Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: FUCK ESPN

Post by jfish26 »

NDballer13 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:23 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:28 am
NDballer13 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:22 am

Being outraged because the broadcast was uninterrupted, and could still be heard, is indeed dumb. Never thought I would be on team Illy, lol.

Wonder what people truly feel about the camera being on the sideline reporter for few seconds after a commercial and they don't get to see the ball being dribbled up the backcourt.
I don't know, I found it ridiculous that they'd split screen during the action of a close and late (and meaningful) game, for long blocks of time, to show pregame festivities at an upcoming game.
I'm not saying it was a good idea, or even really defending it. I'm just agreeing with Illy that getting outraged, or even a tiny bit upset about it, is equally ridiculous. Not one second of game action was missed, so what did it hurt?
Except that game action very much was missed if you were watching on a phone/tablet, or a bar, or even just your living room if you don't happen to have a very large TV.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Not one second of game action was missed, so what did it hurt?"

I could barely see the action ( at a bar ).
You have effectively made our game take up only 25% of the screen.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

That's a whole other can of worms for me.

I HATE it when we don't maximize screens. Whether on TV, or Jumbotrons at games, or whatever.

I bought a 70" tv to see shit spread out across 70", not on a box covering 25% of my screen space. With a bunch of other shit on the screen. That's true for all programming, but especially sports, and even worse when it's to make room for rat face's ugly mug.

To me, it's like ordering a steak medium rare and then it comes out well done. I'm paying for a product, I tuned in to watch the KU game, not a less than ideal version of it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

aside from the specificity of the puke festivities, why isn’t the split screen EVER used under normal circumstances where the early game runs long?

that’s my gripe more than anything specific to puke

that it would be pulled out specifically to fallate puke, k and their fans only adds insult to injury (and makes it all the more glorious that they lost)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:21 pm aside from the specificity of the puke festivities, why isn’t the split screen EVER used under normal circumstances where the early game runs long?

that it would be pulled out specifically to fallate puke, k and their fans only adds insult to injury (and makes it all the more glorious that they lost)
On the other hand, I'm mildly surprised our game wasn't shuffled over to ESPN Classic or something at 5pm CT on the nose.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:33 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:21 pm aside from the specificity of the puke festivities, why isn’t the split screen EVER used under normal circumstances where the early game runs long?

On the other hand, I'm mildly surprised our game wasn't shuffled over to ESPN Classic or something at 5pm CT on the nose.
i was fully expecting that, especially once OT rolled around
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

They just did to Baylor what I thought they'd do to us.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

It wasn't normal circumstances.

You sound jealous and petty.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:00 pm

It wasn't normal circumstances.

You sound jealous and petty.
ok
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Just another day at the office for illy.
Someone is upset about Coach K on a Kansas message bored?
Here I come to save the day!!!!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:18 pm Just another day at the office for illy.
the saddest part is that he’s already said he agrees that the coverage was over the top
Deleted User 863

Not saving the day. Just disagreeing with their outrage.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why isn’t the split screen EVER used under normal circumstances where the early game runs long?

OUTRAGE!!!
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:24 pm Not saving the day. Just disagreeing with their outrage.

You're miserable and predictable.

It's like you're working at it. Hard. It's your job
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

illy is the guy on the online 5 PM Friday meeting who says he has some questions when the host is finished presenting.
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:24 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:18 pm Just another day at the office for illy.
the saddest part is that he’s already said he agrees that the coverage was over the top
Correct. The coverage was over the top. The duke ceremonies were over the top. All of it. But it was all understandable and predictable.

Totally different than being outraged or surprised by a split screen.

Like others have said, just be thankful they didn't switch our game to a different station because that wouldn't have surprised me....although THAT would have outraged me.

The split screen was fine imo. Lots of BWW Chad's tuning into see it and BWW Chad doesn't know ESPN usually shows whatever is being missed on espnnews or U or 2 when something runs long (which is basically every time).
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

get a life, dude
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Figures that a non KU grad would think a split screen was fine.
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:25 pm why isn’t the split screen EVER used under normal circumstances where the early game runs long?

OUTRAGE!!!
How many days has it been? Still stewing in your inferiority complex?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:30 pm get a life, dude