Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: This week in emasculation.....

Post by Deleted User 62 »

DOH!!!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It's just so gross how normal it has become for people to talk about others like this. To so poorly veil such revulsion and contempt in an attempt to seem educated and enlightened about a person and their situation is so sickening.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:32 pm
Grandma wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:17 pm Actually, I wouldn't be so shocked if he was as knowledgable about the "practical workings" of the federal government as you and most people your age are.
You're 100% right that he does not warrant a Nobel Prize or be designated Time's person of the year simply because he can recite data or say his lines but he sure has a lot or worthwhile opinions and viewpoints. Some incredibly candid and intellectual. Of course YOU would discount them because he's only 8 but so be it.

Anyways, let's please change back to the topic at hand because my mentioning my great nephew to try and make a point was a mistake - and my response should have been confined to commenting about Greta Thunberg and responding to your posts berating her for her age and perceived disabilities.
One of your posts stated - "The notion that Greta Thunberg would be a hero to anybody is an enormous joke in and of itself".
Let me ask you this.
If she is considered a "hero" to those with Aspergers/Autism that are grateful for her bringing awarenesses and helping to alleviate the stigma - that would be "an enormous joke in and of itself" to you?
I would say that being an inspiration to people with ASD is a good thing, but not the same as Time Person of the Year.
Fair enough.
Meanwhile, you have felt a need to make a double digit amount of posts on this thread in regards to why you feel she is not deserving of the honor. Clearly she has some bearing and affect on you.
Yes, I understand - a negative one.
She and the honor that has been bestowed on her matters to you. Duly noted.
Time has you "talking" about her and Time.
I'll go ahead and score it Time and Greta Thunberg 1 HouseDivided 0.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:45 am
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:32 pm
Grandma wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:17 pm Actually, I wouldn't be so shocked if he was as knowledgable about the "practical workings" of the federal government as you and most people your age are.
You're 100% right that he does not warrant a Nobel Prize or be designated Time's person of the year simply because he can recite data or say his lines but he sure has a lot or worthwhile opinions and viewpoints. Some incredibly candid and intellectual. Of course YOU would discount them because he's only 8 but so be it.

Anyways, let's please change back to the topic at hand because my mentioning my great nephew to try and make a point was a mistake - and my response should have been confined to commenting about Greta Thunberg and responding to your posts berating her for her age and perceived disabilities.
One of your posts stated - "The notion that Greta Thunberg would be a hero to anybody is an enormous joke in and of itself".
Let me ask you this.
If she is considered a "hero" to those with Aspergers/Autism that are grateful for her bringing awarenesses and helping to alleviate the stigma - that would be "an enormous joke in and of itself" to you?
I would say that being an inspiration to people with ASD is a good thing, but not the same as Time Person of the Year.
Fair enough.
Meanwhile, you have felt a need to make a double digit amount of posts on this thread in regards to why you feel she is not deserving of the honor. Clearly she has some bearing and affect on you.
Yes, I understand - a negative one.
She and the honor that has been bestowed on her matters to you. Duly noted.
Time has you "talking" about her and Time.
I'll go ahead and score it Time and Greta Thunberg 1 HouseDivided 0.
According to your logic, then, I would score it President Trump 5,000,000 Gutter 0. Getting a rise out of people is not the same as accomplishing something noteworthy. The Twitter era appears to have conflated the two.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

More like Trump 62,765 Gutter 0 but your point is valid.
Help me out. How do you get a rise out of someone without "accomplishing" something "noteworthy"?
She has "accomplished" getting your angst directed towards her. She has raised your awareness to her and her "plight/s". Same thing with Time.
I get it, you don't think she is someone people should take seriously and have honors bestowed upon and you feel Time is foolish for acknowledging her and giving her the honor.
Obviously there are a shitload of people in the world who feel differently.
At the end of the day, regardless of what our beliefs may be, we should all be singing together......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWzrABouyeE
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:17 am More like Trump 62,765 Gutter 0 but your point is valid.
Help me out. How do you get a rise out of someone without "accomplishing" something "noteworthy"?
She has "accomplished" getting your angst directed towards her. She has raised your awareness to her and her "plight/s". Same thing with Time.
I get it, you don't think she is someone people should take seriously and have honors bestowed upon and you feel Time is foolish for acknowledging her and giving her the honor.
At the end of the day, regardless of what our beliefs may be, we should all be singing together......

We waste tons of time every day getting a rise out of one another on this bored every day. I doubt there is anything about that which makes the world a better place, which would be my definition of noteworthy. It is the same reason I don’t do Twitter and wish the POTUS would do the same. There are much more important things to be done than engaging in flame wars and promoting imaginary theories about impending planetary doom, but social media accomplishes what it was ultimately designed to do, which is divide and distract the populace. You and I are going to have to agree to disagree. Peace out.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:31 am
Grandma wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:17 am More like Trump 62,765 Gutter 0 but your point is valid.

