Biggest comeback in championship game history

Kansas Basketball.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Biggest comeback in championship game history

Post by Sparko »

I think of the General Giap quote here: "that may be so, but it is also irrelevant."
Fouling with a big like Manek rebounding and potentially dunking or sinking a three after the first make is silly. That made rebounding suddenly relevant.
Last edited by Sparko on Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

photo gallery with the Phog and Mass

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 04750.html
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:46 am
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:38 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:30 am Work with a Carolina native. He was happy with how game was officiated and how bigs battled down low (Of course because his big only had 3 fouls while ours had a combine 8) and he honestly thinks that someone hit that guy who vomited. He thinks UNC likely wins that game if Love doesn't shoot them out of it. 5-24 from the field with 1-8 from 3. Said they just had tired legs and halftime came at the worst time because they caught their breath and probably realized how dead tired they were.

Tears extra salty today.
He's right. But that's what KU does, it cuts off the head of the snake. We always try to take out the other team's best player.

It's part of the reason why there's always some shlub whose only attempted 5 3's all year who goes 6 of 8 against us.
and by that same token, KU woulda been up big had they just made the bunnies
and FTs. what the fuck Och!
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

It also set the record for number of times I yelled "Rebound!" at a tv.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:01 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:46 am
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:38 am
He's right. But that's what KU does, it cuts off the head of the snake. We always try to take out the other team's best player.

It's part of the reason why there's always some shlub whose only attempted 5 3's all year who goes 6 of 8 against us.
and by that same token, KU woulda been up big had they just made the bunnies
and FTs. what the fuck Och!
oh my god, yes…and missing at what seemed like the worst possible time
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

We ran through the gamut last night. The 2012 physical pummeling. The 2003 missed free throws. The 1966 step out of bounds call. The 2010 big hitting timely threes. But the 2016 Trey Burke prayer clanked this time like the 2008 Davidson game. Man. Emotional roller coaster
MovieDave

Post by MovieDave »

I'm usually Team Foul, but not last night. We played great first shot defense all night and they had 24 offensive rebounds and what, maybe 30 second chance points? It felt dirty, but I was screaming "don't foul" at the TV. Plus, I think they were in the 1 and 1, so we would have had to dodge two potential rebound and kickout opportunities
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Sparko wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:06 am We ran through the gamut last night. The 2012 physical pummeling. The 2003 missed free throws. The 1966 step out of bounds call. The 2010 big hitting timely threes. But the 2016 Trey Burke prayer clanked this time like the 2008 Davidson game. Man. Emotional roller coaster
Definitely felt the de ja vu on the two I bolded.

I even said, Oh No, Och is gonna pull a Collison

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

this is as good a place as any

https://fox4kc.com/sports/ku-fans-to-re ... hip-court/

get your piece of history at the home opener
reubenc

Post by reubenc »

I was personally hoping to be able to buy a big square like after 2008, but this is cooler and wider reaching.