Kobe

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 289

Re: Kobe

Post by Deleted User 289 »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It’s strange, I watched highlights of thus game Sunday evening and saw what Hayward did. I thought to myself that it was cool and that I missed that when it happened. Thought I was one of the only ones that didn’t remember that and then saw a bunch about it a day later.

But, what’s even cooler is why Hayward has a soft spot for Kobe and the things Kobe said about Hayward when he had his horrible injury.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

I noticed that when watching the replay of the end of that game, but had no idea it was intentional...even though after watching it now knowing the intent it does seem pretty obvious.
Deleted User 289

Easiest way to make a grown man cry, take away someone he loved.

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1222314192138428416
Deleted User 289

Soklous

Post by Soklous »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:17 pm
It’s strange, I watched highlights of thus game Sunday evening and saw what Hayward did. I thought to myself that it was cool and that I missed that when it happened. Thought I was one of the only ones that didn’t remember that and then saw a bunch about it a day later.

But, what’s even cooler is why Hayward has a soft spot for Kobe and the things Kobe said about Hayward when he had his horrible injury.

Hayward clarified or claims that this gesture is not true. He said he would never give that to Kobe, as Kobe wouldn’t respect him if he did. Nothing is given.

https://twitter.com/gordonhayward/statu ... 75008?s=21
I am, I said.
Deleted User 295

Glad to see he cleared that up. Rarely gets called in the NBA anyway.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

kinda thought there would be more players wearing #24
Deleted User 295

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:40 am kinda thought there would be more players wearing #24
Some players who wear 8 or 24 are now switching out of respect. Spencer Dinwiddie 1 of them.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:07 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:40 am kinda thought there would be more players wearing #24
Some players who wear 8 or 24 are now switching out of respect. Spencer Dinwiddie 1 of them.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/stat ... 70400?s=21
I am, I said.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

My favorite Kobe tributes so far are Udoka vowing to make exactly 8 of his next 24 free throws and the Timberwolves to lose their next 24 games.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:23 pm My favorite Kobe tributes so far are Udoka vowing to make exactly 8 of his next 24 free throws and the Timberwolves to lose their next 24 games.
LOL. this post is golden
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:23 pm My favorite Kobe tributes so far are Udoka vowing to make exactly 8 of his next 24 free throws and the Timberwolves to lose their next 24 games.
I heard the Knicks but the joke is solid.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

On the morning the helicopter went down, I drove with my wife from San Gabriel Valley to the North Valley. It was extremely foggy that morning, but not dangerous for driving. When I arrived to Costco I heard what happened. The whole city had a very heavy heart, and still does. I can't believe they took off with how much fog there was.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Deleted User 295

Sounds like it was possibly a result of pilot error, and not a mechanical failure?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah most definitely. Pilot veered off highway that he was traveling on for his guidance, likely attempting to turn around and find a spot to land for the fog to clear. He hovered west of the crash site for a while, then made the fateful turn into the cliff.

Some witnesses in the area said he probably hovered 100-200 feet above the road for a bit, but all they could do was hear the copter, couldn't see it. It was that thick. Sad thing is, just a few miles south and few miles north, everything seemed to be just fine. Foggy in that one area.

Fog was so thick and he got disoriented it seemed. Had plenty of hours in the helicopter, was an instructor and also certified in flying with instruments compared to just being a visual pilot. Just a freak thing.

They think he hit the mountain side at about 170 mph and was doing a descending left turn. The crater was big and the sound was a big thud according to witnesses. Not one sound after the thud of hitting the side. Makes you think it was a sudden and unexpected impact. And hopefully for all the families, it was a quick incident to where they didn't feel anything or go through any torture.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Preach Badger.

I almost felt sorry for Nick Wright for how much he allowed himself to be consumed by it all. Almost.

https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/ ... 86336?s=20
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I am officially sick of Kobe tributes 24/7