" promoting imaginary theories about impending planetary doom"
JFC
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s seems awful cynical to suggest social media’s design is to divide and distract.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:59 am It’s seems awful cynical to suggest social media’s design is to divide and distract.
Have we met? Cynical is my middle name.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen, three pages of conservative snowflake meltdown because a 16 year old girl is the Person of the Year.

But, but, but, all she is doing is parroting the words put in her head by her parents and the liberals and the liberal media and blah blah blah…..

News flash for them; when they were 16 they were parroting the ideas of their parents and teachers and no one ever asked them to sail across the ocean to parrot those words to the UN General Assembly. No one was ever inspired by their parroting to consider them for a Nobel Prize. This kid parlayed her parroting into the Time Person of the Year. She touched enough other kids to inspire 4,000,000 of them in 100 countries to join her in a climate strike. She led a march of 500,000 people through the streets of Montreal in support of her cause. Sure, but what has she DONE?

But, but, but, all this marching a protesting didn’t change nuthin! Neither did the Salt Satyagraha immediately. Progress without obvious commercial gains for entrenched capitalist concerns move slowly. But that didn’t erase the Salt March from history as the inevitable changes came later.

In the meantime the bitter trumpublican men of KUCrimson can’t even convince a third of the members of a 75 person message board to support their causes and beliefs. Don’t worry boys, you can still drive your Chevy Suburbans and drink from your single use plastic water bottles and ask for your groceries in plastic bags for now. But your grandchildren will not remember your infantile rage any better than history will remember your infantile raging demagogue leader. Wrap yourselves in the flag and clutch your rosary to your bosom and give yourselves a little hug while listening to the soothing words of Tucker. You’ll be fine…..and you will be replaced.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I’m still wondering how someone that works at a bible college at a bible college salary, in podunk Kansas, can be swindled into paying $1,200 a month in child support. Any lawyer with a speech impediment could have prevented that.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

japhy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:58 am And there you have it ladies and gentlemen, three pages of conservative snowflake meltdown because a 16 year old girl is the Person of the Year.

But, but, but, all she is doing is parroting the words put in her head by her parents and the liberals and the liberal media and blah blah blah…..

News flash for them; when they were 16 they were parroting the ideas of their parents and teachers and no one ever asked them to sail across the ocean to parrot those words to the UN General Assembly. No one was ever inspired by their parroting to consider them for a Nobel Prize. This kid parlayed her parroting into the Time Person of the Year. She touched enough other kids to inspire 4,000,000 of them in 100 countries to join her in a climate strike. She led a march of 500,000 people through the streets of Montreal in support of her cause. Sure, but what has she DONE?

But, but, but, all this marching a protesting didn’t change nuthin! Neither did the Salt Satyagraha immediately. Progress without obvious commercial gains for entrenched capitalist concerns move slowly. But that didn’t erase the Salt March from history as the inevitable changes came later.

In the meantime the bitter trumpublican men of KUCrimson can’t even convince a third of the members of a 75 person message board to support their causes and beliefs. Don’t worry boys, you can still drive your Chevy Suburbans and drink from your single use plastic water bottles and ask for your groceries in plastic bags for now. But your grandchildren will not remember your infantile rage any better than history will remember your infantile raging demagogue leader. Wrap yourselves in the flag and clutch your rosary to your bosom and give yourselves a little hug while listening to the soothing words of Tucker. You’ll be fine…..and you will be replaced.
Wow, you sure told me! I’ve totally changed my mind based on your masterful argument!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Leawood wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:05 am I’m still wondering how someone that works at a bible college at a bible college salary, in podunk Kansas, can be swindled into paying $1,200 a month in child support. Any lawyer with a speech impediment could have prevented that.
What screwed me is that I also have an extremely successful private practice that brings in more in 25 hours a week than I make at the aforementioned podunk Bible college working full-time. Or at least that’s what my KU Law School educated attorney told me. I’m not a KU alum, so I don’t have the intellectual chops to comprehend it all.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Okay. It appears to me you got screwed.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Time person of the year is a meaningless honor or dishonor. Depending on how you look at it.

Go to the mall right now and ask 10 folks who just won time magazine poy. 9 won’t know. 9 won’t care. Then ask them who Greta tuneburg is. 9 won’t know. 9 won’t care.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:58 am And there you have it ladies and gentlemen, three pages of conservative snowflake meltdown because a 16 year old girl is the Person of the Year.

You're staring at me
Like I'm driving the nails
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:59 am It’s seems awful cynical to suggest social media’s design is to divide and distract.
It's design is to create an addictive medium that generates revenue. The side effects of that addiction are division and distraction.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s such a sad observation, yet valid.

I approach social media mostly for trophy fish photos and puppy videos.

Too many others approach it as little more than a medium for OuTrAgE!!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:17 am That’s such a sad observation, yet valid.

I approach social media mostly for trophy fish photos and puppy videos.

Too many others approach it as little more than a medium for OuTrAgE!!
Plus, it’s a golden opportunity for corporations, hackers, and the government to mine your data to use as they see fit. Win/win.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:54 am

You're staring at me
Like I'm driving the nails
lmao