Super Bowl LV

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Super Bowl LV

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:44 amChiefs fans...Bucs or the 49'ers last year. Who is the better team?
I do not qualify but I'll reply anyway: I think the 49ers last year are better than Bucs this year. But, I also think the Chiefs last year were playing better than the Chiefs have this year (Buffalo game excluded, but how good is Buffalo?). Add in the O-Line issues, too.

I think Brady only matters if the Bucs are within winning distance in the 4th. Don't see an advantage there for the majority of the game. Obviously, as shown against GB, he can still make exploit a single defensive mistake and change the game.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

49ers better defense, but they were not good on offense. So Bucs better overall team.

But the Chiefs are better this year compared to last year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:51 am
holidaysmore wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:44 amChiefs fans...Bucs or the 49'ers last year. Who is the better team?
I do not qualify but I'll reply anyway: I think the 49ers last year are better than Bucs this year. But, I also think the Chiefs last year were playing better than the Chiefs have this year (Buffalo game excluded, but how good is Buffalo?). Add in the O-Line issues, too.

I think Brady only matters if the Bucs are within winning distance in the 4th. Don't see an advantage there for the majority of the game. Obviously, as shown against GB, he can still make exploit a single defensive mistake and change the game.
You literally went THE EXACT opposite that I did. haha

I think Chiefs offense is better on defense and I think this is the absolute best that Kelce and Hill have been at the same time. Don't forget, they were going to boatrace Cleveland too if not for the Mahomes "concussion"

I think Tampa can generate just as good of pressure up front as San Fran did. And Tampa's offense is instrumentally better than San Fran's was last year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I mostly remember the 9ers running over everyone last year with that line and Shanahan at the top of his powers. But, Jimmy G really dragged them down in the SB, so point taken. That was a much more even game than the final score indicated, though.

Still have doubts overall on Tampa, but they are really clicking right now. 3 straight road wins is no joke no matter what.

I still disagree on Chiefs, though. They were on an offensive run last year like we've never seen in the playoffs before and really put it together after Mahomes injury. Bumpier back half this year that I don't attribute to boredom.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:06 am I mostly remember the 9ers running over everyone last year with that line and Shanahan at the top of his powers. But, Jimmy G really dragged them down in the SB, so point taken. That was a much more even game than the final score indicated, though.

Still have doubts overall on Tampa, but they are really clicking right now. 3 straight road wins is no joke no matter what.

I still disagree on Chiefs, though. They were on an offensive run last year like we've never seen in the playoffs before and really put it together after Mahomes injury. Bumpier back half this year that I don't attribute to boredom.
Well see, I kind of do. We saw the switch flipped in the first drives against Cleveland. And then they came out and took it to Buffalo. Would have scored 40 if Tyreek catches a beautiful pass in the first drive on 3rd down that would have put them at the 15 or whatever.

You can't deny though that the defense is waaaaay better. Cleveland scored 17. Buffalo scored 24. A 3 yard TD "drive" and a mop up TD attributed to 12 of those points and then they kicked 4 FGs.

I saw some incredible stat over the weekend. It said that over the 2 Chiefs playoff games, the opponents expected points per drive DROPPED if they threw the ball. The Chiefs pass defense is elite.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and the buffalo game wasn’t nearly as close as the score might lead one to believe

buffalo had great red zone success until the Chiefs
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

And to follow up on the Chiefs pass defense it is different compared to the normal play out. The Chiefs secondary is helping the pass rush instead of vice versa. Sneed, is the big stand out guy but I do believe the re-emergence of Juan in the middle of the field is what is really driving the secondary's success. Because Juan can play the middle of the field in a single high safety look everyone else can go man, with help over the top and Tyrann is free to cause havoc every where else. The one guy who isn't playing well is Ward. Ever since he broke his hand his game has went to the toilet. Not great for a guy who is coming up on hitting the free market.

I would say overall TB is the better team compared to the 49'ers. TB, is just so much better on offensive and the two defenses are close enough to be comparable.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:18 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:06 am I mostly remember the 9ers running over everyone last year with that line and Shanahan at the top of his powers. But, Jimmy G really dragged them down in the SB, so point taken. That was a much more even game than the final score indicated, though.

