Chiefs SuperBowl Champs

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Chiefs SuperBowl Champs

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:47 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:45 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 am

That was such a bad throw. Overthrew him by 7 yards or so. Most good QBs don't miss that throw.
He doesn't have a very big arm. His deep throws tend to float.
Yep. He put everything into that throw too. What makes Mahomes different, is that is a flick of the wrist for him.
I think it had a lot to do with lack of balls. He didn’t think he could drop it in there so he missed in the one place he knew he wasn’t going to get picked.

I agree there are a lot of QB’s that would try to win the game there and risk the pick. Jimmy stayed on a 16 against a 7.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think Shanahan should get as much flak for that ( not trying to score with a minute left ).
He's on his own 20 with under a minute left. He's tied and he gets the ball to start the half.
Does he expect Jimmy G to march down the field even with the 3 time outs after Jimmy threw an interception? If they throw it on 1st down from their 20 and it's incomplete, do you throw it again? Now the Chiefs have 3 timeouts and you have to punt. The momentum I would say at the end of the half was still in the 9ers hands - any points by the Chiefs to end that half would have swung it.

Once they got the 1st, they went for a big play, and almost got it had Kittle not shoved off our d-back ( but maybe Kittle wouldn't have gotten it if pressured as he should have been without the penalty ).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It wasn't that he started at his own 20 with under a minute left. He could have been at his own 20 with 1:30 seconds or whatever with 2 timeouts against a team that is going to score points.

You have to match them. He got too conservative until it was too late in the half.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:57 am I don't think Shanahan should get as much flak for that ( not trying to score with a minute left ).
He's on his own 20 with under a minute left. He's tied and he gets the ball to start the half.
Does he expect Jimmy G to march down the field even with the 3 time outs after Jimmy threw an interception? If they throw it on 1st down from their 20 and it's incomplete, do you throw it again? Now the Chiefs have 3 timeouts and you have to punt. The momentum I would say at the end of the half was still in the 9ers hands - any points by the Chiefs to end that half would have swung it.

Once they got the 1st, they went for a big play, and almost got it had Kittle not shoved off our d-back ( but maybe Kittle wouldn't have gotten it if pressured as he should have been without the penalty ).
They could have stopped the clock at 1:47. They would have had 1:40ish, and two timeouts.

Not trying to score in that scenario - where your opponent has a propensity for getting surface-of-the-sun hot with little warning - is some combination of stupid and cowardly.
Last edited by jfish26 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 am https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/286 ... rs-blew-it

"After scoring one touchdown on their first six drives, the Chiefs woke up and scored a touchdown on that drive and the following one. In the course of 12 offensive plays, they went from trailing 20-10 with a win expectancy of 3.9% to leading 24-20 with a win expectancy of 77.7%. After nearly collapsing, they became the first team in Super Bowl history to score 21 points in the fourth quarter and only needed half of the quarter to do it."
I am not sure if most people realize how rare it is for a qb to accomplish that. Mahomes does not immediately make me think of Montana, but he has just as good comeback abilities. Scoring 21 points in the last half of the 4th quarter is unheard of. That never happens.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:18 am Well, I could certainly see these two teams play in this game again. Doors closing on NO and GB.
I was just thinking PDub outghtta tip the scales a bit and start a "Chiefs will NEVAR repeat" thread.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Part of the issue with the run game is that it guts your time to come back too. Mostly the 9ers had some success in sweeps, but the Chiefs made adjustments. Mostert was rocked on a few tackles, especially the TD. He sneaked an 11-yard gain on the late draw. But Stephen A. and his ilk need to STFU. The Chiefs played outstanding pass defense late and had a better pass rush at the end. And Williams was getting 4 or 5 up the gut. The best team won.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:19 am Part of the issue with the run game is that it guts your time to come back too. Mostly the 9ers had some success in sweeps, but the Chiefs made adjustments. Mostert was rocked on a few tackles, especially the TD. He sneaked an 11-yard gain on the late draw. But Stephen A. and his ilk need to STFU. The Chiefs played outstanding pass defense late and had a better pass rush at the end. And Williams was getting 4 or 5 up the gut. The best team won.
SF also has a defensive line depth issue. It's crazy how there's a very clear line (about three game quarters, or 36-37 snaps) between their pass rush being insanely great, and then just average.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Fish: absolutely. They were gassed. Williams was special all night though. Anyone know what happened to cdot harrison this week? His podcast just stopped.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Talk about burying the lede, Jesus.

https://www.kcpd.org/media/news-release ... l-victory/
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ha! Cops keep town in check after 50-year celebrations might be too happy. But fail. Yow
Last edited by Sparko on Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Two things for me:

1. Narrative all week was the Niners run game and all season could the Chiefs close it out when it mattered. How fitting the game ending TD was a power running play by an after thought RB.

2. The much aligned defense made stop after stop in the second half and when it really mattered most they delivered.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:43 am Two things for me:

1. Narrative all week was the Niners run game and all season could the Chiefs close it out when it mattered. How fitting the game ending TD was a power running play by an after thought RB.
It was hilarious and totally unexpected. My first thought was that SF was probably fatigued on defense. And yes, KC played some really good defense in the 4th quarter. I think we had a way of wearing other teams down and that's why we were so successful late in games.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:35 am Talk about burying the lede, Jesus.

Nothing like blowing your head off shooting illegal fireworks off through handmade mortars.

Darwin at work, I suppose.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:16 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:18 am Well, I could certainly see these two teams play in this game again. Doors closing on NO and GB.
I was just thinking PDub outghtta tip the scales a bit and start a "Chiefs will NEVAR repeat" thread.
I'll do it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Where have folks found the best prices on Chiefs Super Bowl Champs gear? Looking for a good tshirt and hat.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I figure it's going to be difficult to find a "best price" right now if you want authentic champs gear. Everything such as "locker room" hats and t-shirts are pretty much uniform in terms of prices.
I was at Rally House in/near the Plaza at 9:00am this morning and bought a couple of hats and shirts. Not cheap. Didn't even look at the prices but I believe two hats and two shirts cost me about $160 after taxes. Also bought a Mahomes SB jersey, two shirts, and 3 hats a couple of days ago. I'm going home broke but happy.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:35 am Talk about burying the lede, Jesus.

That is pretty tragic. Clearly a poor decision.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Grandma wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:58 pm Congrats Chiefs fans!
I'm thrilled to have been at P&L to experience it. Good stuff!
I was wondering where you watched it. That had to be a great last half hour and post game.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How'd you get back to your hotel/airbnb/one night stand's house, Gutman?