This Should Be Good.....

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: This Should Be Good.....

Post by pdub »

Gutter's response,
"When I was roommates with Michael Jordan in 1991 he and I used to hit the town but he was married - that didn't stop him from being the ultimate wingman. One night over a particularly great evening of chicken, I struck out, but Jordan took off one of his shoes and gave it to me and that's when I knew Jordan was a great guy. A couple months later, I moved out, but it had nothing to do with our relationship. He had nothing but nice things to say about the time we lived together and vice versa and still keep in touch to this day."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ita funny that we're debating whose an asshole when you blast out a post that only proves that you're the asshole. At a minimum, in that post.
Just Ledoux it
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Maybe TDub should go back and read some of his responses to ousdahl or seahawk and get back to me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That said, I love gutter, he's in my top 5 posters, he bugs me sometimes, but I've been hangin' out online with gutter for 14 years and still wear a tshirt with his face on it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im not the one saying being an asshole is a horrible thing
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There's levels of asshole.
Mild joshing on an internet message board is pretty low level asshole.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:20 am When people show you who they are, believe them.
Which is why we all think you’re an idiot 😀
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:25 am Gutter's response,
"When I was roommates with Michael Jordan in 1991 he and I used to hit the town but he was married - that didn't stop him from being the ultimate wingman. One night over a particularly great evening of chicken, I struck out, but Jordan took off one of his shoes and gave it to me and that's when I knew Jordan was a great guy. A couple months later, I moved out, but it had nothing to do with our relationship. He had nothing but nice things to say about the time we lived together and vice versa and still keep in touch to this day."
I laughed.

If this makes me Chicagohawk, or an egotistical asshole, or whatever, so be it.
It's my simply explaining my interaction/s with MJ through the years.

First time I met (you only meet someone once - so I guess that's kind of a dumb statement) MJ -
I spent time in his home (with a fellow Jayhawk) when he lived off of Willow Road on the border of Northbrook and Glenview. It was after his rookie season. I'll spare you the details.
I still have the personal (made out to me - my name) autograph he gave me on an original "Jumpman" photo card he had in his home.

Would occasionally run in to him at various Chicago "hotspots" such as the Hudson Club and Limelight.

I moved to Highland Park not long after my father died. I would see and speak with MJ at places such as the video store and restaurants.

Before I worked at the CBOE, I managed a Peaches record store in what was called the "Crossroads" Shopping Center.
MJ stopped in once as did his brother Larry - multiple times.

Through the years, MJ's kids were in sports with my cousin's and my friend's kids. Several times I attended those events and while MJ often liked to sit by himself, at times he would sit and talk with "us".

I attended parties and fundraisers/charity events that MJ was also an attendee at.

On another note, I saw this on Instagram today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_BtpMYBYHs/?

Back story to this ^^^^^^^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8lXyYeUyuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8FtQxZcXcE
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I shared an elevator ride with Grant Hill and Jason Kidd once. That was cool.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I shared an elevator ride with Sherron Collins once. That was not as cool.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:20 am When people show you who they are, believe them.

Might as well take the concession kids lunch money while he’s at it. Those guys can afford scams.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 71489?s=21
I am, I said.
Deleted User 289

Nice job Soklous! What a dick Jordan was for doing that! Forgetting that he never made Capps bet him (Capps wanted to bet him) - and your implying/assuming (?) Capps couldn't afford to pay him.
Funny thing is I still do the same thing with the Dunkin' Donut races.
Now how about you tell us what good things Jordan did for John Capps. Any idea?
Help put his grandkids through college? Maybe?
Give Capps a lot more back through the years than what he took from him on the "scam"? Maybe?
I really don't know for sure what he did or didn't do for Capps through the years. Do you?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Gutter is taking the "I'm offended on behalf of someone else" role to new heights in this thread, lol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

nostalgic awesomeness
Deleted User 289

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:20 am Gutter is taking the "I'm offended on behalf of someone else" role to new heights in this thread, lol.
I am taking it's fine to hate on Jordan and don't believe I or anyone else claimed he was/is some fantastic guy but perhaps he's not as terrible as some what him to be role.
Deleted User 289

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:53 amThat and "The Decision". Imagine if he didn't do it. The same people would be citing him declining a chance to raise money for that Boys & Girls Club as a reason for hating him.
If this were true, he'd be getting trash for the way he left Miami and Cleveland for the second time. He doesn't and no one talks about those exits.

If the Decision were a good idea, he'd do it again. He didn't.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Grandma wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:57 am https://www.instagram.com/p/B_C74sJDgm1/?
Lol, fantastic