Well see, I kind of do. We saw the switch flipped in the first drives against Cleveland. And then they came out and took it to Buffalo. Would have scored 40 if Tyreek catches a beautiful pass in the first drive on 3rd down that would have put them at the 15 or whatever.

You can't deny though that the defense is waaaaay better. Cleveland scored 17. Buffalo scored 24. A 3 yard TD "drive" and a mop up TD attributed to 12 of those points and then they kicked 4 FGs.

I saw some incredible stat over the weekend. It said that over the 2 Chiefs playoff games, the opponents expected points per drive DROPPED if they threw the ball. The Chiefs pass defense is elite.
It's certainly all relative. We're comparing this year's Chiefs team to a team last year that scored like 100 points in the AFC playoffs, and then finished two scores ahead in the SB. Chiefs are undoubtedly the best team in the league this year.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’m curious to see how well the Chiefs move the ball and score on a beat up Bucs D
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Are Tampa's safeties not coming back? Figured they would be, 2 weeks and all. Love Winfield, Jr., obviously.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Whitehead is doubtful and Winfield is questionable.

Doubtful in today's NFL means very unlikely to play. So they may have only Winfield back.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm hoping I don't need to quote-reply this some time later this week, but: it blows my mind that they didn't move the Super Bowl back a week and hard-bubble both teams in Tampa starting in the middle of last week.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 am I'm hoping I don't need to quote-reply this some time later this week, but: it blows my mind that they didn't move the Super Bowl back a week and hard-bubble both teams in Tampa starting in the middle of last week.
I mean, I get what you are saying. But they've had a pretty successful regular season with more travel by more teams and all that. KC is going to Tampa on Saturday evening, just like a typical game for them. The last delay of a game was in week 13. 2+ months ago.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I get it, but it seems silly to take any risk on this, when the value of the game goes way, way down if either QB gets sick. And the integrity of the game would suffer a lot if any one of, what, twenty more guys gets sick.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:07 pm I get it, but it seems silly to take any risk on this, when the value of the game goes way, way down if either QB gets sick. And the integrity of the game would suffer a lot if any one of, what, twenty more guys gets sick.
Would be great to see Brady win another one if COVID sidelined 20 KC players just to hear all of the salt.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:09 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:07 pm I get it, but it seems silly to take any risk on this, when the value of the game goes way, way down if either QB gets sick. And the integrity of the game would suffer a lot if any one of, what, twenty more guys gets sick.
Would be great to see Brady win another one if COVID sidelined 20 KC players just to hear all of the salt.
What about the GOAT salt in 10-12 years if Brady misses the game, and Kansas City (as they would) proceeds to win by 25? And then Mahomes closes in on six/seven?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

True, but you know Brady cut that line.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:12 pm True, but you know Brady cut that line.
Nah. Sully from Pawtucket would yeah, but Mahomes' seventh ring until the end of time.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KC has a significant advantage at QB all things being equal, and we all know it. But the thing that makes any QB look like Trent Dilfer is getting sacked repeatedly or having to throw under duress. Mahomes is the best ever at throwing under duress which is why I am hopeful KC will squeak out a win. But the Buc's have a significant advantage with their D-Line versus KCs O-Line. Montana was better than Brady IMHO, having seen them both, anyway. He is GOAT of a depleted QB era, that is now restocked. SF was much better overall than Tampa Bay, but full-strength KC is the best team in the NFL. A depleted O-Line KC is a worry to me. It won't even make the post-game analysis if KC loses, because Brady. But it is a significant issue, especially remembering how "meh" KC was without Fish last year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:38 pm KC has a significant advantage at QB all things being equal, and we all know it. But the thing that makes any QB look like Trent Dilfer is getting sacked repeatedly or having to throw under duress. Mahomes is the best ever at throwing under duress which is why I am hopeful KC will squeak out a win. But the Buc's have a significant advantage with their D-Line versus KCs O-Line. Montana was better than Brady IMHO, having seen them both, anyway. He is GOAT of a depleted QB era, that is now restocked. SF was much better overall than Tampa Bay, but full-strength KC is the best team in the NFL. A depleted O-Line KC is a worry to me. It won't even make the post-game analysis if KC loses, because Brady. But it is a significant issue, especially remembering how "meh" KC was without Fish last year.
A depleted QB era? Please explain. Manning, Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Wilson and Rodgers are all Hall of Famers. He battled all those guys constantly.