Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/7/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 141

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/7/20

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I can’t stay on a beach for more than an hour. I have a lack of melanin.

But, beaches are typically gorgeous, and living here as long as I have, the aesthetics of ones surroundings shouldn’t be ignored.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

I lived near a beach for several years and never went to it other than beach bars.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:26 am I can’t stay on a beach for more than an hour. I have a lack of melanin.

But, beaches are typically gorgeous, and living here as long as I have, the aesthetics of ones surroundings shouldn’t be ignored.
Yep. And that's what's so ridiculous about Southern California. You have the beaches on one side, and the mountains on the other. I had days growing up where I surfed and snowboarded on the same day.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

My grandfather lived in a coastal city and loved the beach. He didn’t really go in the water or do anything else for that matter. Sometimes he walked on the access road which ran parallel to the shoreline. But most of the time he just sat a few yards behind the waterline.

He found every excuse to go to the beach which mostly involved taking the grandkids to the beach in the evening. We’d all play in the sand, in the water and he just enjoyed sitting there and watching us. We’d stay there well after dark and he’d show us the stars and constellations.

Towards the end of his life we would take him to beach. He was quite mobile until a couple of months before he passed, at age 90. But he had lost quite a bit of his hearing we didn’t feel that it was safe for him to be out by himself.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I love the beach - but it's not just the beach, it's the coast in general.
Don't need to be on sand but could be walking along a rocky forested path looking out to sea.
( fun fact: Maine has the most forested area by percentage - by far - and also has the most miles of coastline in the USA )
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 am I love the beach - but it's not just the beach, it's the coast in general.
Don't need to be on sand but could be walking along a rocky forested path looking out to sea.
( fun fact: Maine has the most forested area by percentage - by far - and also has the most miles of coastline in the USA )

Uh. No. Alaska, then florida. Maine is like 4th
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I meant mainland.
I thought it had more than Florida but I suppose not.
And who wants to live in Florida?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:28 am
pdub wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 am I love the beach - but it's not just the beach, it's the coast in general.

Uh. No. Alaska, then florida. Maine is like 4th
Well actually: https://whatstates.org/what-state-has-t ... ing-lakes/

And I would submit that there is no discernable difference between the North Shore of Lake Superior and the coast of Maine.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

The food pulled out of the water would be quite different.