Afghanistan

Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: Afghanistan

Post by Deleted User 89 »

so, now press secretaries are supposed to be held to the same standards as actual senators?

interesting
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:18 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:16 am
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:06 am

When youre in a high level position vacations are secondary to a massive geopolitical disaster.

Remeber when that guy in texas went to cancun? Kcrim wasnt happy (rightfully so, i might add).
One person got on a plane as his constituents were getting pounded with a heavy storm that flooded large areas and made millions go without power and water.

The other is a spokesperson for a president who is able to talk to the country and can rely on others like those in the Pentagon to answer questions.

One abandoned the people who voted for him. The other won't be able to answer questions for 30 minutes on a significant issue halfway across the globe.
Twist it to however makes you more comfortable. I know several people that arent the same after their time in Afghanistan and a couple that never came back. Its a significant issue with signficant impact at home as well as abroad.

We just airlifted our people off the roof of the embassy....its not something thats only happen to afghanis.....
Same here. I have lots of military friends that are upset with the move and with Biden. I spoke with some and mentioned that this wasn't a decision made in a week or a month. It was based on a decision that started a year+ ago or something like that. Don't have timeline memorized.

Just don't see how there's a comparison between a person answering questions on behalf of an administration when that administration can talk for themselves compared to a guy who MILLIONS OF PEOPLE VOTED FOR, but still boarded a plan to Cancun as those same MILLIONS OF PEOPLE were without power and safe drinking water. And on top of that, the guy blamed his teenage daughters for the trip.

There's legit no comparison. Cruz could have made a difference for those in Texas that he abandoned. Psaki has zero control over anything happening in Kabul and Afghanistan.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:24 am so, now press secretaries are supposed to be held to the same standards as actual senators?

interesting
I'm embarrassed for TDub right now. And I've had no issues with TDub. But this is flabbergasting, honestly.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:21 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 am

Twist it to however makes you more comfortable. I know several people that arent the same after their time in Afghanistan and a couple that never came back. Its a significant issue with signficant impact at home as well as abroad.
And Jen Psaki has zero impact on any of the people in Afghanistan. Her absence changes nothing. She is just a press secretary.
She speaks for the white house.

Oh i forgot. You guys never said a word about Mchenany or whatever her name is
Does the White House stop working when Psaki goes on vacation? No. Her participation or absence changes nothing. Biden is set to make a public statement today on the issue in Afghanistan despite Psaki not being there.

I said words about Kaleigh McEnany for being a liar, not for taking a vacation during any sort of national issue. We went 417 days without a White House press secretary under Trump making a statement to the press and now suddenly they are an irreplaceable member of the staff. How curious.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dont be embarrassed for me. Be embarrassed for the last 2 administrations.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

jen psaki is fantastic at her job. one of the best i can remember. when the going got tough she went on vacation. another reason why she is so smart.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

How many days has Biden spent playing golf so far?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

when all else fails, play the golf card.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

And Jen Psaki has zero impact on any of the people in Afghanistan. Her absence changes nothing. She is just a press secretary.

I didn't like Mchnany or what ever her name is because she so blatantly lied, the crucifix around her neck just made it worse. Not sure you can blame Psaki for being out of town. Congress is not in session and I don't think anyone expected this.

Uncle Joe and his admin should have worked to get our allies out faster, probably before the announcement to withdraw. That is on him.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:32 am when all else fails, play the fungus card.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:34 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:32 am when all else fails, play the fungus card.
Your fault for taking anything mich says seriously.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:36 am
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:34 am
Your fault for taking anything mich says seriously.
i don’t take him serious at all

i could sock his account and nobody would be the wiser...his pitiful takes are so predictable
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:32 am

I didn't like Mchnany or what ever her name is because she so blatantly lied, the crucifix around her neck just made it worse. Not sure you can blame Psaki for being out of town. Congress is not in session and I don't think anyone expected this.

Uncle Joe and his admin should have worked to get our allies out faster, probably before the announcement to withdraw. That is on him.
And this part is not hard to comprehend. Biden and crew fumbled the withdrawal. Badly. Now, the US doesn't look great in this entire thing, but this didn't start recently, the wheels have been in motion. Biden and his administration had a chance to handle this with little to no press attention, but then the Taliban came on strong on the heels of the US with a foot out the door already. But the US drug their feet and now here we are.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:32 am when all else fails, play the golf card.
It seems to be more of a problem that the White House press secretary is spending a few days out of the White House than it was for an actual President to spend 300+ days away from the White House playing golf so forgive me if I don't take this absurd argument very seriously.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:37 am

And this part is not hard to comprehend. Biden and crew fumbled the withdrawal. Badly. Now, the US doesn't look great in this entire thing, but this didn't start recently, the wheels have been in motion. Biden and his administration had a chance to handle this with little to no press attention, but then the Taliban came on strong on the heels of the US with a foot out the door already. But the US drug their feet and now here we are.
"Biden and his administration had a chance to handle this with little to no press attention but..." How exactly would that have happened? Even if they airlifted every single person who so much as spoke to a US troop out of the country, they still would have faced criticism when the Taliban inevitably swooped right back into power. There was no off ramp to this that didn't end with people complaining about how something should have been done differently. Our country is so dumb that we cannot even agree on simple things like that wearing masks reduce the spread of an airborne pathogen.

People will die as a result of this decision. People also would die as a result of this decision if made 20 more days, 20 more weeks or 20 more years from now. Enough is enough.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

trying to find some commentary on the Afghanistan war in some greater context of geopolitics and imperialism and capitalism, but so far all the articles are only from sources Qusdahl would read
Deleted User 89

fighting religious extremists seems to be a dubious task

they view their actions as being the hand of god, and ultimately righteous

reason and logic go out the window

democracy CANNOT take hold and flourish in such environments, as they feel that their repressive systems are what their god wants, so therefore the system is just
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Oh, and Afghanistan provides an estimated 80% of the global illegal heroin and opium trade.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 021-08-16/
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:46 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:37 am

"Biden and his administration had a chance to handle this with little to no press attention but..." How exactly would that have happened? Even if they airlifted every single person who so much as spoke to a US troop out of the country, they still would have faced criticism when the Taliban inevitably swooped right back into power. There was no off ramp to this that didn't end with people complaining about how something should have been done differently. Our country is so dumb that we cannot even agree on simple things like that wearing masks reduce the spread of an airborne pathogen.

People will die as a result of this decision. People also would die as a result of this decision if made 20 more days, 20 more weeks or 20 more years from now. Enough is enough.
I left out my key word of bad press attention. There's going to be attention. But people's eyes are glued when they see people jumping onto airplanes taxiing for takeoff, and tragically falling to their death when the airplane takes off.

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

🤣🤣🤣

Twighlight zone huh?