NCAA 20-21

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: NCAA 20-21

Post by ousdahl »

Isn’t Buffalo Wild Wings Chad your one buddy who sucks at big buck hunter?

dude owes me a quarter.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Yes, it's a good game because creighton should be good. Geography has nothing to do with it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:52 pm Yes, it's a good game because creighton should be good. Geography has nothing to do with it.
The game actually doesn't bother me that much b/c it's not a home and home and we don't have much control over the opponent. I think the "challenge" itself makes less sense. It's a crappy league outside of one school.

I just had to give Omaha-coach a hard time b/c he was on a path of calling it the buzz-iest game since Mizzou 2012.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Buffalo Wild Wings Chad is the dude that a lot of posters on here care so much about.
He's the one they look to for validation whether KU's unprecedented Big 12 conference streak even matters.
He's the one who they ask whether the team we are playing against is cool enough.

"No bro, Big 12? Conference is weak. ACC. They've had one good player, Trae Young. Try winning whatever number in a row in the ACC against Duke and UNC. And Creighton? I mean, I think I had them in the Sweet 16 last year. You wanna play Ohio State, UCLA, good teams like those guys."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Serious question if anyone knows, are Wichita State and Creighton still arch rivals?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:56 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:52 pm Yes, it's a good game because creighton should be good. Geography has nothing to do with it.
The game actually doesn't bother me that much b/c it's not a home and home and we don't have much control over the opponent. I think the "challenge" itself makes less sense. It's a crappy league outside of one school.

I just had to give Omaha-coach a hard time b/c he was on a path of calling it the buzz-iest game since Mizzou 2012.
That crappy league won the series 8-2.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:12 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:56 pm

That crappy league won the series 8-2.
I'm not concerned about what the series means/does for the league.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I was just pointing out the league isn't as "crappy" as you make it seem. I'm with you on the fact I don't care about which conference wins it, but I'm all in on it simply because it means KU will be playing a top team from a power conference, even if some people call it a crappy league. Give me these challenge games all day over another team from the Sun Belt.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:25 pm I was just pointing out the league isn't as "crappy" as you make it seem. I'm with you on the fact I don't care about which conference wins it, but I'm all in on it simply because it means KU will be playing a top team from a power conference, even if some people call it a crappy league. Give me these challenge games all day over another team from the Sun Belt.
Big 12 was also crappy this year, but again, that's not my point at all.

The series is not replacing a Sun Belt game. And Creighton isn't replacing a Sun Belt team. They're replacing Villanova.

I also don't completely agree that the Big East is still a power conference. And, I like ribbing twocoach about Creighton still not being a power conference team.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

crappy can mean a lot of things.

Teams that have some cache, like Georgetown and St. John's suck. And then School's like Seton Hall that until recently hadn't been relevant are good as are schools like Creighton who still seems like a solid mid-major.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 pm crappy can mean a lot of things.

Teams that have some cache, like Georgetown and St. John's suck. And then School's like Seton Hall that until recently hadn't been relevant are good as are schools like Creighton who still seems like a solid mid-major.
That goes to my issue with the series. The Big East is not a league where you can say year in and year out that they're going to get 4-8 teams in the tourney with one team vying for a 1 or 2 seed. It also lacks the fallback of having flagship institutions up and down its table.

For KU's sake, I wish our league would do away with it.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:41 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 pm crappy can mean a lot of things.

That goes to my issue with the series. The Big East is not a league where you can say year in and year out that they're going to get 4-8 teams in the tourney with one team vying for a 1 or 2 seed. It also lacks the fallback of having flagship institutions up and down its table.

For KU's sake, I wish our league would do away with it.
I disagree that you can't count on them to be a good conference (insofar as you can count on any conference). I think they play good ball.

But I don't think perception of the league is any good, and I don't think anyone takes them seriously. Hell, no one even really knows whether they're a major or mid-major anymore. Part of that might just be that they don't play football. Part of it is it will never again be the big east. Part of it is Adding several (albeit good) mid-majors. Who knows if bringing back UConn will do anything to help that.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:57 pm Buffalo Wild Wings Chad is the dude that a lot of posters on here care so much about.
He's the one they look to for validation whether KU's unprecedented Big 12 conference streak even matters.
He's the one who they ask whether the team we are playing against is cool enough.

"No bro, Big 12? Conference is weak. ACC. They've had one good player, Trae Young. Try winning whatever number in a row in the ACC against Duke and UNC. And Creighton? I mean, I think I had them in the Sweet 16 last year. You wanna play Ohio State, UCLA, good teams like those guys."
so, JimWest?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not quite but close.
BWW Chad doesn't register for sports boards.
He does have a twitter account but mostly just comments on NFL.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:14 pm Not quite but close.
BWW Chad doesn't register for sports boards.
He does have a twitter account but mostly just comments on NFL.
If there's an active twitter account, the tweets will get posted on this message bored.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:31 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:25 pm I was just pointing out the league isn't as "crappy" as you make it seem. I'm with you on the fact I don't care about which conference wins it, but I'm all in on it simply because it means KU will be playing a top team from a power conference, even if some people call it a crappy league. Give me these challenge games all day over another team from the Sun Belt.
Big 12 was also crappy this year, but again, that's not my point at all.

The series is not replacing a Sun Belt game. And Creighton isn't replacing a Sun Belt team. They're replacing Villanova.

I also don't completely agree that the Big East is still a power conference. And, I like ribbing twocoach about Creighton still not being a power conference team.
Big 12 seemed down this year.. but then again. Big 12 had arguably the two best teams in the country (two of the top 5 teams at worst)

And would have gotten maybe half the league into the tournament. Kansas and baylor obvious locks. with west virginia, texas tech, oklahoma, texas all somewhere on the bubble
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the season seems like an eternity ago
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:53 am the season seems like an eternity ago
yeah, but I thought today was Wednesday until about an hour ago, when I was honestly shocked to see that its Thursday.

Time is meaningless right now.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:11 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:53 am the season seems like an eternity ago
yeah, but I thought today was Wednesday until about an hour ago, when I was honestly shocked to see that its Thursday.

Time is meaningless right now.
Last week I thought Tuesday was Friday. And I still work M-F every week.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Looks like we added another Creighton to the schedule:

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status ... 01570?s=20