This week in feminism...

Ugh.
Deleted User 104

Re: This week in feminism...

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Mike has been wrong about many things, but he is right about how the Last Jedi suffered due to putting identity politics over story. Putting an agenda into a movie does not = a good story. We'll just have to wait and see if Disney was dumb enough to do another identity politics SW film.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

curious, but did you have this epiphany while watching the movie?

or did you come about it afterwards, after reading or watching others’ opinions?
Deleted User 104

I saw the agenda while I was watching it. How could one not? I was surprised to find out that the majority of people shared my reaction after searching the internet.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the thought never crossed my mind as i was watching

go figure
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Yeah, it will probably flop.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:01 pm I saw the agenda while I was watching it. How could one not? I was surprised to find out that the majority of people shared my reaction after searching the internet.
"The majority". Too funny. I saw the previews and said "my daughters will love that a Star Wars movie has a girl kicking butt".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:37 pm
lobster wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:10 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLvAJHJjgNU

Not looking promising.
Not looking like a good source for star wars information.

http://starwarshub.net/2018/09/02/mike- ... ait-story/

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/09/mike-zeroh-is-trash/
I would expect the vast majority of sites and sources visited by Mich to be of a similar ilk. These garbage peddling hustlers have hit the jackpot with Trump's base. They all saw how wealthy televangelists got conning these folks out of their money and are swooping in for a slice of the pie.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:41 pm Mike has been wrong about many things, but he is right about how the Last Jedi suffered due to putting identity politics over story. Putting an agenda into a movie does not = a good story. We'll just have to wait and see if Disney was dumb enough to do another identity politics SW film.
Replace "wrong and right" with "I disagree with him on many things but on this I agree with hom". He is wrong about virtually everything. You just agree with his bad take on this one.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

lobster wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:01 pm I saw the agenda while I was watching it. How could one not? I was surprised to find out that the majority of people shared my reaction after searching the internet.
In other words, you formed your opinion before paying for a ticket and, surprise-surprise, it turned out exactly as you expected.

I know this to be true because I saw it on youtube. Just can't figure out how to link things to this site.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Wait, are you saying that if I were to, based on my pre-determined idea of what something will be....that it will be pretty much what I expected?

And going further, if I were to type in a your tube/google search of exactly what I had verified, that I would net a whole page of folks that had the same idea as me?

Creepy, spooky AND accurate?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:47 am
And going further, if I were to type in a your tube/google search of exactly what I had verified, that I would net a whole page of folks that had the same idea as me?

Creepy, spooky AND accurate?
Yes. Some might call it "a majority!"
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 104

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:28 pm He's right, ya know:

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/statu ... 9171171329
lulz
Deleted User 104

Deleted User 104

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:32 am Word of the year:

They

lulz

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-a ... f-the-year
Was having a discussion with my soon-to-be 18-year-old daughter about this very thing a few days ago. She has a very good friend who prefers the personal pronoun "them." Born a woman, she wants to identify as a male but, as of now, does not wish to transition.

Needless to say it makes for a very difficult conversation.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Live and let live.

I know 3 young people that are either in the process or soon to be in process of making the transition.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:25 am

They

lulz

Was having a discussion with my soon-to-be 18-year-old daughter about this very thing a few days ago. She has a very good friend who prefers the personal pronoun "them." Born a woman, she wants to identify as a male but, as of now, does not wish to transition.

My soon-to-be 18-year-old daughter has had "non-conforming" friends since at least middle school. One of her best friends, Tom, started Middle School as Mary (not his real name(s))), and has been referred to as "he/him" for five years now. She has two friends who identify as "non-binary," and use they/them. She has another friend who has a twin brother and thinks that she too would prefer to be male. And the list goes on.

I think a big part of it is that being an adolescent/teen-ager/young adult is fucking hard and you grab onto anything you think will provide some stability. I imagine most of my daughter's friends will figure their stuff out and will conclude that they're girls/women, but it doesn't matter. It's kind of amazing how kids today just roll with it.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:43 am
chiknbut wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:25 am

They

lulz

My soon-to-be 18-year-old daughter has had "non-conforming" friends since at least middle school. One of her best friends, Tom, started Middle School as Mary (not his real name(s))), and has been referred to as "he/him" for five years now. She has two friends who identify as "non-binary," and use they/them. She has another friend who has a twin brother and thinks that she too would prefer to be male. And the list goes on.

I think a big part of it is that being an adolescent/teen-ager/young adult is fucking hard and you grab onto anything you think will provide some stability. I imagine most of my daughter's friends will figure their stuff out and will conclude that they're girls/women, but it doesn't matter. It's kind of amazing how kids today just roll with it.
It is, indeed, amazing. Sadly, there are still so many obstacles, thanks mostly to our dear friend Social Fucking Media.

My daughter's friend just got back from a 40-day trip in recovery. Her biggest obstacle is her mother, an ultra-religious, Ukranian immigrant who believes her "daughter" is "mentally unstable." She sadly turned to Xanax and alcohol to cope. Just like a lot of kids these days.