Och senior year

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Och senior year

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:27 pmNo 1 Kansas 2020
Go for it.

We could also hang them for all the years we finished ranked #1. I'd be fine with that too. #1 seed years in general. Why is a final 4 run of 4 games valued more than entire season that is rewarded with a #1 seed?

See I'm a Kansas fan. I like fun!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cant tell if you're being facetious but going to assume so.

Otherwise you were arguing for no reason.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ok you edited that.
No.
Your idea is dumb.

Not No 1 Seed KU 2020.
Just:
No 1 KU 2020.

The winner of the six game tournament finishes no. 1. In this case, there was no tournament and we finished no. 1.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:32 pm Ok you edited that.
No.
Your idea is dumb.

Not No 1 Seed KU 2020.
Just:
No 1 KU 2020.
Yes, that's fine. I am good with that.

Are there any other years we finished ranked #1 even after the tournament? We could do it for that year too. Or not. Either way is fine with me.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:34 pm
No.
Your idea is dumb.

Not No 1 Seed KU 2020.
Just:
No 1 KU 2020.

Are there any other years we finished ranked #1 even after the tournament? We could do it for that year too. Or not. Either way is fine with me.
:shock:
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:12 pm Nowhere was it minimized by me. Just not a national championship.
It's literally ALL you've done.

It's all you ever do. Argue to argue and make sure you keep us all in check.

You're just the secretary who won't file your refund for a work purchase because the itemized receipt uses abbreviations.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:34 pm
No.
Your idea is dumb.

Not No 1 Seed KU 2020.
Just:
No 1 KU 2020.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:15 pm "A banner for what? Being a projected 1 seed?"

If this doesn't come off as minimizing to you, basically lol'ing at the thought and then saying all we did was be a projected 1 seed, then you're the problem.

A single elimination six game tournament doesnt always determine the best team either.
It was just such a snarky, smug, pretentious post.

And it's THE definition of minimizing.

Deleted User 863

Deep breaths.

Everything is going to be ok.

But no banner will be hung.

I can't wait to see the display honoring that team in AHF. Hopefully cancelation of the tournament is not something any of us have to experience ever again.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

It's not even about the fucking banner. It's about you being a dick on this bored 24 hours a day making the dumbest arguments imaginable like you're getting paid by the post.

It's every goddam thread.

Deleted User 863

meltdown confirmed
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Bro. You are so unaware of yourself. It's sad.

I think we can all agree on that.

Deleted User 863

I think it's funny how unaware you are that I am actually completely aware of myself.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think you are aware of some things but unaware how often you struggle to grasp the central argument of what you think you're being aware of. And then get stuck in what is arguing for argument sake because you've lost the central argument. We all do it but you do it the most of all of us here.

This argument today is a classic example: here you argued against a banner, when most of the people who were arguing against never said they wanted one, and in doing so tried to diminish KUs accomplishments that season, but argued you weren't doing that, but then agreed how a banner could go up.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:01 pm I think you are aware of some things but unaware how often you struggle to grasp the central argument of what you think you're being aware of. And then get stuck in what is arguing for argument sake because you've lost the central argument. We all do it but you do it the most of all of us here.

This argument today is a classic example: here you argued against a banner, when most of the people who were arguing against never said they wanted one, and in doing so tried to diminish KUs accomplishments that season, but argued you weren't doing that, but then agreed how a banner could go up.
This argument is a classic example of me responding to someone else (sparko iirc), and then another person (PhDouchebag) decided to argue with me about something even though we appear to agree about the actual comment i responded to in the first place. Also, hard to grasp the central argument when people are arguing different things, but oh well.

Big difference between some sort of banner that says we were ranked #1 in the last poll they did (still dumb imo, but i compromised and said I'd be fine with it, even though we have a huge area inside AFH dedicated to honoring things we don't hang banners for), and a banner that says national champion that KU decided on their own to declare themselves. That's why I asked the question. PhD didn't like my tone apparently and had a meltdown. All good. Happens to the best of us.

Nobody diminished anything. If you're that sensitive then that's a you problem.

We had a great season where we only lost 3 games and were ranked #1 and were going to be the overall #1 seed going into the tournament. It's not diminishing the season to say that those accolades don't = a self declaration of national champions or the hanging of some banner in a similar fashion as a national championship banner. If that offends you then I am sorry, but that's how i feel.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

Good news guys...we have a shot to win a national championship and hang a banner for that great accomplishment this year.

I am more excited about that chance than I am about wishing "what could have been" from a team 2 years ago.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

guess what? nobody asked for your opinion on this subject

if you don’t agree, quit arguing and posting in the thread
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:09 am guess what? nobody asked for your opinion on this subject
Well hello Mr. Self Awareness...

Guess what?...I don't think anybody asked for your opinion either, did they? You can't be doing this on accident, can you? 🤣
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dangit did tradition just illy himself
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:42 am Dangit did tradition just illy himself
It's been happening a lot lately.

Probably just early season jitters. I expect him to figure it out and end up playing starter minutes by conference play.