Obscure Kansas Basketball Trivia

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Obscure Kansas Basketball Trivia

Post by Deleted User 863 »

X was absolutely a game changer his freshman year. He's probably a top 5 freshman of the Self era. Part of 33-3 team who finished ranked #1 in the AP poll.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Speaking of trivia, KU’s first OAD too
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

7/21/21
Fairly easy one despite limited clues. I think I should change the title of this thread too.

This CURRENT Jayhawk.....
Supposedly has a 40 inch standing vertical.
Holds dual citizenship.
Played HS basketball at the same school where Bronny James (The Fresh Prince of Brentwood) currently attends.
Started just one game as a Freshman but averaged just under 24 minutes a game.
Can give Trae Young a run for his money with his hair "style".
Deleted User 887

No one bothered to answer yesterday's "who am I" so today I will simply post something/s that is/are not so "obscure" Kansas Basketball "trivia".

Taken straight from Wikipedia......

Kansas ranks second all-time in NCAA Division I wins with 2,302 wins (as of the last complete season), against 862 losses (.728 all time winning %, 3rd all-time). This record includes a 765–110 (.874) mark at historic Allen Fieldhouse. The Jayhawks are first in NCAA history with 98 winning seasons, and tied for first in NCAA history with 101 non-losing (.500 or better) seasons with Kentucky. Kansas has the fewest head coaches (8) of any program that has been around 100 years, yet has reached the Final Four under more head coaches (6) than any other program in the nation. Every head coach at Kansas since the inception of the NCAA Tournament has led the program to the Final Four. Kansas has had four head coaches inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame, more than any other program in the nation. A perennial conference powerhouse, Kansas leads Division I all-time in regular season conference titles with 62 in 113 years of conference play (the MVIAA Conference was created in 1907) through the 2019–20 regular season. The Jayhawks have won a record 20 conference titles and a record 11 conference tournament titles in the 24 years of the Big 12's existence. The program also owns the best Big 12 records in both those areas with a 412–102 record in conference play and a 46–12 record in tournament play. The Jayhawks won their 2,000th game in school history when they defeated Texas Tech in the 2009–2010 season, joining the University of Kentucky and the University of North Carolina as the only schools to boast such an achievement at that time.[11]
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

remy martin
Deleted User 887

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 amremy martin
Correct!