GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Video Games

Post by pdub »

Possible. But they dropped the price and added a bundle with games included when I bought the ps4.

It’s more about the games.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:32 pm I really want a 1UP NBA Jam...
I think we’ve settled on getting one of those thousands-in-one cabinets. The utility and value proposition wins out over the aesthetics.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cyberpunk 2077 releases tomorrow. Really excited to get my hands on this. Sounds like a humongous world with nearly endless amounts of options. I love open ended games where you have a ton of options outside of the core linear story line.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

is that the one Keanu Reeves is pimping?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:13 am is that the one Keanu Reeves is pimping?
Yes, he does one of the characters.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

twocoach wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:45 am Cyberpunk 2077 releases tomorrow. Really excited to get my hands on this. Sounds like a humongous world with nearly endless amounts of options. I love open ended games where you have a ton of options outside of the core linear story line.
After 2 hours of loading and updating, it is finally ready to play. Went through the character creation and then shut it down. Gonna spend a fat chunk of time on this tonight. You know it's a big game when it comes with a paper map included with it.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man don't you hate waiting. Gone are the days where you open the game and play. Now you have to download the game and have a multiple hour wait before playing.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

twocoach wrote: You know it's a big game when it comes with a paper map included with it.
lol...that was my thought when i hit RDRII
Deleted User 89

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:55 pm Man don't you hate waiting. Gone are the days where you open the game and play. Now you have to download the game and have a multiple hour wait before playing.
same thing happens when i haven’t played a particular game in a while...there’s almost always some bs update that i have to wait for

only occasionally does it do anything noticeable for the game
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:55 pm Man don't you hate waiting. Gone are the days where you open the game and play. Now you have to download the game and have a multiple hour wait before playing.
The damn game just got released to the public today as version 1.0 and it already had a version 1.02 to download. You've been developing the game for 8 fucking years, hire some better testers!

I suppose it's good they fix stuff as they find it but come on.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:56 pm
twocoach wrote: You know it's a big game when it comes with a paper map included with it.
I still love and play that game. Working through my 2nd run at 100% completion.
Deleted User 89

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:09 pm
100% of the whole thing? or just completion of the story line?

i’m on my second run at the story line, but have yet to complete 100% of everything...that’s nuts
Deleted User 89

RDRII is the most visually beautiful game i’ve played
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's gorgeous.
I'd add The Last of Us 2 in there if talking pure realism.
I'd also throw in Skyrim and Windwaker.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:33 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:09 pm
100% of the whole thing? or just completion of the story line?

i’m on my second run at the story line, but have yet to complete 100% of everything...that’s nuts
Whole thing. I am at 97.7% right now, where it will sit until I get bored with this new game. I mostly need to find all the weird weapons still. I get a little OCD when it comes to.collectibles and achievable accomplishments in games. It's a thing, yeah I know. It goes a lot faster the 2nd time once you know all the things to do as you go through the story.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Kids got Oculus Quest 2 for Christmas. That shit is wild.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I got one for my wife--ordered it from Occulus 6 weeks before Christmas--and it will be here on the 11th. She's already collecting sleuth type games. Her first purchase was the Myst VR series.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:33 pm Kids got Oculus Quest 2 for Christmas. That shit is wild.
Is it good? I read a few bad reviews about the hardware etc... and got scared off it a bit. How old are your kids, can they figure out how to do the games?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Oh, and if you are on a PS4/XB1, do not buy Cyberpunk 2077. It was not tested well on current gen hardware and is thus a buggy piece of shit. The game had the potential to be great but dropped the ball in a dozen key areas.

There are many parts of the game I really love but too many parts that suck and too many crashes to a blue screen of death. Whoever was in charge of testing should be fired. Lots of pointless parts and undeveloped possibilities. My guess is that developer lost out on billions of potential lost dollars.

Check back in 4 months to see if they have fixed the problems. Otherwise, save your money.