Crimscores 2022

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Crimscores 2022

Post by KUTradition »

wonder what turnovers per 40 looks like
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ve thought about mentioning Yes’s per 40s are awful similar to Dajuan’s

But I dunno if per 40 is a good metric

I DO know that if Yes airballed a wide open 3, he’d sit til next November
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I have the cutoff of per40's at 7 MPG.
Yes just has enough to make the list.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:13 am I’ve thought about mentioning Yes’s per 40s are awful similar to Dajuan’s

But I dunno if per 40 is a good metric

I DO know that if Yes airballed a wide open 3, he’d sit til next November
JFC.

Yesufu missed a dunk/lay up earlier in the season didn't he (or did you miss that game?)? Stop pretending he's better than he actually is. His career 3pt % is comparable to DH. He's not a flamethrower by any means. And DH is better are literally everything else. Why does it seem scoring is all that matters to some? We have plenty of scoring options on this team. We don't need DH to score 12pts per game like he did last night.

I hope Yesufu has more patience than many of our fans do.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Whoa illy, didn’t mean to trigger you.

I’m not sure quite what we have in Yes either, or if he’s worth much.

My point was, one gets to play through mistakes, and the other gets the short leash.

Whether it’s that he’s not performing so he gets the short leash, or the short leash is hurt his performance, may be chicken and egg. Maybe not. It’s been suggested before plenty.

But since you brought up “we don’t need DH to score 12 points a game like he did last night,” it sure would be nice if he did tho, right?

And it sure did make a difference between *checks notes* beating an overrated ISU team that was supposed to be 12 point dogs, and we shoulda run out the gym, but instead were struggling down the stretch and needed an awkward last second shot just to win a game that barely broke 60 points.

A lot will change with a healthy Remy back tho too.

But especially with Remy out, a little production at the guard spot would be nice.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

You consider an airball a mistake? That seems to be what you keep bringing up with Juan. I'd rather have Juan's one airball than Jalen's three clanks.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, it’s crazy how good Self is at recruiting guards who can’t shoot.

But Juan had a rough game. Fouled a 3 point shooter too. Made up for much of it with a clutch shot late, but even that looked awkward as shit.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:39 am I mean, it’s crazy how good Self is at recruiting guards who can’t shoot.

But Juan had a rough game. Fouled a 3 point shooter too. Made up for much of it with a clutch shot late, but even that looked awkward as shit.
Lucky it went in. There was one picture I saw last night and it was never even in his hand. He basically hit it at the rim with his wrist.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea. Borderline out of control.

He at least had the instinct to get going downhill tho.

I was hoping Och would just turn on the jets and go coast to coast instead, but I guess it worked out ok
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Did I miss some kind of lose/loose joke about spelling Dajuan's name Dejuan?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:34 am Whoa illy, didn’t mean to trigger you.

I’m not sure quite what we have in Yes either, or if he’s worth much.

My point was, one gets to play through mistakes, and the other gets the short leash.

Whether it’s that he’s not performing so he gets the short leash, or the short leash is hurt his performance, may be chicken and egg. Maybe not. It’s been suggested before plenty.

But since you brought up “we don’t need DH to score 12 points a game like he did last night,” it sure would be nice if he did tho, right?

And it sure did make a difference between *checks notes* beating an overrated ISU team that was supposed to be 12 point dogs, and we shoulda run out the gym, but instead were struggling down the stretch and needed an awkward last second shot just to win a game that barely broke 60 points.

A lot will change with a healthy Remy back tho too.

But especially with Remy out, a little production at the guard spot would be nice.
Do you think everyone should get equal minutes?

Yesufu has as much opportunity as anyone else on the team to earn his minutes. Practice matters. Performance matters.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it would seem, based on last night, that either 1) Yesufu is suddenly in the doghouse, or 2) Pettiford woulda been getting all of the backup minutes had he been healthy
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:48 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:39 am I mean, it’s crazy how good Self is at recruiting guards who can’t shoot.

Lucky it went in. There was one picture I saw last night and it was never even in his hand. He basically hit it at the rim with his wrist.
This is the first time I have seen our fanbase hate our own player so much that when he hits a game winner the takeaway is "he got lucky"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:48 pm Did I miss some kind of lose/loose joke about spelling Dajuan's name Dejuan?
I’ve wondered that too. I’m pretty sure some folks just spell it wrong.

Or rather, if we’re gonna create some pun about a player’s name, don’t let me be da-juan to start it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This pic?

https://twitter.com/mswain247/status/14 ... 61377?s=21
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:25 pm

This is the first time I have seen our fanbase hate our own player so much that when he hits a game winner the takeaway is "he got lucky"
I don't think it's hating to say a shot was lucky to go in when the shooter didn't even have control of the ball while taking said shot. It's not like I said he got lucky for hitting those 2 flagrant free throws.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

You're not the only one that's done that. Juan has made quite a few tough layups this season, he does that.

I certainly don't remember anyone saying Devontae's wild, and much tougher, lower percentage even for him, layup against Texas Tech was lucky.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:40 pm

This pic?

https://twitter.com/mswain247/status/14 ... 61377?s=21
There's one a few frames earlier where it's actually touching the base of his palm/wrist.

I suppose you could say it rolled up his hand and off the finger tips, but this image sure makes it look "lucky", lol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ah.

Yea.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m excited as eff that he made it!

And generally had one of his better scoring games of the season.

But, KU point guards have always been the subject of particular scrutiny. I don’t think Dajuan deserves an exemption. Especially cuz he’s statistically the lowest performing pg since…?

And especially after all the shit Marcus Garrett got last year. If we could get that dude’s stat line outta Dajuan, oh man.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Think of it this way:

Going forward, if and when we’re down a point and NEED a bucket late, where’s Dajuan rank on the list of dudes on this roster you’d want taking the shot?