It’s the first game of the year

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: It’s the first game of the year

Post by pdub »

This may be the homer in me, but I think we affected Duke's shooting more than they affected our turnovers.

Many of the turnovers were our own doing.
Duke was bothered into poor shots.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Duke REALLY struggled against KUs length. They had some bad shots when in a typical possession, they got a ton of easy points off those 30 turnovers. If KU cuts those turnovers down to just 20, they easily win.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

KU played like it was November 5th. duke played like it was November 5th. khintuckey played like it was November 5th. sparty played like it was November 5th. Playing like it is November 5th is a by-product of playing top competition on November 5th.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

After thinking about it for a while, here's my thought.

Self can play all 10 guys at any time. He's that comfortable. The team is just not comfortable with each other yet outside of the top 5 guys.

Self will pull anyone for a period of time if he's not playing well. Any of the bench guys (Moss, Braun, Enaruna, Wilson and DMac) can play significant minutes and play them well.

Sloppy play can be fixed, but the guys played hard, played outstanding defense and did enough to win outside of the turnovers. And I bet Kansas won't have more than 20 TOs in a game this year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I'm very excited about our new rotation of bigs. I think this team is going to be rock solid by February.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I think that at some point in late January/early February we will lose two games in a row and will barely beat "a team we should have killed" at home and the meltdown/FiRE biLL SElf/Doyel self-flagellation/etc. will return for about two weeks until we pull away and win the league by 3 games.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Doyel is amusing at times. He called the Duke team a bunch of turds, as if we just lost to Emporia State.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:01 pm This may be the homer in me, but I think we affected Duke's shooting more than they affected our turnovers.

Many of the turnovers were our own doing.
Duke was bothered into poor shots.
this is my take as well