Conspiracies

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Conspiracies

Post by KUTradition »

he was in Roswell
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:40 am
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/04/us/east- ... index.html

Other than that time it was all over the news, and still is, I guess no one is talking about it?
literally the 4th story down in my news feed. #1 is msu shooting, 2 is UFOs, and 3 is russian offensive in Ukraine
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Well, then, they got the genitalia correct
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Too much hair. No crazy eyes for the Yam Yeti
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Raquel Welsh died yesterday. Probably the vax. Someone needs to answer for that.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

So I will play along....The vax and covid have similar (the same?) side effects. If he's had the vax and also had covid it'll be impossible to determine which caused the side effect.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

how weird is it (and sad, and a bit scary) that so many people believe so much of what they read on twitter?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So many dumb things packed into one post.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:16 am how weird is it (and sad, and a bit scary) that so many people believe so much of what they read on twitter?
Agreed.

It's a huge negative impact of the internet.

As much as it has helped with accessibility of information for education purposes, this benefit is offset by the accessibility of bad info.

People become overly educated on non educational/non factual material.

It is becoming increasingly hard to distinguish good info from bad info. Sometimes unintentionally. Often intentionally.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Isn't this the same guy who claims no one is covering the derailment in Ohio? And yet you still follow them as a reliable source. How do you discount the obvious links that show he is not and still rely on this source? Are you familiar with the term "suspension of disbelief"?

So when did you become a skeptic about vaccines and big pharma and government? What was the event or information source that started this?

Is it all vaccines for just specific vaccines?

Can this be considered an obsession on a particular subject or just a need to be righto or having special knowledge?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the need/desire to feel special

it’s fairly ubiquitous among conspiracy mongers
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I remember the "experts" sQuirt and the 9/11 theorists embraced in their dispute of the findings of the NIST reports in the aftermath. They had one architect who had never designed a building taller than 3 stories let alone building structure of any sort. Then there was a metallurgist as I recall. A simple column stability equation was enough to prove why the failure was predictable. But the whole structural engineering profession was paid off by the gubermint to support the conspiracy. And that is money I am using to retire early.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

While I agree that selective information seeking and internet fake news and such are problems, I kinda wonder how much the problem was created by the internet, versus more so being some catalyst to a problem that has always been there.

I also wonder if it’s worth distinguishing between those who only seek info in a way that validates existing beliefs, versus those who are willing to confront inconvenient info that is otherwise at odds with existing beliefs.

But that seems pretty lobstery. And like who gets to decide which is which and stuff
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the issue is that the internet and social media give the same microphone and level of amplification to loonies as it does to educated professionals and experts

couple that with a populace that tends to lack critical thinking skills, and/or the desire and patience to actually proof what they are reading, and you have this current mess
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Enrique Tario, Charlie Kirk, Nick Fuentes...how tall are they?

I am just looking for patterns here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

I saw some shit on the tweeters about how some AP story published photos and a video of a Ukrainian soldier with an…ISIS (?!?!?!) symbol on his uniform. But I refrained from posting, cuz I don’t wanna apply the critical thinking to actually proof that shit and shit.

I also almost shared a post from none other than Zelensky’s own Instagram page when he recently posted (another) pic of a Ukrainian soldier with a nazi symbol on his uniform, but we all know Zelensky is just another Russian spambot.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you do know, don’t you, that such symbols have been used by groups other than nazis, right?

i don’t know what images or symbols you’re referring to, but your immediate knee-jerk reaction to assume they are representing the same themes and ideas as nazis is part of the problem