NBA Playoffs

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by Deleted User 863 »

And LOL at posting an article about him being out of shape at the BEGINNING of the season after being hurt/battling through injuries and playing for his national team over the summer.

Fun talk.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:33 pm Funny, straight to the strawmans, I haven't said ANYWHERE he doesn't need to change ANYTHING. Certainly haven't said he doesn't need to get better at DEFENSE.

I also said above EVERYONE could be in better shape and have better conditioning. That's someone EVERYONE has to continually work on throughout their careers each and every season. Not just Doncic.

Just funny to me you ran with a comment by overlander that i assume meant to say 4th quarter and started in, being totally unaware he had a ridiculously good 3rd quarter in the game last night.
So despite the fact that I said he needs to get in better shape (and that local and national writers as well as his own coach agree with that statement) and that you agree that everyone could improve by getting in better shape, here we are...

The perfect example of "arguing to argue".
Deleted User 863

On.

And on.

And on.

Thought you didn't engage in this?

You did the strawmanning, not me. I provided the 3rd quarter stats from last nights game. And his season stats/series stats. And his career accolades.

Your analysis on Doncic a few weeks ago comparing him to Trae Young should have been all I need to know.

My bad.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:57 pm On.

And on.

And on.

Thought you didn't engage in this?

You did the strawmanning, not me. I provided the 3rd quarter stats from last nights game. And his season stats/series stats. And his career accolades.

Your analysis on Doncic a few weeks ago comparing him to Trae Young should have been all I need to know.

My bad.
What do you feel that Doncic's biggest needs for improvement is during the offseason? From what I have seen from pretty much every NBA analyst it is his conditioning and defense. It's not like I had some crazy off base take here.
Deleted User 863

NDballer13 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:26 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:03 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:13 pm

You guys do realize Doncic had 15pts 2ast 2rebs and 1stl in the 3rd quarter where they cut a 20+pt lead to under 10, right? Including like a 12-0 run that he sparked.
Super cool, that has nothing to do with what I said.

It doesn't change the fact that he was frequently out of position on defense because he couldn't get back in time. He also whines too much and hangs his teammates out to dry.

If you're going to lead the league in usage then you'd better be physically prepared for what that entails. Great player who can be even greater once he gets in better condition. Michael Jordan wasn't going to break into the NBA champ tier unless he got in better physical shape, either. It doesn't mean that he was a bad player prior to his dedicated effort to transform his body.
So are you one of those guys that thinks being slower and less athletically gifted automatically means he's in bad shape?

I would say leading the league in usage, and still putting up the numbers he does, says he's pretty prepared for what that entails. His numbers actually get better in the playoffs, so it's not like he's breaking down. So where do you get that he's in such poor shape other than he's just really slow?
It's no coincidence twocoach isn't responding to your posts.

He was in bad shape at the beginning of the season in December. Off season nagging injuries and national team games didn't help.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri May 27, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:31 pm
pdub wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:17 pm He could both, right now, be one of the best players in the league, because he is, and also get in better shape, because he could.
Sure, couldn't everyone could get in better shape?
Luka more than others.
I don’t see that as something Giannis needs to focus on.
Luka def could.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:29 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:31 pm
pdub wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:17 pm He could both, right now, be one of the best players in the league, because he is, and also get in better shape, because he could.
Sure, couldn't everyone could get in better shape?
Luka more than others.
I don’t see that as something Giannis needs to focus on.
Luka def could.
And yet Luka played more minutes per game than Giannis. And only 2 less games (in the regular season). And got his team to the conference finals. Where he put up ridiculous numbers against 1 of the best defensive teams in the league.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He had to.
He’s incredibly good.
That doesn’t mean he could stand to focus on getting more ripped.

I think there’s much more a chance, and this goes for Joke mentioned before, you are a better player if you are peak fitness, than not.

He’s already a top 5 player so he can do whatever he wants.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Luka and Christian Braun are the same height.

Compare Luka's shoulders to Brauns.

Then realize Luka is listed as 12 pounds heavier than Braun.

Where is that 12 pounds, then? Cuz it's not in his shoulders.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

My comment wasn’t pointed to Luka’s conditioning. It was more that the burden for ball handling AND scoring falls on him too much.

Dallas has put some decent pieces around him, but they need to add a scoring balance, open things up.
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:11 pm My comment wasn’t pointed to Luka’s conditioning. It was more that the burden for ball handling AND scoring falls on him too much.

Dallas has put some decent pieces around him, but they need to add a scoring balance, open things up.
Tim Hardaway Jr being hurt didn't help.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Let me guess, illy is arguing that Luka isn’t a little pudgy?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lotta talking heads already giving this game to the Celtics.
I dunno, Heat isn’t some pushover, they steal this, the ball is in their court.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:22 pm Let me guess, illy is arguing that Luka isn’t a little pudgy?
Nope. I argued that he wasn't too exhausted in the 3rd quarter to have 15pts 2rebs 2asts and a steal.

And that he's not too pudgy/out of shape to average a shit load of minutes and be 1st team All NBA 3 years in a row.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I appreciate you telling me that it didn’t appear to me that Luka looked exhausted.

I never said he didn’t score, and play well.

I did, however, see him leave 3 shots in a row way short….including what should have been a bunny.

Dude was fucking tired
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Let me understand this. If/when Luka is tired it means he is out of shape and/or fat?

What about Wiggins?

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/ ... c/2903129/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t think Luka is out of shape at all.
I think he could stand into getting his body built to be more effective.
But it’s like fine tuning something that already is elite.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Smart way off so far.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Good first half.
Miami up 2.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Fanboys are so weird. Luka can be pudgy and still be one of the best players in the NBA.