kstate game

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: kstate game

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:15 am Frosh year for all of me, your bro, holidays, Russell Robinson, Sasha Kaun, Darnell Jackson (senior class of 08 championship and the class to start the streak of 14), and all of the Seniors and RS Juniors on the 2007 football team.

You're welcome.
I mean, I was born in Lawrence and lived there for 24 years, so...
you're welcome.
surly

Post by surly »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm Image

Yeah, those aren't it. Those do look like the new adidas template that ASU and other 'flagship' adidas schools have been rocking.
Taters in solid purple.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:15 am Frosh year for all of me, your bro, holidays, Russell Robinson, Sasha Kaun, Darnell Jackson (senior class of 08 championship and the class to start the streak of 14), and all of the Seniors and RS Juniors on the 2007 football team.

You're welcome.
I will be wearing a KU #5 game jersey. If you see me I will buy you a White Claw. That offer also stands for you too, Newton.

Yes I was their in 04 for that game against Tech. Webb missed a couple of FGs late that would have done it. That team was still learning to win. Also makes me shake my head at what a talent wasted John Randle was. Sheez.

Ah yes, the good ol Texas game. Ala the 'swim move' by Charles Gordon that got called for an OPI. My roommate was a quasi Nick Reid fan and Reid had Young dead to right to potentially save that game and Young dropped him. If I remember correctly it was an early kick, it was freezing and there couldn't have been more than 15k students at kick. By the time the game ended the student section was about full. I have a screen shot from YouTube some where of my buddies and I standing front row going crazy for the Fox Sports cameras.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Nick Reid had more juice than a vineyard, but all of those early guys were entirely likable.

I didn't think I'd ever see a corner as talented as Gordon at KU and then Aqib showed up.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Hahaha spot on. I lived in the Towers, D Block my last three years and I got to know and hang out with a lot of those guys.

Chuck was a ball gamer. Never the fastest guy in the world but he was so technically sound. Not a bad WR either. His almost TD against Mizzou is one of my favorite plays in KU football history.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:10 pm Hahaha spot on. I lived in the Towers, D Block my last three years and I got to know and hang out with a lot of those guys.

Chuck was a ball gamer. Never the fastest guy in the world but he was so technically sound. Not a bad WR either. His almost TD against Mizzou is one of my favorite plays in KU football history.
Charles was so incredibly slow relatively speaking, but one of the most fundamental players that I've ever seen. Always in the right spot, always in position to make plays and usually made the plays when he it was time.

Was fun to see Talib and Gordon on the field together for a year. If Gordon didn't leave after his junior year, 2006 would have been a fun year because that's when Talib took off as well.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Seeing Talib against Toledo in 07 was one of my favorite memories in Memorial stadium. It is the second oldest football stadium now?
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Memorial not even in top 10 oldest.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Lee Corso just picked KU to beat ksu.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Rock Chalk we can win this game. Need the D to get some stops. We going to score some points. It would be huge to get out to a lead.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Ugh.....predictable start. Should have went for it on 4th down
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Thompson is the only asshat to account for in their offense. Hit him every single snap
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Does Dearmon have a brother who knows anything about coaching defense?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

An odd thing: refs keep mismarking the spots on first down. Or call PI pretty much all year in conference
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Have to play run.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We gonna try to win from down 20 this week?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Jesus fucking christ, missed sack on 3rd down is an absolute killer
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

defense is gonna have to do something
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »