Playoffs

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Playoffs

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Tom is hated by many for success, but he’s a good dude.

https://twitter.com/jamespalmertv/statu ... 46568?s=21
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think he's a "good dude" in sports terms. I'll bet he throws away second place trophies. He is nice to competitors' kids. He quietly is super-generous with staff, donates items for charity auctions, etc.

That's as far as I'll go. Particularly given what we know about some of his ideologies.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:55 am I think he's a "good dude" in sports terms. I'll bet he throws away second place trophies. He is nice to competitors' kids. He quietly is super-generous with staff, donates items for charity auctions, etc.

That's as far as I'll go. Particularly given what we know about some of his ideologies.
Amen.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

That's a really low bar for what makes someone a good dude.

Also, I'm kinda done ascribing goodness to celebrities these days after Joe Paterno and Bill Cosby.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Agreed. The bar for celebrities is low. The bar for NFL players is to not be a murderer. The bar for star quarterbacks is to not be Big Ben. Even good guy Drew Brees has needed to just put his foot in his mouth.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back to the topic: I would bet so much fucking money on GB -3.5.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Initially I thought the same thing but TB is looking good right now. Got the run game going and the defense is playing better. Held Thomas to zero catches. I do believe some of that is because Brees has regressed so badly these last couple of years.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KC to a 3 point fave now. Vegas think Mahomes is playing.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I laughed to myself when I read the posts pointing out Tom Brady isn't God nor is he a perfect man. Really? In other news, the sun rose this morning and set this evening.
I can't and won't speak for others but I know I would be just fine being him in his entirety. Faults and all.

As far as betting "so much freaking money" on GB -3.5, I might agree and no doubt the Pack are playing very good football recently BUT...... If you took the Pack laying 2 against the Buccs back in week 6, you would have lost by 30 points.
Yes, I know the game was in Tampa Bay. Still, the Buccs have proven they can beat the Packers - by 4 touchdowns.

As far as the Chiefs being a 3 point favorite and "Vegas think Mahomes is playing", I believe the line opened at Chiefs -2.5.
That was before Vegas knows/knew anything for sure. I would figure Vegas would have made the line more than -3 if they think/thought Mahomes is playing for sure but wtf do I know?

As far as Brees having regressed "so badly" these last couple of years, are you comparing the last 2 seasons to 2018? Then yes, he has regressed but I wouldn't say - "so badly".
Then do you feel Mahomes has regressed "so badly" too?
Brees finished 2nd in MVP voting in 2018.
The guy had a better rating in 2019 then he did in 2018 when he finished 2nd in MVP voting. He he led the NFL in completion percentage while throwing 27 touchdowns and four interceptions in 11 games.
Regression? sure but not "so badly" to me.

Worthless predictions......
Buccs 24 Pack 31
Bills 20 Chiefs 31
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Brees numbers don't tell the whole story. His completion % rate is so high because for the last two years his passes have all seemed to be check downs to Kamara. I'll agree last year he still looked like he could play but once he got hurt he didn't look the same. Same for this year. His accuracy down the field is what jumps out to me. Then last weekend against the Bucs he looked terrible.

This is going to be a huge game for Rodgers this weekend. A guy who is a first ballot HOF and one of the greats but has only been to one SB. This is a legacy game for him. That being said Tampa Bay is playing some of its best ball because the running game and the defense has looked much better.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Time for early week predictions. Not going to go full breakdown until weekend.

Packers over Bucs 31-23

Chiefs over Bills 27-20

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:04 pm I laughed to myself when I read the posts pointing out Tom Brady isn't God nor is he a perfect man. Really? In other news, the sun rose this morning and set this evening.
I can't and won't speak for others but I know I would be just fine being him in his entirety. Faults and all.

As far as betting "so much freaking money" on GB -3.5, I might agree and no doubt the Pack are playing very good football recently BUT...... If you took the Pack laying 2 against the Buccs back in week 6, you would have lost by 30 points.
Yes, I know the game was in Tampa Bay. Still, the Buccs have proven they can beat the Packers - by 4 touchdowns.

As far as the Chiefs being a 3 point favorite and "Vegas think Mahomes is playing", I believe the line opened at Chiefs -2.5.
That was before Vegas knows/knew anything for sure. I would figure Vegas would have made the line more than -3 if they think/thought Mahomes is playing for sure but wtf do I know?

As far as Brees having regressed "so badly" these last couple of years, are you comparing the last 2 seasons to 2018? Then yes, he has regressed but I wouldn't say - "so badly".
Then do you feel Mahomes has regressed "so badly" too?
Brees finished 2nd in MVP voting in 2018.
The guy had a better rating in 2019 then he did in 2018 when he finished 2nd in MVP voting. He he led the NFL in completion percentage while throwing 27 touchdowns and four interceptions in 11 games.
Regression? sure but not "so badly" to me.

Worthless predictions......
Buccs 24 Pack 31
Bills 20 Chiefs 31
The conditions in Green Bay just don't seem ideal for Tampa Tom and that offense. Rodgers is both used to it, and also on a different level, arm-strength-wise.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I see the weather narrative being throw out and I thought the same thing about the NFC running through GB but its not like Tom didn't play his entire career in cold ass Old England. With the emergence of the Bucs running game he isn't being asked to hit all of those downfield shots like early on either.
Still like GB. IMO, they are better team for all the reasons you just stated.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If I were Tampa, I would already be in Wisconsin practicing.

On Brees, his playoff performances have shown his age has really caught up. He just hasn't been a threat in those games.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean, shit, Tom Brady was in Boston for 20+ years. He had some bad weather games. So he knows a little bit of what to do.

For Green Bay standards. Weather fairly easy for Sunday. 30 with a slight chance of snow. About what it was for Saturday.

But yeah, they need to get to Green Bay yesterday to get used to weather.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 am I see the weather narrative being throw out and I thought the same thing about the NFC running through GB but its not like Tom didn't play his entire career in cold ass Old England. With the emergence of the Bucs running game he isn't being asked to hit all of those downfield shots like early on either.
Still like GB. IMO, they are better team for all the reasons you just stated.
Brady stated publicly this year how much he hates the cold. I have to wonder how much he starts to really believe it during the game.

I'd never count him out and TB on paper has a team that can keep up in a cold condition game, but Rodgers and GB are the clear favorite here.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Yes, Brady has stated he hates living in cold weather. I don't blame him.
As far as playing in it, this is stale but still worthy of note....
"I know exactly what to wear. I know how many layers to wear every degree," Brady said. "I'm a [bleeping] machine, man, I'm a [bleeping] machine! C'mon baby!"

This was from last season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how- ... d-on-road/
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Back when the Bills lost the SB every year, all roads led to Buffalo in the play-offs. Miserable, hard field. That seeding really matters this year in Green Bay. I think GB has the better ball control game. By far. Take the points.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This is about as interesting of a Championship weekend as you could ask for, though.

The no longer futile BillsMafia against a Goliath QB, Coach and Team.

Two all-time QB's wanting to put a last mark on their legacies.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It's what the NFL wanted. No ifs ands or buts..

Rodgers trying for the elusive 2nd ring as his career winds down against Brady with his best statistical season in years.

Mahomes being the face of the league right now against an up-and-coming organization who has a solid QB in year 3.

Chiefs have the primetime slot, which surprised me, but it's probably on a rotational basis on who gets primetime.