NYAG - Grab your popcorn?

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: NYAG - Grab your popcorn?

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:45 am Deep breathing trad.

Who cares who is on the losing ticket. I am more concerned/worried about who is going to be on the winning ticket. And i surely hope it isn't Biden.
Feels like the whole of American politics for the next 50+ years is the competition between the shifting will of the people, on one hand, and GOP gerrymandering/disenfranchisement efforts, on the other hand.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Who cares who is on the losing ticket. I am more concerned/worried about who is going to be on the winning ticket. And i surely hope it isn't Biden.
i’m speaking to reality, not going all chicken little...despite what you may think

perhaps you should better inform yourself, and stay out of these discussions until you do...lest you continue to demonstrate your ignorance
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:51 am

i’m speaking to reality, not going all chicken little...despite what you may think

perhaps you should better inform yourself, and stay out of these discussions until you do...lest you continue to demonstrate your ignorance
I love a good old appeal to authority. 🤣🙄

Your superiority is truly inspiring.
Deleted User 89

trying too hard
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed that I hope it isn't Biden. But I certainly care whether or not Trump is on ticket and Republicans who left the Republican Party over the repulsiveness of Trumpism most certainly care.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:49 am

Feels like the whole of American politics for the next 50+ years is the competition between the shifting will of the people, on one hand, and GOP gerrymandering/disenfranchisement efforts, on the other hand.
It will be the push of GOP fearmongering and gerrymandering and the corresponding Dem response to that which will be the ebb and flow of the next few cycles of federal elections.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

dt may not be ready to fade away. but the American people certainly are. so he has no choice in the matter.

if it makes you feel better to think 01-06 is the new way. go for it. it's not.

2024 is a whole new ballgame.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The American people are ready to fade away?
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:57 pm dt may not be ready to fade away. but the American people certainly are. so he has no choice in the matter.

he’s still supported by 44% of pubs, and is still receiving regular visits from congressional hopefuls.

those that are visiting him are fully engrained in trumpism, which is evidence that his “movement” isn’t going anywhere right now

obviously, time will tell. i hope you’re right, but i’m not going to hold my breath. revisionism of jan. 6th by a majority of pub members of congress should tell you all you need to know
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:57 pm dt may not be ready to fade away. but the American people certainly are. so he has no choice in the matter.

What are you talking about? 1/3 of the country is still in his thrall.
Deleted User 89

willful ignorance on the part of some around here...or should i call it wishful ignorance?

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/2 ... gop-484756
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:08 pm The American people are ready to fade away?
better to burn out.

hey, hey, my, my
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

lol at the notion that trump will just go away

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I hope Trump stays right where he has been, alienating people every day while doing nothing to.bring people in.

I hope he continues to tear in half 35% of the GOP. No amount of gerrymandering or election qualification bullshit can over come those numbers.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

I don't know...200+ bills across the country seems like a pretty solid start to disenfranchising millions of voters and eliminating democracy in this country once and for all.