Enough is enough

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Enough is enough

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:47 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:29 am
dolomite wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:06 am
It’s because they don’t like to borrow trouble?
Maybe they don’t know or care about the drug overdoses from the Fentanyl coming across the border.
During FY 2021, CBP officers at the eight ports of entry extending from Brownsville to Del Rio that comprise the Laredo Field Office seized 87,652 pounds of narcotics that would have commanded a combined estimated street value of $786 million. Specifically, they seized 41,713 pounds of marijuana; 8,592 pounds of cocaine, up 98 percent from FY 20; 33,777 pounds of methamphetamine; 1,215 pounds of heroin, 588 pounds of fentanyl, up 1,066 percent from FY 2020, $10.4 million in unreported currency, 463 weapons, up 21 percent from FY 2020 and 84,863 rounds of ammunition.
(www.cbp.gov)
Glad to see they are doing their job. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing additional US jobs created to do a better, quicker and more thorough job of inspecting all items entering our country for illegal drugs/guns/persons, etc... but I don't think deploying our US military to the border to lock us down is the answer. A lock down severely reduces the flow of goods into our country and we have seen that severe reductions in supply combined with an increase in expense to deliver to market just drives up costs to US consumers.
https://cis.org/Arthur/Drug-Overdose-De ... Key-Factor

Why is there a “proliferation of fentanyl”? One main reason (if not the sole reason) is that the drug is flowing into the United States in record amounts. Which brings me to the Southwest border.

As I explained on May 24, the migrant surge there is degrading Border Patrol’s ability to stop the drug smugglers who are bringing in much of the fentanyl that is hitting American streets.

That flood is due to the Biden administration’s border policies, but you don’t have to take my word for it.

In a letter last month to DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey complained that the Biden administration's failure to secure the border was flooding his state with fentanyl, which he estimated was responsible for the deaths of 975 West Virginians in 2020.

Just say no to drugs?
What is the difference between Biden's border policies and Trump's border policies? Biden has changed very little from when Trump was President.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Well, except for putting little kids in dog kennels and deporting their parents and then loosing all paperwork. But other than that, pretty much the same.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:40 am Well, except for putting little kids in dog kennels and deporting their parents and then loosing all paperwork. But other than that, pretty much the same.
He's actually done a bit more than Trump but because every time a gun-nut shoots up a school or grocery store, Trump-humpers start screaming about the border again to change the focus away from guns.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article ... -year-mark

https://www.voanews.com/a/biden-s-first ... 67512.html
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:40 am Well, except for putting little kids in dog kennels and deporting their parents and then loosing all paperwork. But other than that, pretty much the same.
Obama built the cages!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

dolomite wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:14 pm
Obama built the cages!
Was that before or after he rounded everyone up for re-education?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

dolomite wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:14 pm
Obama built the cages!
Yes, the cages were built under the Obama administration. And?
Instead of not using and/or destroying them - as they could have chosen to do, the Trump administration "happily" used them for unintended purposes - as 99 alluded to. Right?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dolomite wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:06 am
It’s because they don’t like to borrow trouble?
Maybe they don’t know or care about the drug overdoses from the Fentanyl coming across the border.
During FY 2021, CBP officers at the eight ports of entry extending from Brownsville to Del Rio that comprise the Laredo Field Office seized 87,652 pounds of narcotics that would have commanded a combined estimated street value of $786 million. Specifically, they seized 41,713 pounds of marijuana; 8,592 pounds of cocaine, up 98 percent from FY 20; 33,777 pounds of methamphetamine; 1,215 pounds of heroin, 588 pounds of fentanyl, up 1,066 percent from FY 2020, $10.4 million in unreported currency, 463 weapons, up 21 percent from FY 2020 and 84,863 rounds of ammunition.
(www.cbp.gov)
Glad to see they are doing their job. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing additional US jobs created to do a better, quicker and more thorough job of inspecting all items entering our country for illegal drugs/guns/persons, etc... but I don't think deploying our US military to the border to lock us down is the answer. A lock down severely reduces the flow of goods into our country and we have seen that severe reductions in supply combined with an increase in expense to deliver to market just drives up costs to US consumers.

Why is there a “proliferation of fentanyl”? One main reason (if not the sole reason) is that the drug is flowing into the United States in record amounts. Which brings me to the Southwest border.

As I explained on May 24, the migrant surge there is degrading Border Patrol’s ability to stop the drug smugglers who are bringing in much of the fentanyl that is hitting American streets.

That flood is due to the Biden administration’s border policies, but you don’t have to take my word for it.

In a letter last month to DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey complained that the Biden administration's failure to secure the border was flooding his state with fentanyl, which he estimated was responsible for the deaths of 975 West Virginians in 2020.

Just say no to drugs?
…according to an analysis of US Customs and Border Protection data from Immigration Impact found that 95% of of all fentanyl seized came from a port of entry or by a CBP vehicle checkpoint. Similarly, the CATO report cited data showing that according to the US Sentencing Commission, 86.3% of convicted fentanyl traffickers were American citizens…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:56 am

Just say no to drugs?
…according to an analysis of US Customs and Border Protection data from Immigration Impact found that 95% of of all fentanyl seized came from a port of entry or by a CBP vehicle checkpoint. Similarly, the CATO report cited data showing that according to the US Sentencing Commission, 86.3% of convicted fentanyl traffickers were American citizens…
Round ‘em up