across the street.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Yikes
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:09 pm hey I've seen one of those. not great, not fun. I'm fairly certain I've told the story here before. saw the whole thing, His head came off on impact (swan dive/scorpion landing) and bounced across the street.
I don't think I could handle seeing that. I kept checking on one of my co-workers who witnessed today's tragedy to see if he was ok. Originally he told me he was still processing it. Seemed to be ok later in the afternoon. I don't know why it seems some people have some type of psychological defense system and others do not.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I have seen 2 heads and 3 bodies missing a head.

In one day
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:19 pm I have seen 2 heads and 3 bodies missing a head.

In one day

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that reminds me, did anyone else swap body parts among their GI Joes?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 am that reminds me, did anyone else swap body parts among their GI Joes?
Excellent question! Not body parts but I did swap heads on my sister's dolls. Most of the time she thought is was funny. Thus, why I continued to do it. Then one time she got pissed. I never did it again.

My mother bought me Barbie dolls because she wanted me to grow up treating women with love and respect.
My father bought me a G.I. Joe because he wanted me to grown up having a strong male role model to "play" with.
I turned out bi-sexual.

None of those 3 last sentences are/were true. At least in regards to my parents buying me the dolls and my being bi-sexual.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

In today's edition of being Gutter....
Company holiday party tonight.
Building (residence) holiday party tonight.
Lots of food at both and of course both at the same time/s.
I have to attend my work party but my building party will provide better food (meaning food I prefer - not necessarily "better" food).
I have lived in the building since 2008 - moved in the day KU won the National Championship.
Different owners through the years but here is some math I just did that blew my mind.
I figured I have paid close to a half a million dollars in rent since I have lived in the building.
No one owes me anything for my stupidity but wouldn't it be nice if I asked the building to make me a "to go" package worth about $10 to them as a thank you for my loyalty - and they obliged.
Funny thing is one women in the management office would probably love to do it for me because she's a sweetheart. The other one, would either tell me to get fucked or poison my food.

Regardless of all that shit I just wrote, tonight is the first night of Hanukkah.
All that and $2.99 gets me a pair of shoelaces and a bunch of drunk loud and obnoxious co-workers to deal with for about 4 hours before I come home and light the menorah.
I'd rather eat a combination of glass and live bees.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

do you have to stay at the office party for four hours?

show up right at the start, mingle enough so that you’re noticed, then dip out discretely…an hour or hour and a half tops. then go get you some choice grub
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 am that reminds me, did anyone else swap body parts among their GI Joes?
Used to swap heads and arms on my sister's barbies and claim it was paranormal to freak her out.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:30 am do you have to stay at the office party for four hours?

show up right at the start, mingle enough so that you’re noticed, then dip out discretely…an hour or hour and a half tops. then go get you some choice grub
This
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Overlander wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:19 pm I have seen 2 heads and 3 bodies missing a head.

In one day
I once had to ask my partner over and over "What's in the box?"

When I found out -- it was a head -- I had to (got to?) shoot Kevin Spacey several times.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto