Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by Deleted User 89 »

he’ll still bitch and moan about not getting enough respect
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 am LeBron > MJ.
As you kids and our resident old man would say - "Kewl!"
So many different things to factor in but hey, it's a lovely "graphic" that you shared. Thanks!
Let's go ahead and crown the "Chosen 1" King James as the GOAT and then can we move on?
As i have said numerous times, i rank MJ #1....but it is a very interesting graphic. LeBron has gone against some of the best teams of all time in some of his finals (some of those spurs teams and warriors teams are both top 10-15 teams of all time).
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I never would have known Vlade Divac was a HOFer without that graphic, lol. His best season was 16/10.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 am
So many different things to factor in but hey, it's a lovely "graphic" that you shared. Thanks!
Let's go ahead and crown the "Chosen 1" King James as the GOAT and then can we move on?
As i have said numerous times, i rank MJ #1....but it is a very interesting graphic. LeBron has gone against some of the best teams of all time in some of his finals (some of those spurs teams and warriors teams are both top 10-15 teams of all time).
I won't dispute that LeBron faced tougher teams. I would be wrong to do as such.
Still,
Jordan 6-0.
LeBron 4-6.

It's very possible Jordan would be 4-6 if he and his teams played the same teams LeBron did and it's very possible LeBron would be 6-0 of his teams played the same teams Jordan did.
We will never know.
What we do know is that LeBron got swept in the Finals at least twice. Only won one game at least twice.
What we do know is LeBron had to leave his original team to win a Championship and build/join a "super team" to win championships.

I give LeBron and his teammates all the credit in the world for winning the Championships in 2012, 2013, and 2016. I'm not convinced even Jordan's 95-96 team would have won those series.

Side note. If I am not mistaken.
LeBron in the Finals = 22-33
Jordan in the Finals = 24-11
Deleted User 289

NDballer13 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:23 am I never would have known Vlade Divac was a HOFer without that graphic, lol. His best season was 16/10.
My guess is part of what earned Vlade membership was also his "International" accomplishments.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 am
I won't dispute that LeBron faced tougher teams. I would be wrong to do as such.
Still,
Jordan 6-0.
LeBron 4-6.

It's very possible Jordan would be 4-6 if he and his teams played the same teams LeBron did and it's very possible LeBron would be 6-0 of his teams played the same teams Jordan did.
We will never know.
What we do know is that LeBron got swept in the Finals at least twice. Only won one game at least twice.
What we do know is LeBron had to leave his original team to win a Championship and build/join a "super team" to win championships.

I give LeBron and his teammates all the credit in the world for winning the Championships in 2012, 2013, and 2016. I'm not convinced even Jordan's 95-96 team would have won those series.

We also know MJ got swept twice in the first round, only won one game twice, and missed the playoffs altogether twice.

But those knowns don't help the narrative for the good chunk of MJ supporters who like to hang everything on 6-0.

I know you've never done it, but I have seen more than just a handful of times one person will mock LeBron's Finals record while also defending MJ first round losses by using "Yeah, but those Celtics teams were stacked!" or straight up saying something like it didn't matter because it wasn't the Finals.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NDballer13 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:22 pm
Grandma wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 am

Still,
Jordan 6-0.
LeBron 4-6.

We will never know.

We also know MJ got swept twice in the first round, only won one game twice, and missed the playoffs altogether twice.

But those knowns don't help the narrative for the good chunk of MJ supporters who like to hang everything on 6-0.

I know you've never done it, but I have seen more than just a handful of times one person will mock LeBron's Finals record while also defending MJ first round losses by using "Yeah, but those Celtics teams were stacked!" or straight up saying something like it didn't matter because it wasn't the Finals.
lol
Deleted User 289

Zeke is definitely one of the biggest douches to have played the game.

MJ's rookie season against Thomas and the Pistons
Feb 12th 1985
49 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists.

MJ only played one game against the Pistons his second year in the league and scored 33 had 7 rebounds and 6 assists.

His 3rd season in the league MJ dropped 47 on the Pistons in one game and 61 in another. His worst game he scored 24 but had others in which he scored 33, 38, and 39.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHbmBoarAC-/?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hahaha
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Would be funnier (is that a word?) if Jordan had actually said it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Happy birthday MJ
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/311 ... kle-injury

James, 36, was able to stand on his own and limped back to the bench where he laced his sneakers and stayed in the game after the timeout.

On the Lakers' first possession out of the timeout, James hit a 3 from the corner, lifting his stat line to 10 points on 3-for-6 shooting, keeping his streak intact of 1,036 straight games -- including Saturday -- scoring 10 points or more.

The Lakers called another timeout shortly thereafter and James checked out of the game for good with 10:04 remaining in the second quarter, with his team trailing 34-30.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is always about what you value on the court--guard play, forward play or Center. James, Wilt and MJ could have been on the court at the same time and each could dominate if the role required.
Last edited by Sparko on Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 289

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Oh fuck, Illy and ND about to loose their shit
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Little montage of Wilt

https://youtu.be/1WsCtyLGg1w
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

LeBron would have cried himself to death if he had played from 1989 to 1999
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Lebron is bigger stronger and faster than nearly everyone that played in those years.