OU Game

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: OU Game

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Baylor and that isn’t even a question. Baylor still had Uber talent. This program had next to nothing in terms of talent and depth.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I'm just glad that we have a bonafide head coach, and a hope and a prayer to hold onto. We only needed one.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

vmlb wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:50 pm You can be like MM and blame the refs all you want, but I remember us missing numerous tackles at the end of the game.
Well sure, when the game was out of reach. But that Personal Foul was Bs when they already had a holding called. Negated a 2nd and long play coming up. The no call on the DPI was still when the game was still a 1 score game.

That was the stretch of the game.

Dropped 4th down. Dropped pick 6. BS personal foul. Then the next KU drive is the no call DPI. Those 5 minutes of game time turned the tide of the game from a close game to a semi blowout.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

What we really need is about 50 better players.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:41 pm
vmlb wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:50 pm You can be like MM and blame the refs all you want, but I remember us missing numerous tackles at the end of the game.
Well sure, when the game was out of reach. But that Personal Foul was Bs when they already had a holding called. Negated a 2nd and long play coming up. The no call on the DPI was still when the game was still a 1 score game.

Dropped 4th down. Dropped pick 6. BS personal foul. Then the next KU drive is the no call DPI. Those 5 minutes of game time turned the tide of the game from a close game to a semi blowout.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

vmlb wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:53 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:41 pm

I remember us being up when the PI call was missed. After that missed call we had numerous missed tackles on a fourth down. Had we tackled Young, we would have won the game. Since I'm an old man, my memory could be in question.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:35 pm Baylor and that isn’t even a question. Baylor still had Uber talent. This program had next to nothing in terms of talent and depth.
Wasn't their only victory against us that year? With Uber talent, should have they won more games?